Maris Grove

Reviews of Maris Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for Maris Grove

July 31, 2014

By Joanne29

We are in the process of moving my mom in Maris Grove. It is a pretty big and gated community. I am very impressed because when we arrived there, they already knew who we were and gave us directions on how to come in there. We only waited a few minutes before somebody came to show us around. My mom chooses it because it has a washer and drier right in the apartment. It is a one-bedroom apartment, but it is very updated. Everything is nice and new with granite countertops and she loves that. The place is very clean and nice. Everybody is very friendly and the people love the place. The sales people are extremely nice. and they have a lot of activities. Actually, she never has to leave there. They have everything in there like the post office, the banks, the doctors, the pharmacy, there is a movie theater and exercise room. All the meals are in there. From what I understand, each complex have its own dining room. The one we see is very nice, it is like walking into a restaurant. They offer us everything and they think of everything. They have it all.

April 21, 2014

I liked Maris Grove very much. The accommodations were spacious and terrific. What I liked the best was the largest one, which was the most expensive one that I couldn't afford. It had two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining room, and a family room. I was not sure, but I thought it had two full baths. The people were very nice. I was treated very well by the staff. The food was very good, and the dining room was well appointed. I think they had woodshop, aerobics class, and so many other activities.

February 27, 2014

The tour we had at Maris Grove was nice but be found that it was not really the right place for my mom. It was a very beautiful place. It was an assisted living and they had all level of cares, which could go up to skilled nursing if needed. I loved it and my mom loved it too. However, it was geared for somebody much more able to handle such a large complex and still be very independent. My mother is pretty independent still, but a smaller place was definitely better for her When we were invited there, we were invited for a lunch and a tour. Maris Grove was very nice and the apartments were beautiful. The staff was very nice. The food was very delicious and they had several restaurants. They had more activities than in the one my mom's in right now. They had huge complex, they had different clubs that people could belong to and the residents themselves run like gardening. They go on trips to various places. My mother had a deposit there for a couple of years. However, when the time came for her to actually move in, we just had to evaluate if it was still the right place for her and my mother wasn't able to handle such a large complex. So, for her simpler is better that's why we choose the place she's now.

October 09, 2013

Maris Grove is a very nice facility. I really like it, but I'm just not ready to make that commitment yet. The place is very clean. The people there are very friendly. I was able to eat there and the food was excellent. The apartments are also beautiful.

June 21, 2013

By Robert31

Maris Grove was very nice but it was a purchase program where you had to buy the apartment. It was not on lease and you had to put a lot of money on it. The environment was great and it was clean. I would have no problem if the payment was reasonable like a monthly fee. We were well-informed during our visit.

September 13, 2012

By Gambino34

My grandfather always had nice things to say about this place. I know some places are all show and might not follow through on their ads, but this one seemed pretty clean and had a friendly staff. My grandfather used to borrow books from the "library" all the time and would make playful fun of the other "old people" in the room trying to read. I know he enjoyed the events that they had as well, although he thought the food could have been better. His room was spacious and comfortable. He had a large shower with a handle that was also wheelchair accessible, so he didn't have to wait for help unless he wanted it. I was afraid he'd feel stifled in a place like this, but he flourished with the ability to talk and socialize with other people his age. They took good care of him and I know he was happy there.

May 29, 2012

By Liv1

There are may positives to the experience. I think the residents, including my parents, seem very happy with the abundance of services there--hobby clubs including a model train club, exercise groups and exercise facilities, art studios, etc. Also, my dad had a heart attack and was able to pull the cord in his bathroom and get help that probably saved his life. They have other safety devices in place for the residents as well which I think are really important. The facilities seem very clean and the grounds are well kept. But there are some negatives. The waitstaff in the dining area are all teenagers and they often don't know what they're doing. The dining halls can become ridiculously crowded and I think the food served there is not always the healthiest, but they might try to mimic the choices older generations are comfortable and familiar with. But on the plus side again, the amenities probably make up for it. There are also doctors on staff and a hair salon, and the residents can walk from building to building in above ground tunnels which is very convenient in bad weather. The apartments are spacious and nice and you can request cleanings when needed.

Independent Living Reviews for Maris Grove

November 20, 2012

By joannjim

excellant run facility with truly caring management and staff

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Maris Grove

September 07, 2012

By anonymous35

It's a continuing care non-profit facility. It's close to where I live. The buy-end reverts to the state. The monthly fees are affordable, something they can afford with their pensions and social security, and you're not spending $6,000 for somewhere for them to live. It's something that they can manage right now. They're in their 80s, and it's something that they can afford to do. It also provides for all phases of their life. So if you go on right now, they're going into independent living, but they can get to an assisted living. There's nursing care, there's rehab facility, and there's an Alzheimer's care unit. My mother has Alzheimer's, so this is very important to me. The people that I met are very nice. I haven't met any of the nursing care people. I have yet to deal with them.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Maris Grove

About Maris Grove

Maris Grove is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 87 picturesque acres in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, Maris Grove is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Maris Grove offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our two spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a performing arts theater. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Maris Grove also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Maris Grove