32 Assisted Living Facilities near Fleetwood, PA
Also serving communities of Blandon, Leesport.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fleetwood area, with 2 in Fleetwood and 30 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fleetwood is $1,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 128 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fleetwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fleetwood 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Reading with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fleetwood, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fleetwood, PA
30 Assisted Living Facilities near Fleetwood, PA
Promotion ends in 10 days!
Get 1/2 off your New Resident Fee when you lease by April 30!* See our Sales Director for details.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fleetwood
Review of Grand View Manor
My mother moved into Grand View Manor. It's a country setting, so she can sit out in front of her room and look outside and watch deer run around, and there's all kinds of games going on. It's also... Read more
Review of Evans Retirement Center
Evans' Retirement Center has been good. It's not great or really impressive, but it's been sufficient for the time that my mom's been there. People are nice. The staff is sufficient and okay. The e... Read more
Review of Evans Retirement Center
Evans Retirement Center was fine. It was easy access to move around. It was ranch style, so my mom doesn't have to use the stairs. She will have a private room. It was undergoing renovation, and it... Read more
Assisted Living near Berks County, PA
More Options Near Fleetwood, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fleetwood
Fleetwood, PA, is a city in the east-central portion of the state. The total estimated population is 4,087, which makes Fleetwood appealing for seniors seeking a small-town atmosphere. There are two assisted living facilities in the city limits, with 48 in nearby areas such as Blandon, Reading and Topton. Licensing for assisted living residences (ALRs) in Fleetwood and the rest of the state is handled by the Office of Long-Term Living, which is part of the Department of Aging. These facilities serve four or more residents and provide private living units; residents of assisted living communities must not be related to the operator.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fleetwood
- Seniors in Fleetwood may feel safer knowing that the violent crime rate is only 17.2, substantially lower than the national average rate of 31.1. Property crime is lower as well, with a rate of 25.8 compared to the U.S. average of 38.1.
- There’s no tax on Social Security or retirement income in Pennsylvania, making Fleetwood a tax-friendly city for seniors. Pension income for seniors age 60 and older also isn’t taxed.
- Seniors who wish to use public transportation in Fleetwood can ride for free through the BARTA transit system. Routes run all over the Reading region, which includes Fleetwood, so it’s convenient for seniors to get where they need to go.
- Fleetwood has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Reading.
- The cost of living in Fleetwood is rated at 105.7, which is higher than the national average of 100, so seniors may pay more for monthly assisted living costs, along with things like transportation, healthcare and groceries.
- Seniors who enjoy warm weather may not be fond of Fleetwood’s winter climate, with January lows at 20 degrees on average. Fleetwood also receives an average of 46 inches of rain yearly, which is higher than the U.S. average of 39 inches.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fleetwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Fleetwood start around $1,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fleetwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fleetwood
Medicaid doesn’t cover assisted living services in Fleetwood or any other part of Pennsylvania. For seniors with Supplemental Security Income (SSI), the cost of assisted living must not exceed the monthly benefit amount. The Personal Needs Allowance (PNA) that eligible seniors receive isn’t calculated as part of the benefit amount.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fleetwood
Fleetwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fleetwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fleetwood
Fleetwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.