11 Assisted Living Facilities near Elkton, MD
Also serving communities of North East.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Elkton area, with 5 in Elkton and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Elkton is $4,192 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,480.
To help you with your search, browse the 67 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Elkton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Elkton 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kennett Square with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Elkton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Elkton, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Elkton
Elkton, Maryland, lies to the west of the Delaware border at the tip of Elk River and the Elk Neck State Forest so there are plenty of activities for nature-loving seniors. Seniors make up about 10 percent of Elkton's residents and can choose from five assisted living facilities in town and another 15 close by.
Assisted Living Facilities are designed to offer seniors support and assistance with activities of daily living. Services like medication management, supervision and social activities may be offered. These facilities are regulated by the Maryland Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Elkton
- History buffs can take time exploring the Sheriff John F. Dewitt Museum that has military memorabilia covering all Armed Forces branches from the Revolutionary War up to Desert Storm. Outdoorsy seniors have access to lush landscape and over 80 miles of nature trails at the Fair Hill Natural Resource Management Area (NRMA).
- Elkton’s cost of living is only 11.80 percent higher than the national average, so seniors shouldn't have much difficulty affording daily necessities or running errands.
- With just 13 inches of snow and an average low of 24 degrees in January, the winters in Elkton are quite tolerable. If seniors can brave the chilly weather, they can enjoy warm summers with average highs of 88 degrees in July.
- Seniors with severe asthma or a respiratory illness should consider how living in Elkton could affect their health. Cecil County was given a poor quality ozone rating of F from the American Lung Association.
- The Elkton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Union Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Crime rates in Elton are some of the highest, compared to the national averages. Violent crime is a whopping 61 percent higher in Elton than the rest of the country, which may make seniors feel unsafe. Property crime is also very high, nearly double the national average, so seniors may be concerned about their possessions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Elkton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Elkton start around $4,192 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Elkton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Elkton
The state of Maryland has one Medicaid waiver, the Community Options Waiver, and one state-funded program, the Assisted Living Subsidy program, to help seniors find aid to help cover their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Elkton
Elkton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Elkton, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Elkton
Elkton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Elkton
Review of Caraway Manor II
My boyfriend is staying in Caraway Manor. The care is excellent. He gets physical therapy and his room is very comfortable. The food is very good. The staff members are very good, too. They come to... Read more
Review of Well Homed
We chose Well Homed for my dad and we're very well pleased. They're very good to him, and we're really happy with it so far. They're very attentive to Dad. He is not able to partake in all of the a... Read more
Review of Abbey Manor Assisted Living
We had a very nice experience at Abbey Manor. It's a small facility, and they had housing complexes that were very neat and clean. It's like a family type setting. The room we saw was small, clean,... Read more