Freedom Village at Brandywine

Reviews of Freedom Village at Brandywine

Assisted Living Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

November 21, 2014

By Catherine3287

I looked at Freedom Village, but they rejected us because they felt we didn't have sufficient funds. Freedom Village was excellent. It was really excellent. The apartments were a nice size. I felt they're larger than the other facility. We really like it. The location is near a hospital, and it is not on a busy street. At that time of the visit, there were people in the woodshop and people doing crafts.

October 25, 2014

By Barbara100826250

I would love to live at Freedom Village, but it was too expensive. They had private rooms available. It’s within a restaurant, a library, and an atrium. They had a variety of activities. Everybody was very friendly. Everything was just beautiful.

April 30, 2013

By Barbara26

The place I've visited was wonderful. It was called Freedom Village at Brandywine. It was very nice and their customer service was very warm and caring. The rooms were very nice, very well-kept, and spacious. The lay-out was a very open floor plan and it was fabulous. They had an outdoor recreation area, an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, and a walking trail. I'm actually trying to get ideas for myself in the future and for my parents, just in case they are interested.

January 24, 2013

By privacy lover

Freedom Village is older but very well-maintained and well-staffed. The people are very nice and very efficient. They even have financial deals to help you sell your house. We've been through a whole talk on the tax incentives for going there, which we haven't run into anywhere else. It's not very far from major highway, so there was some highway noise. We did not know if they have outside recreation area. The pool was inside and everything seems to be inside. Every single unit had a patio or a sunroom, which I liked a lot. They said they have a garden, too. It seems extremely well-run. They have fitness room, recreation room to play puzzles and games, they have various committees and meetings, theater groups and choral groups would also come in. It's well-organized. They have woodworking shop, as well as gift shops where you can sell the stuff you make. There's no smell and no sign of neglect. The food was very good, too.

September 09, 2012

My mother didn't like the Freedom Village because it didn't have any place to walk. So I think they need to think about outdoor walking trails or at least sidewalks. They were all very nice when we visited, but my mother is not that quite ready to make that transition.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

From what I have seen, this is the best Assisted Living Facility I have ever been to. There was not one flaw with it. The workers were as nice as can be, the care was high quality, and the people were happy. The environment was especially appealing as it was clean and bright. I remember being instantly greeted and brought to where I wanted to go without any waiting. My mother lives there now and she loves it. She was hesitant about going at first, but now she wouldn't want to leave the place. So overall, this is the best Assisted Living Facility I have ever been to and I highly recommend it.

Nursing Home Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

May 22, 2017

By colleen836331

We chose Freedom Village at Brandywine. They had the nicest apartments of any places we visited. They were very spacious, lovely, and very bright. They were mostly over 1,500 sq. ft. two bedrooms and two baths. The activities seemed very nice. They had a pool, cards, billiards, ping pong, dancing, movies, and transportation. The food was very good. They had five different restaurants and a wide range of offerings of food every day. They had smaller dining areas as opposed to one huge cafeteria, which I thought was more intimate and nice.

January 28, 2016

Freedom Village at Brandywine is good, but the apartment is expensive. Once you get to the assisted care, the monthly fee would increase unlimitedly; which we cannot predict. The staff was good. The rooms were spacious, but the price is high.

October 29, 2015

We visited Freedom Village, which is owned by some corporation. I thought it was nice with spacious rooms. They have five different dining areas, and the food was nice, as well. The staff seemed very nice. The woman who gave us a tour and the kitchen people seemed nice.

September 29, 2015

By Linda111912050

I have been at Freedom Village at Brandywine quite a few times. It is a very nice place. It is a huge facility. They probably need more help. It is very expensive, but it is very good.

August 07, 2015

We are going to a continuing care retirement community called Freedom Village. It is very comfortable. The people are very friendly. It has a lot of amenities. The apartment is very nice. We have a two-bedroom, two-bath with a living, a dining room area and a full kitchen. It has a washer and a laundry room. We have cleaning services once a week. It has independent, assisted living, skilled care and memory. The activities depend upon what section you are in. They have an olympic size pool, a whirl pool, and a large exercise room with lots of equipment like treadmills, bikes, and weights. They also have tai-chi, yoga, stretching exercise, and physical therapy. They have excellent staff. They have five restaurants and underground parking. They have a large outside gazebo, and they have smaller gazebos throughout the outside area. They have a knitting group, bridge groups, pinochle group, and checkers group. They have plays from the high school and college that come in, and they have a large auditorium.

June 22, 2015

The staff was very warm at Freedom Village. The rooms and apartments were fantastic. We had like a buffet, and it was absolutely delicious. It was very attractive. There was plenty of selection, and the portions were adequate. They had activities like going shopping, water aerobics, and swimming. It was really nice.

June 30, 2014

Freedom Village at Brandywine is just off Route 30. It’s very easy for me to get to, but it's about a half hour away from where my kids live. It was a fairly new construction, well laid out, and had a lot of activities. I need to do things. I can go do aerobic exercises and swimming and things like that there. I try to stay active, so I was introduced to some of the instructors in those areas. We had lunch with the yoga instructor. Yoga is a big thing these days. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and very open. At that point, my mother was still alive, and I was thinking that if I moved there I would need a second bedroom for her. I wanted a two-bedroom. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that there were no free-standing cottages. I would like that, seeing as I have animals, and it’s a lot easier to kick a dog out the patio door than it is to run to the elevator. Freedom Village seemed to be pet friendly. They didn’t blink an eye when I said I had two cats and a medium-sized dog, and I know that I saw people walking dogs when I was there. I would be perfectly happy to voice my recommendation for people who are looking in that area. I was very impressed. I loved it. I was very pleased.

January 17, 2014

I only met one staff member at Freedom Village and I thought she was awful. I felt very uncomfortable because she sort of made me feel a little inferior just because we couldn't afford this place. They should be able to show their facility to anybody whether they can afford it or not. I didn't feel very welcome there at all. It was also under construction and they're redoing the whole main area. I didn't see any of the rooms. I went to the dementia unit very quickly because they just made me feel uncomfortable. It automatically made you feel like, if they're like this to me, then how is the rest of the staff to the patients that are in the dementia unit. I wasn't happy with that at all. I think they could have just been nicer to me. Whether or not they could help me, they should have been more cordial and helpful.

We are very sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable while visiting Freedom Village at Brandywine. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions for all the places those families want life to go. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to help you. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

November 28, 2013

By Linda68802050

I found Freedom Village to be really good. They had excellent service. Their rooms had good settings, clean and spacious. They had a community room and their activities were also really good. They had transportation that took them to stores or wherever the residents needed to go. However, my income didn't meet their standards.

October 03, 2013

By Mary71274650

Everybody at Freedom Village at Brandywine were nice and I was comfortable there. The rooms were spacious and there were activities like exercise classes. However, the buy-in was too big for me.

August 27, 2013

By Donald C.

We visited Freedom Village and we're considering this place. They are a lifetime care facility. They have a little different program though. We thought that they were very good. This community was built a long time ago and they were not as modern as the other we visited. It was also less expensive and I was impressed with the facility. The tour in general was very good.

April 09, 2013

By Eli 1

We're very impressed with Freedom Village. The residents there seem all very happy with the place. The staff is very helpful and very friendly. However, it's a little bit far out of town and far away from where we normally attend church.

June 23, 2011

By four

The living conditions all seemed very nice. and the facility was very clean all throughout with a nice lot of property. This facility had a nice sense of community throughout the building. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. However, the cafeteria seemed a little dated and could probably use a quick renovation. The building has a therapy dog, a small beagle, that is adorable and really adds to that sense of home these facilities attempt to achieve. The location isn't perfect, the area being less nice than surrounding cities, but they make up for it with their personal property.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Freedom Village at Brandywine

• Detached Homes

• Dining Extra: Room Service Available. All Independent Living Accomodations Have Full Kitchens. Flexible Meal Options In Independent Living.

• Coffee Shop
  • Golf
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Multiple Dining Venues, Wood Working Shop, Billiards Hall, Bocce Ball Court, Putting Green, Auditorium For Live Performances, Indoor Walking Track, Meditation Room, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Home Sale Program. Can Pay Higher Entrance Fee For Lower Monthly Fee.

• Licenses: Yes

About Freedom Village at Brandywine

Freedom Village at Brandywine provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Coatesville, PA community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Freedom Village at Brandywine can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimun Life&reg and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimun Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimun Life&reg, the mission of Freedom Village at Brandywine is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Coatesville, PA community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Five-star helath care (www.medicare.gov) - Diverse resident base - Flexible financial option

Map of Freedom Village at Brandywine