Sunrise of Exton

Reviews of Sunrise of Exton

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Exton

November 02, 2015

By da19426

My mother lived at the Sunrise of Exton facility from 06/13/2013 thru 10/25/2015. During the first year there everything was fine until the management change (executive director) in 07/2014. After the arrival of a new manager there things started to go down hill in terms of staffing problems and the general quality of meals. Our family tried to talk to them about our concerns but they where ignored. After our complaints the care for my mother dropped. For most of her time there she did not need that much but what care she needed was ignored by the care givers and there management. The only thing that seemed to changes was increasing the cost of my mothers care. Our family feels they are concerned more with making as much money as possible and the care is secondary. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

September 29, 2015

By Linda111912050

My friend is currently living at Sunrise of Exton, and she is doing quite well. I think the young girls and the CNAs are very nice. I think she is receiving good care. The residents look very alive. You do not see many of them sitting around with their heads down. I have been there many times with her. The food was good, but I do not think they have a variety of meals as the other place I have been in. I think it is very secure, and it is very clean.

July 06, 2015

Sunrise of Exton had a very good program. The problem was they don't have a nurse 24/7. My mother is 90 years old, and I didn't want her being sent to the hospital for no reason. She takes blood pressure medication, and I wanted somebody to be checking her blood pressure. The room was just fine, and they kept the people actively engaged. They had a central area where they watch over the residents. They were kind; it was just that they didn't have a 24/7 nurse.

March 23, 2015

My son liked Sunrise, and they all seemed to want to get in there, but they don’t seem to follow through when you ask questions. He went to a meeting three weeks ago, and he was going to send out all of the minutes of the meeting. We would like to see her bathed more; they were bathing her twice a week, and she looks terrible. They put her in diapers, and she is supposed to be in some memory facility, and I don’t see anybody doing a whole lot. They’ve got a roommate in there that moans all night. We’ve been trying to get that taken care of. This is $6000 a month, and for this kind of money, I would like to see better care. She has been complaining that she is in pain, so they did a urinalysis. They called me at home at and said, "She has stomach pains. Can you bring her some pepto bismol?" I said "You’ve got to be kidding; you’re telling me you don’t have somebody there like a doctor?" She still has to make an appointment to see the doctor. But it’s a lovely place with a spiral staircase.

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with us. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with further details. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 30, 2014

I was referred to by a professional to Sunrise of Exton. It was very nice. Everyone was friendly. The facility was clean. It just felt like home. The staff is very good and very caring for the resident. They go out of their way because it seems the care givers took pride in what they do. The rooms are very nice. I have tried eating there, and it is very good. My dad is doing OK. They have all different kinds of activities like arts and crafts, singing, games, rides, and shopping. It’s a smaller community and not as large a place as some of the others, but it met our needs. The surrounding is very nice. I would recommend this facility to others.

June 19, 2013

By Barbara34

My mother has Alzheimer's and she is in Sunrise of Exton. I didn't know exactly when she was moving because my father was having surgery and was using a caregiver. They were the only ones who were able to actually tell me that they will hold a bed for her. I did check into other facilities. The place is kind of like a five-star hotel, it is beautiful, everybody is friendly, it's in a nice area, and I feel that she has done well there.

May 29, 2013

By Eric5

Sunrise of Exton was great. The staff were very helpful. They have a lot of activities taking place. They even have a live band. I did not get the chance to sample the food, but they have plenty of food selections to choose from. Overall, the place was very nice.

July 29, 2011

By momshelper7

I was initially very concerned in transitioning my mother from a nursing home to an assisted living place but she was getting better and didn't have to be in a nursing home anymore but not well enough to come home. I have been very pleased with Sunrise. It's very clean and the food is above average. Most importantly the care managers are great with my mother. She can be demanding. So if she's pleased with them they must be giving her a lot of attention. I would highly recommend.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Exton

Questions about Sunrise of Exton

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Exton. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall, average age of our residents is 90. Our residents have a wide variety of activities and hobbies that they enjoy. Many enjoy bird-watching and bird-feeding, exercise and walking club, trivia, bingo, and live music performances.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Exton offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bingo, church services, trivia, afternoon socials, live music, arts and crafts, men's club, walking club. Exercise, movie night, lunch and dinner trips, movie theater.

What places are near Sunrise of Exton or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Target and nearby neighborhood.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Exton offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation for leisure activities on the activity calendar.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Exton exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The menu rotates with featured items like crab cakes and fresh fruits and vegetables. We also have always available items. Meals are cooked fresh and made to order by Sunrise chefs.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Exton offer to assisted living residents?

All of our main doors are locked and alarmed between 8PM and 8AM. The main entrance unlocks between 8AM and 8PM, but everybody leaving and coming must sign in and out at the concierge desk. The entire third floor, Reminiscence(memory-care), is secure and codes are required to come and go.

How does Sunrise of Exton keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Regular phone calls and face-to-face meetings with family members to ensure that their loved ones are well-looked after. Regular updates for wellness visits, vital sign checks, logging of medications, activity attendance, meals.

If Sunrise of Exton accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly! They can reside indoors, and also go outdoors, either in the courtyard or along the walking trail.

How does Sunrise of Exton keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Exton. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The neighborhood around Sunrise of Exton is unique in that on one side, we have Target within walking distance, and you are a few minutes away from route 100, which has easy access to dining and shopping. On the other side, is a quiet, residential neighborhood.

Is Sunrise of Exton affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No, but Chester County Hospital and Paoli Hospital are very nearby.

Photos of Sunrise of Exton