Paramount Senior Living at Newark

Paramount Senior Living at Newark (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Paramount Senior Living at Newark

Assisted Living Reviews for Paramount Senior Living at Newark

January 02, 2017

My mom has been in Brookdale White Chapel for almost two years. There are good and bad people on the staff. Some won’t come on time to put her to bed so she is always looking for somebody to put her to bed at night and that is a problem. Basically, it is a really nice place, but every time I go there, she just complains. The care is good. They have a nice dining facility, and their nurses are nice. I think they are understaffed and have 100 people there. It is just hard for these people to get around and take care of everybody if there is a need.

We appreciate you taking the time to share you feedback with us. We have passed your comments along to our local and regional management teams for further review.

November 29, 2016

By Angie352365

We saw Brookdale White Chapel. My parents thought that it would be a bit small. It is in the area that they would like, the pricing is OK, and they help with the Veterans Association, so we like that. This place would be third on our list.

November 30, 2015

By Rosemary26

My husband and I lived at Brookdale White Chapel for six weeks. We found it to be too expensive. It was very nice, and I enjoyed it, though. The people were very nice. I loved the room. It was very comfortable and spacious. The food was delicious, and they had an assortment of activities, lik Bible study and exercise. There were weekly shopping trips, and we went out to different places for sightseeing. It was a very nice place.

July 14, 2015

In the beginning, it was excellent. When they were taken over by Brookdale, there were significant differences in the quality of care as well as activities, et cetera. My mother had a studio apartment, and the rooms were beautiful. The dining room was beautiful, it had tablecloths, and the food was good. However, when she was having issues with eating, they weren't helping by helping cut up her food a little bit, and when I qualified her for Medicaid, all of a sudden, she dropped to the bottom of the list after I had, for three years, been paying close to $6,000. All of a sudden they were like, "Oh, we can't help her with that." My mother ended up in the hospital twice with urinary tract infections. And then they had the flu in the building, so they made everybody stay in their rooms at Christmas, and my mother did not eat or drink for a week and a half and was hospitalized because they weren't helping her -- "Well, we put the food in her room." "Yeah, but she didn't eat it. Don't you think you should have called me? Don't you think something should have happened?" They are leniently staffed now. They just don't have the quality and the care that they used to. It is just so bad because they do have some good people, but a lot of their good people are leaving, and it is really sad because Emeritus had a wonderful opportunity then. They used to have a poetry club, and they had church, Bible study, and arts and crafts. Then towards the end when Brookdale took over, they had exercises and music, but you could see there was a significant difference. All my mother was doing was sitting in the living room, sleeping, or eating, and you could just see things cutting back, which was really sad.

June 29, 2015

By Caring109019250

We visited Brookdale White Chapel (Formerly Emeritus at White Chapel), and it was very nice. There was a shared apartment, and we didn't care for that. The dining room was very nice also. There's security at the gate, and we sign in as guests.

June 29, 2015

By David109702650

Brookdale White Chapel was nice. The staff was very pleasant and observant to all the residents, which was very nice to see. It was kind of pricey for our budget.

May 13, 2015

Brookdale White Chapel is a beautiful place, and our tour went well there. I like the fact that it is right on the grounds of Newark Senior Center where she goes four days a week. Overall, this is a really great facility.

February 16, 2015

I went to the one in Newark in the senior center area. The name is Brookdale White Chapel. I like the size of the room. I also like that the bedroom was off from the living room area. They have a nice looking dining facility, and they have a little exercise room. It is right next to the senior center so you can always walk over to it. They have a pool over there and a larger exercise room. This is the facility that I really liked.

January 25, 2015

By Ken38

I visited Brookdale White Chapel. It was a nice place. The room was fine. It was surprisingly large and comfortable. They have the standard bingo and arts and crafts activities. They also have a shuttle service. The main thing I remembered about this place is that they have on-site physical therapy. Aside from that, in addition to physical therapy prescribed by a doctor, you can go to a Zumba class or whatever for those folks. I was expecting a nursing type of atmosphere, and Brookdale didn't have that. It looked like an active apartment building.

January 18, 2015

We chose Brookdale at White Chapel for my parents-in-law because it's close to home. They have only been there a couple of weeks, and we haven't had any problems. The staff seems to be very helpful. Their room is nice sized, spacious, comfortable, and clean. The food has been good.

December 11, 2014

By Lorraine29

Mom is at Brookdale White Chapel. So far they are very caring, sweet, and kind. I can go there any time of the day. I feel comfortable that mom is there as it feels like they are family, and I don’t think I would let her go anywhere else now. The grounds are very nice and well kept. The meals are excellent. They don’t offer too much commercial food, and that is very nice. There is always a holiday going on, and they invite families to come and join them. They have activities listed for them; if they chose to do them it's OK, and if they don’t then it's OK.

November 21, 2014

By John88972650

My mother-in-law is at Brookdale White Chapel. I found that this one met the needs that we were looking for. The staff was very supportive. My father-in-law is a World War II Veteran, so at some point in the future, my mother-in-law may be eligible for some Veteran's benefit. When the resources get pretty well completed, we had the opportunity to get some Veterans benefit, and I wouldn't have known that without the staff at Brookdale telling me about it. My mother-in-law is in a single room, and it is very clean. Inside the room is the living area, and she has her own bathroom and her own kitchen. It is not very big, but her needs are small. She has some furniture, TV, and a sewing machine, so she is very comfortable. I went over for lunch two or three times to get a feel for the quality of the food, and it was excellent. I hope I get to live in a place like this someday. They have a lot of social activities. You can do as little or as much as you want to get involved. They do a lot of things that require social involvement. They do bingo, scrabble, and ice cream socials. They take them to the grocery store. My mother-in-law really got more independent now than she was living alone. They have an in-house physician who comes once a week. They also have an in-house podiatrist who comes every couple of weeks. The need to leave there for medical services is really quite minimal. Security is perfect at Brookdale. My mother-in-law wears a wrist band that shows where she is. The only suggestion that I have for them is to remind the residents specifically of when social activities are taking place by knocking on their door, because my mother-in-law has dementia, and she doesn't remember anything.

March 28, 2014

By KJ2

Emeritus was very beautiful and has nice grounds. The people were friendly. It was one of the most beautiful places. The actual apartments were very small. I thought they were very tiny. But the rest of it was beautiful and updated. It seemed like there was a lot to do. The dining room was beautiful and very inviting. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It would be a very pleasant and beautiful place to live. The restaurant looked like you were in a beautiful fine dining place. It was an inviting and lovely place. The actual apartments to live in were very small.

March 27, 2014

I liked Emeritus very much, but my mother thought it was a little overwhelming. The dining facility was quite large and she didn't feel as comfortable. She kept saying she felt like it was bigger than what she expected and had more people. I think the problem was we went close to Christmas time, and there were a lot of people in and out. I think it just seemed like there was too much activity. It made her uncomfortable. We were treated very well during the visit. The man who showed me around was the head of the dining facility and he was very nice. They even knew from information we've given them that she liked to do bead work for necklaces. They gave us a little bead kit to give her just like a little gift. They went the extra mile to impress and make you feel comfortable. They sent a van down, picked us up, took us up for the visit and returned us home. I thought that was fabulous because I said to them that she was in a wheelchair and was not walking a lot. I was really shocked at that. They were so nice and so accommodating. If I was choosing a facility for myself, I would have chosen that one because it was just kept up beautifully. The rooms were very nice, but my mother liked something that didn't feel like she was in such a big facility. The residents seemed to be pretty active. They were doing a bingo game when we were there.

March 26, 2014

I absolutely liked White Chapel. They were absolutely wonderful and I would have chosen them first, had they had a room. I didn’t see a lot of activities, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have them. They had dining where they could order off a menu. They encouraged them to come down for a fine dining experience. The tables were always set, and they come around and waited on you.

November 20, 2013

Emeritus had an active and very nice living environment. They had a couple that was Ukrainian so their people were staying ahead of the game and always keeping me engaged in trying to find somebody that could communicate with my mom. There was a lot of action. People were always in motion and that was a good thing. The marketing person was great. The nurses came by and were very nice. The place was wonderful.

July 11, 2012

By kaykar

This facility was very warm and welcoming. The staff was cheerful and the people living there were also very pleasant. Decor in the building was very classy and bright. The facility is also very clean and organized. I was there around dinner time and I felt that the residents were treated with respect by the staff, they were not treated as children, they were aloud to eat dinner if they chose and they also we able to pick what they wanted. Overall I think this was a great place the staff and residents as well as visitors all seemed to be pleased with the place. One of the residents had a cat that ran around the building and was very friendly. I think having an animal in that atmosphere is a great idea to lift spirits.

April 13, 2012

By delaware

This place is amazing they are always clean and the seniors are always happy. I have never gone in there and seen any one including staff unhappy. Since my grandfather did some of the recreational activities I would come and participate and it was a blast some seniors kicked my butt. They have tons of things for the seniors to do there besides sports they have bingo, card games, and they even go on trips. It makes me excited to be a senior if this is what I get to enjoy. They are right next to the senior center so all seniors in Delaware can go there and they have some of the sports in that center. Both centers are amazing and the seniors who want to that live in the assisted facility can just walk over to the senior center its really nice that way. They are very helpful my wifes grandparents lived there and loved it. When you drive threw newark it seems like it is in a bad area, but its nestled right in there and I haven't heard of any complaints. The landscaping is impeccable you have to see it the flowers are gorgeous. Lets see what else well if you go there to visit your family members get three meals a day and you can even bring food and they have a nice area to eat which actually reminds me of a restaurant. Anything else just ask.

Independent Living Reviews for Paramount Senior Living at Newark

Costs for Paramount Senior Living at Newark

Photos of Paramount Senior Living at Newark

Services and Amenities of Paramount Senior Living at Newark

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Paramount Senior Living at Newark

Paramount Senior Living at Newark promises to maintain its position as the premier senior living facility in the Newark Delaware area. We are built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe that no two residents are alike, so the services and attention we provide will never be exactly the same. From our state-of-the-art facility to the staff that treats each resident like family, Paramount is the most comprehensive senior living campus for every level of care. We offer a variety of lifestyle services and care options for all residents.

Services provided at Paramount Senior Living include:

• Independent Living
  • Personal Care/Assisted Living
  • Dementia Care
  • Home Health Care

By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing there are options for tomorrow.

We are a very family oriented community, most of our staff has been here at least 5 if not 20 years, and it is very important to us that our residents, and their own extended family, feel like our community is their home. We have an excellent location—we are located next to the Newark senior center, about 4 miles from Christiana hospital and about a mile from the University of Delaware campus.

Map of Paramount Senior Living at Newark