48 Assisted Living Facilities near Kennett Square, PA
Also serving communities of West Grove.
There are 48 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kennett Square area, with 6 in Kennett Square and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kennett Square is $3,485 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Chester with an average starting cost of $3,090.
To help you with your search, browse the 353 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kennett Square. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kennett Square 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Quarryville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kennett Square, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kennett Square, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kennett Square
Kennett Square, a borough in the Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington Metro area of Chester County, Pennsylvania, is known as the mushroom capital of the world due to its mushroom farming industry. The community is also located just minutes from the famous Longwood Gardens, which features themed indoor and outdoor gardens. Seniors gain entrance to this popular point of interest for a reduced ticket price.
Over 11 percent of the borough's total population is over the age of 65. There are six assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from within the city proper and an additional 44 nearby. Assisted living facilities in Pennsylvania are officially called "Assisted Living Residences" or "Personal Care Homes," depending on the level of care they provide. Assisted living residences are licensed through the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing, and personal care homes are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare, Adult Residential Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kennett Square
- The cost of living in Kennett Square is about 10 percent higher than the state and national medians, which may affect how much money seniors can afford for their assisted living budget. Among the biggest factors impacting the overall cost of living in the area is healthcare, which is about 15 percent more expensive than elsewhere in the country.
- July highs in Kennett Square are around 85 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows are in the low-20s, making the region well-suited for seniors who enjoy seasonal weather.
- The American Lung Association gave Chester County an "F" for ozone pollution and an "A" for short-term particle pollution. Seniors should speak with their health practitioners to determine how the region's air quality will affect them, particularly if they have chronic respiratory conditions.
- Seniors in Kennett Square are not taxed on their Social Security benefits, their income from retirement accounts or income from pensions.
- Public bus service in Kennett Square is provided courtesy of the Transportation Management Association of Chester County, or TMACC. Seniors can use public transportation for free or a discounted fare when they show their state ID card.
- The Kennett Square area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in West Grove.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kennett Square
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Kennett Square start around $3,485 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kennett Square and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kennett Square
Currently, Pennsylvania does not cover assisted living services under Medicaid or any Medicaid waiver programs. However, the state does add money to the cash benefit provided to low-income seniors through the federal Supplemental Security Income program, which can be used toward assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kennett Square
Kennett Square and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kennett Square, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kennett Square
Kennett Square-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Kennett Square, PA
Other Options in Kennett Square, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kennett Square
Review of Kendal-Crosslands Communities
Kendal at Longwood is older, but it doesn't show. They've upgraded it and it looks suitable. What was appealing to us was the size of the cottages, which were 2-bedrooms with a den. They were a nic... Read more
Review of Kendal-Crosslands Communities
The rooms at Kendal Crosslands were nice enough. It's surrounded by lovely gardens. The staff was very pleasant, nice, and friendly. They have lovely grounds and they have a library. Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Longwood
When a family member needs to make the decision to move a loved one from their home, there is no tougher decision. But Brandywine Senior Living at Kennett Square helped this difficult decision. S... Read more