45 Assisted Living Facilities near Glen Mills, PA
Also serving communities of Grove City.
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Glen Mills area, with 5 in Glen Mills and 40 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Glen Mills is $4,435 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 340 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glen Mills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Glen Mills 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kittanning with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glen Mills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Glen Mills, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glen Mills
Glen Mills is home to the historic working Newlin Grist Mill and the surrounding 160-acre park, where visitors can explore and learn more about the region's history. The community has about 18,000 residents, and nearly a quarter of those people are aged 65 and over. Glen Mills has two assisted living facilities to provide support for this senior population, and there are over three dozen more in nearby communities, including Wilmington, West Chester and Malvern.
In Glen Mills, as in the rest of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities may be categorized as assisted living residences or personal care homes. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department of Aging, and personal care homes are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glen Mills
- The Glen Mills region has high ozone pollution levels, but relatively low short-term particle pollution levels. The American Lung Association gives Delaware County, where Glen Mills is located, an F for ozone pollution and a B for 24-hour particle pollution. This may be a consideration for seniors with certain medical conditions.
- Retirees in Glen Mills do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits or income drawn from retirement accounts. Taxpayers aged 60 and over do not pay state income tax on government or private pension income.
- The Glen Mills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Crozer Medical Plaza, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Glen Mills has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Community Services, an organization that offers an array of educational classes to seniors, as well as one senior center.
- Glen Mills is a relatively safe community, which may appeal to seniors who are looking for a low-crime area to spend their retirement. The violent crime rate in this community is 13.7 on a 100-point scale, which is considerably below the national median of 22.7. The property crime rate is 20, compared to the national average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glen Mills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Glen Mills start around $4,435 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glen Mills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glen Mills
Glen Mills seniors cannot use either the state's Medicaid program or any of its waiver programs to cover their assisted living services, but those who receive Supplemental Security Income can use this cash benefit toward assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glen Mills
Glen Mills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glen Mills, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glen Mills
Glen Mills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Glen Mills, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Glen Mills
Review of Maris Grove
I brought my father here while looking for possible assisted living options in the future. While not impressed, we succumbed to the pressure of writing a check on the spot to secure a spot on the '... Read more
Review of Glen Mills Senior Living
My father’s care at Glen Mills Senior Living was terrible! The staff did not assist him or even check on him regularly. My father needed medications and care that was “MISSED” as the executive dire... Read more
Review of Glen Mills Senior Living
Glen Mills Senior Living is OK. The staff is friendly and cooperative. My mother has a studio apartment, and it's clean. I've eaten there one time, and it was good. They have entertainment, group a... Read more