Brookdale Hockessin

6677 Lancaster Pike, Hockessin, DE 19707
Brookdale Hockessin (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Private Studio Rate reduced to $3,995. This is a permanent discount of $1,300 off Basic Service Rate.

Reviews of Brookdale Hockessin

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hockessin

June 20, 2015

By JennyO

My Sister and I visited this community this week. It has a very open space, front lobby area and the patients where in the middle of watching a live musical performance. The apartments when nice, roomy. The sales person Renee was really pushing the shared apartment, even though she said she a couple of apartments available. The apartment style that my sister and really wanted see, we where NEVER shown. Plus, Renee never introduced us to the varies employees that we saw in our tour. She would say "Hi" to them, but not acknowledge us during the tour. We felt that we where talked down at and we where wasting or taken up her time. Nice senior community, but attitude from management, not place for Mom.

May 22, 2015

By Mary106776150

Brookdale Hockessin is a very nice facility. The staff was very nice, and they gave us a complete tour. They were very helpful. Their rooms are just the right size. The whole place was very clean and very welcoming. They do have activities, and during our visit, they were having music.

November 21, 2014

By John88972650

I visited Windsor Place (Brookdale Hockessin). It wasn't really large; it was a small community. Because it was small, the breadth of service wasn't as great because there weren't as many residents there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

June 27, 2014

If you're looking for independent, assisted, and skilled, Windsor Place does not have all three levels. They were smaller than I was looking for for my dad. The staff was informative.

January 30, 2014

By Margaret32

My friend has been in Windsor Place since September. She's very happy there. I don't live close, I'm a hour and a half away from there. I've been there several times and the people seemed very caring about each of their resident and Mary, in particular, is not as disabled as most of them but she's enjoying herself. It's one large room with a separate bathroom and she's quite comfortable and happy there. I haven't tried the food but she's not terribly happy with that but Mary is a very picky eater as long as I've known her so I really wouldn't judge the food by her. I know they do have activities every time I've been there. They've been either playing bingo or doing something with the residents. From what I've seen, it's clean and they clean her place. They do all the cleaning, they do all the laundry, they take care of pretty much everything. The price is a little bit higher than I had anticipated with what Mary's finances will be able to handle for a certain length of time. I still would recommend it to people, otherwise, I would be taking her out.

July 23, 2012

By Kawasae

The facility on the outside seemed beautiful, but once on the inside it was a little directionless. Basically, it was hard to find your way around and no one seemed to be really interested in helping. It was as though they just assumed you knew where you were going, and that you'd find your way eventually. The food was alright, although the rooms were very dark inside.

July 10, 2012

By stevejr

The facility is a beautiful converted mansion on a gorgeous wooded lot in the heart of the Wilmington suburbs. The place has an old south feel and is very clean and well kept. There is adequate security at the main entrance to keep out any unwanted visitors and prevent any frisky residents from making a break for the road. The foyer is adorned with a large chandelier and old world staircase leading to the second floor. The staff however is not very approachable and there is no way of telling who is in charge. Throughout the tour there was an absence of any management presence which is very concerning considering this is supposed to be a top notch facility. The dining area is very nice and the food was really good, not normal institutional fare. The residents seemed well taken care of and in good spirits. The facility also had several sitting areas with flat screen televisions and numerous board games. There is also a quaint outside garden area which would be ideal for spring and summer visits with the family. Even though the residents are in need of regular care the place did not feel like a hospital or typical nursing home.

September 29, 2011

By Evania

My grandfather resides at this residence currently, he has been there for a year and a half now. My grandfather as well as myself are very pleased with the accommodations that are available everyday. The food was much better than expected and the staff was amazingly friendly. If there are any questions that we need to have answered the staff will go out of their way to figure out the problem and come back in a timely manner with a response. Moreover, if you have a request ranging from food to extra pillows the staff will never be turned down of forgotten about. The furniture around the facility is as comfortable as in your own home, not to mention the cleanliness of the community areas as well as the individual rooms are well kept. I would highly recommend this as an option if you are looking for an assisted living facility.

July 30, 2011

By Nick Rivello

I had quite an experience at Windsor Place retirement home. Everything there was past my expectations from the food I ate to the staff that cared for the elderly Possibly my favorite thing about Windsor Place was the delicious food prepared by the chefs who really really seemed to care a lot. I caught a word with one who said bringing food to the elderly actually brought her overwhelming joy. The staff was no different. Everything seems to be great and Windsor place. Everyone seems in their right place. Another thing i loved about the place was the cleanliness of it all. I was taken off guard when this more public place was easily twice as clean as my own home! The bathroom i used was magnificent as where the other rooms. The bedrooms were VERY nice. Everything in the joint was tastefully decorated to my pleasure.

June 23, 2011

By four

This complex is very nice, even from the outside one can see that this is true. The building has an exceptionally grand entrance that leads one to believe that the inside is just as grand. However, this is not exactly the case. That is not to say that the facility is poorly constructed or managed, but it seems Windsor Place has a reputation it cannot live up to. Everything was basically just average throughout the facility. The cafeteria was nothing special, nor were rooms in which residents reside. All that said, the staff were all very helpful and nice. They certainly made up for some of the unexpected shortcomings of the complex.

Questions about Brookdale Hockessin

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Hockessin. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 84. Majority of residents are female. Like to participate in activities and use the patio

What programs or activities does Brookdale Hockessin offer to enrich residents' well-being?

B Fit, flex your Brain and music programs

What places are near Brookdale Hockessin or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Hockessin DE is nearby but not within walking distance.

What transportation services does Brookdale Hockessin offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation for medical appointments on Tuesdays and weekly Out and About

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Hockessin exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining experience is restaurant style with multiple options. Our head chef has over 40 years experience. Excellent quality made from scratch. Brookdale's Signature Spices add favor to your meal without the extra sodium.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Hockessin offer to assisted living residents?

Pull cords and pendants, sprinklers, smoke detectors. Front door locked after normal business hours.

How does Brookdale Hockessin keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Semi annual care conferences. Change of condition updates. Weekly communication from our Executive Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Hockessin during daytime and nighttime hours?

7-3 Nurse on duty and caregivers scheduled based on census and needs of residents. 3-11 Same as above 11-7 nurse on duty and 2-3 caregivers

If Brookdale Hockessin accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Accepts small dog and cats and residents must be able to care for their pet. There are walking paths available.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff participate in monthly in-service training offered by Brookdale.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Hockessin provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not have a wander guard system.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Hockessin

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Spanish

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Hockessin

Brookdale Hockessin provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Hockessin