Freedom Village at Brandywine

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

15 Freedom Blvd., Coatesville, PA 19320
Freedom Village at Brandywine (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Freedom Village at Brandywine

Assisted Living Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

November 21, 2014

By Catherine3287

I looked at Freedom Village, but they rejected us because they felt we didn't have sufficient funds. Freedom Village was excellent. It was really excellent. The apartments were a nice size. I felt they're larger than the other facility. We really like it. The location is near a hospital, and it is not on a busy street. At that time of the visit, there were people in the woodshop and people doing crafts.

October 25, 2014

By Barbara100826250

I would love to live at Freedom Village, but it was too expensive. They had private rooms available. It’s within a restaurant, a library, and an atrium. They had a variety of activities. Everybody was very friendly. Everything was just beautiful.

April 30, 2013

By Barbara26

The place I've visited was wonderful. It was called Freedom Village at Brandywine. It was very nice and their customer service was very warm and caring. The rooms were very nice, very well-kept, and spacious. The lay-out was a very open floor plan and it was fabulous. They had an outdoor recreation area, an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, and a walking trail. I'm actually trying to get ideas for myself in the future and for my parents, just in case they are interested.

January 24, 2013

By privacy lover

Freedom Village is older but very well-maintained and well-staffed. The people are very nice and very efficient. They even have financial deals to help you sell your house. We've been through a whole talk on the tax incentives for going there, which we haven't run into anywhere else. It's not very far from major highway, so there was some highway noise. We did not know if they have outside recreation area. The pool was inside and everything seems to be inside. Every single unit had a patio or a sunroom, which I liked a lot. They said they have a garden, too. It seems extremely well-run. They have fitness room, recreation room to play puzzles and games, they have various committees and meetings, theater groups and choral groups would also come in. It's well-organized. They have woodworking shop, as well as gift shops where you can sell the stuff you make. There's no smell and no sign of neglect. The food was very good, too.

September 09, 2012

My mother didn't like the Freedom Village because it didn't have any place to walk. So I think they need to think about outdoor walking trails or at least sidewalks. They were all very nice when we visited, but my mother is not that quite ready to make that transition.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

From what I have seen, this is the best Assisted Living Facility I have ever been to. There was not one flaw with it. The workers were as nice as can be, the care was high quality, and the people were happy. The environment was especially appealing as it was clean and bright. I remember being instantly greeted and brought to where I wanted to go without any waiting. My mother lives there now and she loves it. She was hesitant about going at first, but now she wouldn't want to leave the place. So overall, this is the best Assisted Living Facility I have ever been to and I highly recommend it.

Independent Living Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

Nursing Home Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

September 29, 2015

By Linda111912050

I have been at Freedom Village at Brandywine quite a few times. It is a very nice place. It is a huge facility. They probably need more help. It is very expensive, but it is very good.

August 07, 2015

We are going to a continuing care retirement community called Freedom Village. It is very comfortable. The people are very friendly. It has a lot of amenities. The apartment is very nice. We have a two-bedroom, two-bath with a living, a dining room area and a full kitchen. It has a washer and a laundry room. We have cleaning services once a week. It has independent, assisted living, skilled care and memory. The activities depend upon what section you are in. They have an olympic size pool, a whirl pool, and a large exercise room with lots of equipment like treadmills, bikes, and weights. They also have tai-chi, yoga, stretching exercise, and physical therapy. They have excellent staff. They have five restaurants and underground parking. They have a large outside gazebo, and they have smaller gazebos throughout the outside area. They have a knitting group, bridge groups, pinochle group, and checkers group. They have plays from the high school and college that come in, and they have a large auditorium.

June 22, 2015

The staff was very warm at Freedom Village. The rooms and apartments were fantastic. We had like a buffet, and it was absolutely delicious. It was very attractive. There was plenty of selection, and the portions were adequate. They had activities like going shopping, water aerobics, and swimming. It was really nice.

June 30, 2014

Freedom Village at Brandywine is just off Route 30. It’s very easy for me to get to, but it's about a half hour away from where my kids live. It was a fairly new construction, well laid out, and had a lot of activities. I need to do things. I can go do aerobic exercises and swimming and things like that there. I try to stay active, so I was introduced to some of the instructors in those areas. We had lunch with the yoga instructor. Yoga is a big thing these days. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and very open. At that point, my mother was still alive, and I was thinking that if I moved there I would need a second bedroom for her. I wanted a two-bedroom. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that there were no free-standing cottages. I would like that, seeing as I have animals, and it’s a lot easier to kick a dog out the patio door than it is to run to the elevator. Freedom Village seemed to be pet friendly. They didn’t blink an eye when I said I had two cats and a medium-sized dog, and I know that I saw people walking dogs when I was there. I would be perfectly happy to voice my recommendation for people who are looking in that area. I was very impressed. I loved it. I was very pleased.

January 17, 2014

I only met one staff member at Freedom Village and I thought she was awful. I felt very uncomfortable because she sort of made me feel a little inferior just because we couldn't afford this place. They should be able to show their facility to anybody whether they can afford it or not. I didn't feel very welcome there at all. It was also under construction and they're redoing the whole main area. I didn't see any of the rooms. I went to the dementia unit very quickly because they just made me feel uncomfortable. It automatically made you feel like, if they're like this to me, then how is the rest of the staff to the patients that are in the dementia unit. I wasn't happy with that at all. I think they could have just been nicer to me. Whether or not they could help me, they should have been more cordial and helpful.

We are very sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable while visiting Freedom Village at Brandywine. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions for all the places those families want life to go. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to help you. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

November 28, 2013

By Linda68802050

I found Freedom Village to be really good. They had excellent service. Their rooms had good settings, clean and spacious. They had a community room and their activities were also really good. They had transportation that took them to stores or wherever the residents needed to go. However, my income didn't meet their standards.

October 03, 2013

By Mary71274650

Everybody at Freedom Village at Brandywine were nice and I was comfortable there. The rooms were spacious and there were activities like exercise classes. However, the buy-in was too big for me.

August 27, 2013

By Donald C.

We visited Freedom Village and we're considering this place. They are a lifetime care facility. They have a little different program though. We thought that they were very good. This community was built a long time ago and they were not as modern as the other we visited. It was also less expensive and I was impressed with the facility. The tour in general was very good.

April 09, 2013

By Eli 1

We're very impressed with Freedom Village. The residents there seem all very happy with the place. The staff is very helpful and very friendly. However, it's a little bit far out of town and far away from where we normally attend church.

June 23, 2011

By four

The living conditions all seemed very nice. and the facility was very clean all throughout with a nice lot of property. This facility had a nice sense of community throughout the building. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. However, the cafeteria seemed a little dated and could probably use a quick renovation. The building has a therapy dog, a small beagle, that is adorable and really adds to that sense of home these facilities attempt to achieve. The location isn't perfect, the area being less nice than surrounding cities, but they make up for it with their personal property.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Memory Care Reviews for Freedom Village at Brandywine

Questions about Freedom Village at Brandywine

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Freedom Village at Brandywine. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Entry Fee Continuing Care Life Care community located on 30.5 acres in scenic Chester County, PA. 56 Personal Care Senior Living apartments these apartments range from studios, 1 bedroom apartments and 2 bedroom apartments

What transportation services does Freedom Village at Brandywine offer to assisted living residents?

Free daily transportation 10 mile radius to and from anything above the initial mileage would have a mileage fee of .90 per mile

What safety features or security measures does Freedom Village at Brandywine offer to assisted living residents?

we have 24/7 security on campus as well as cameras at all entrances

If Freedom Village at Brandywine accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

56 Personal Care Senior Living apartments- In personal care you may have cats

What transportation services does Freedom Village at Brandywine offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Freedom Village at Brandywine exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We feature a fresh approach dining experience which means everything here is made fresh to order. We feature an in house baker that makes all of our breads and desserts fresh daily. Every day you will have an average of 10 options in our restaurant style dining rooms that change daily, 2 featured soups and 2 featured salads daily as well as fresh full salad bar. We have 5 formal dining rooms, 1 casual pub style dining room, outdoor dining and 2 private dining rooms. A meal per day is included in the monthly service fee.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Heated swimming pool, Fitness center, billiards room, Two Bocce Courts , state of the art auditorium where we have movies in the evening, live weekly music, fitness classes and so much more! library, card room, beauty salon, creative arts room, atrium, business development center, green house , 6 dining rooms and so much more!

What safety features or security measures does Freedom Village at Brandywine offer to independent living residents?

We have 24/7 security on campus as well as cameras at all entrances

Yes, we are pet friendly. Dogs must live on the 1st floor so they have direct access to there private patio and outdoors.

What safety features or security measures does Freedom Village at Brandywine provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a secure memory care that features 14 apartments both private and semi-private

Describe the neighborhood around Freedom Village at Brandywine. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Is Freedom Village at Brandywine affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital but are less than 1 mile away from Brandywine hospital which is apart of Tower Health!

Costs for Freedom Village at Brandywine

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: Yes

About Freedom Village at Brandywine

At Freedom Village at Brandywine, we are all about people serving people. We work each day to inspire our associates to deliver exceptional service and care for the seniors we serve every day.

With high-quality accommodations, superior dining experiences, and exceptional programs, care, and services, Freedom Village Brandywine provides a great value while striving to exceed the expectations of our residents and their families. Our objective remains: the constant innovation of new methods for delivering better services and healthy, fulfilling lifestyles to those who call Freedom Village Brandywine their home.

Freedom Village Brandywine provides a full range of living and service options, including Independent Living; Personal Care; Skilled Nursing, including a specialty orthopedic rehabilitation wing, and Alzheimer’s/Memory Care. Those who choose Freedom Village Brandywine understand that they are selecting much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. They have made a lifestyle decision that will enhance their opportunity to pursue health and life fulfillment.

We want our residents to feel perfectly at home. That is why the entire community is an extension of your own living space for relaxing, socializing or pursuing your hobbies. All the amenities of our community are yours to enjoy as you entertain family and friends.

Freedom Village Brandywine is a Life Plan residential continuing care retirement community situated on 30.5 acres of land in the West Brandywine Township, Chester County. The Community contains two hundred and eighty-nine (289) residential condominiums in a five-story structure (“The Village”) and an additional twenty-eight (28) residential condominiums in two, three-story buildings (“Terrace Homes”) for a total of three hundred and seventeen (317) condominiums. All are constructed of poured-in-place concrete and completely sprinkled for fire protection.

Freedom Village Brandywine also provides three additional levels of living should the health of a resident require additional care.

The Inn at Freedom Village is a 60 bed Medicare licensed skilled nursing center currently utilizing 50 licensed beds. The Inn provides Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitative Services.

The Gardens is our Care Home licensed for 60 apartments, and currently with a capacity of 56. The Clare Bridge Place is our secure Memory Care Home, licensed for 24 beds, and currently utilizing 22 beds.

Private and semi-private accommodations are available in all levels of care.

Map of Freedom Village at Brandywine