CareOne at Moorestown

CareOne at Moorestown (800) 385-2527

Reviews of CareOne at Moorestown

Assisted Living Reviews for CareOne at Moorestown

September 10, 2013

I went to visit Care One at Moorestown because it was recommended to me. It was very sterile and a very nice facility. The rooms were more like hospital rooms and it tended to be more on therapy or skilled nursing side. The staff was more medically trained and they had nurses. I thought there were more residents who needed medical attention compared to the other places that I visited. They also had activities for those who could do it. I would recommend this if the situation of the person was appropriate for the facility.

February 28, 2013

By caring0227213

CareOne is clean and most of their services were fine. The staff treated my mother well. However, I think they didn't have enough staff. Mom had a little wristband for protection so that she couldn't get out of the facility. But she did get out and it could have been a disaster. And they did not tell me that happened. I found out through one of the aides. The guy who was in charge of the place, once he found out about it, he implemented different things, so it won't happen again. And I did appreciate that.

July 23, 2012

By tkdmdk

Walking into the facility, the lobby was clean and clearly kept well, the residents were sitting on comfortable looking couches and mingling in the lounge areas. Making my way down the hall way to the dining area, I noticed the many amenities the place offers, such as a movie theatre. I could not find the dining area at first, so I asked a nearby staff member for help locating it. The staff member I interacted with was very polite and helpful. After finding my way, I walked into the dining area which was very large and had plenty of seating. The dining area, just like every other part of the building I was in, was also very clean. After being seated, we were promply brought over garlic bread and water. The staff members serving the food were very thankful to us for having come out to the fundraiser. The food was all you can eat, which was a steal for the ten dollars that was charged. If I ever have to make a decision regarding having to place a loved one in a assisted living facility, this place would certainly be one first choice. The overall atmosphere of the facility is one where you can be confident that your family members are being taken care of properly.

July 05, 2012

By Bryce Langlotz

The food was amazing there and they served large portions. My grandmother gave me some of her fish and desert. The faculty there were pretty good to my grandmother and seemed nice when I was around but my grandmother said there was one nurse who wasn't particularly helpful and at one point they gave her the wrong medicine for her pain and she ended up having stomach issues. Other than that though she said the service was great and the facility looked extremely nice. Its location isn't ideal as its set on a busy street but with certain rooms facing trees its possible to get a room with a nice window out of the back with little noise pollution from the street. The biggest issue I found was that the surrounding people who lived there were rather disoriented so it made for a stressful living environment, while the faculty was nice, the other residents were often grumpy and over the top.

Questions about CareOne at Moorestown

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at CareOne at Moorestown. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our resident population is varied. We have many folks from this area, others from neighboring towns and cities, and a diverse mix of backgrounds, religions, and cultures. Our residents enjoy many different activities and events and our social calendar is always changing depending on what the residents want to do that month. The average age is 80, however we have many residents in their 60's and 70's, as well as residents in their late 90's!

What programs or activities does CareOne at Moorestown offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Each day we have many things to do to keep our residents engaged mentally and physically. These include but are not limited to: exercise, trivia, yoga, horticulture, live entertainment, games, happy hours, therapy, day trips, parties, holiday events, and much more!

What places are near CareOne at Moorestown or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are situated on a picturesque horse farm and our residents can enjoy the views of the horses and other animals as well as watching kids take riding lessons. We are located in the heart of Moorestown and very close to shopping, dining, lodging, and medical facilities.

What transportation services does CareOne at Moorestown offer to assisted living residents?

We offered transportation to our scheduled trips and activities. We can assist with arranging transportation for medical and other needs as well.

What makes the chef or dining program at CareOne at Moorestown exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

CareOne at Moorestown places a high importance on our dining program. We have an executive chef, a culinary director, and many other team members in our dining department. Our menu is varied and we strive to provide healthy, delicious meals to fit all tastes and dietary needs.

What safety features or security measures does CareOne at Moorestown offer to assisted living residents?

CareOne at Moorestown has 24-hour staffing, secured premises, and a wander guard system in place to keep our residents safe.

How does CareOne at Moorestown keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We can communicate with our families via phone, email, mailing, or any other way that is convenient for our residents and their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at CareOne at Moorestown during daytime and nighttime hours?

CareOne at Moorestown is an Advanced Standing community, which is a special distinction give by the state of New Jersey. As such, we staff at a higher rate than expected by the state thus giving our residents the highest level of care possible.

If CareOne at Moorestown accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets would be able to enjoy the walking path and courtyard areas.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff has monthly trainings, each month the topics are different. Some topics may include things such as dementia training, customer service training, proper safety procedures, and many other topics.

What safety features or security measures does CareOne at Moorestown provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a wander guard system and our doors are alarmed and secured with a code in order to leave or enter the building.

Costs for CareOne at Moorestown

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 10A100

About CareOne at Moorestown

CareOne at Moorestown offers a complete continuum of care for patients who need sub-acute rehabilitation (offered seven days a week), specialized clinical care, assisted living or enhanced assisted living. Located on a picturesque campus that includes horse pastures, manicured grounds, elegant decor, fine dining, home-like amenities, and diverse activities, CareOne at Moorestown makes patients feel welcome and cared for.

Assisted Living

With multiple levels of care and programs tailored to residents' interests and needs, CareOne's assisted living communities offer a complete spectrum of care options.

CareOne's assisted living communities combine the clinical support CareOne is known for with activities and services designed to promote our residents' health, well-being and quality of life. Residents enjoy remaining as independent as possible while receiving personalized attention and assistance with daily tasks.

CareOne assisted living communities offer a variety of apartment styles—from studios to one-bedroom and one-bedroom deluxe suites with patios. Apartments feature a private bathroom and shower (with assistive devices built-in), a kitchenette with a built-in refrigerator and microwave oven, and an emergency response system.

Assisted living amenities and features:

• 24-hour nursing and certified nursing assistant care
  • On-site health center
  • Restaurant-style dining three times a day in graciously appointed dining rooms
  • Daily outings
  • Activity and game rooms
  • A private dining room available to all residents
  • Resident health spa
  • Private laundry facilities
  • General community rooms for entertainment and events
  • Full-service beauty salon/barber shop
  • Activities and entertainment seven days a week
  • Private living rooms
  • Beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyards
  • Daily housekeeping services
  • Resident parking

Respite Care

CareOne's respite programs are designed with the needs of caregivers and their loved ones in mind. Our services allow caregivers the time to attend to personal needs while their loved ones receive high-quality, uninterrupted care in a warm and supportive environment. Respite care is also a good option for people who would like to explore our long-term care services. Respite care is available for as little as two weeks or as long as one month.

Sub-Acute Rehabilitation

When you're recovering from an illness or injury, the right care is essential to achieving a safe, speedy and complete recovery. CareOne's comprehensive medical and physical rehabilitation—offered seven days a week—enables patients to regain their highest level of functioning and health before returning home.

And because we know that recovery continues after patients leave our care, CareOne offers Next Step Home, our exclusive home preparation program. With assistance, education and support that

begins on day one of admission and continues well after discharge, patients and their families are well-equipped to handle their care and ongoing recovery.

Next Step home features include:

• Physical, occupational and speech therapy seven days a week
  • Home evaluations
  • Care planning meetings
  • Home simulation training
  • Therapeutic recreational activities
  • Patient and family education
  • Community resource education and directory

Unlike most providers, CareOne offers dedicated units for patients in need of sub-acute rehabilitation. Patients receive as much rehabilitation as they can tolerate to maximize their recovery potential. Our programs are backed by the highest clinical standards and operating procedures, so patients are assured of receiving the most progressive care.

Our medical and physical rehabilitation team includes:

• Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
  • Registered nurses
  • On-site internal medicine physicians
  • On-site rehabilitative medicine physicians
  • Licensed nutritionists
  • Therapeutic recreation staff

Our Assisted Living is a small intimate community able to offer individual attention to our residents. We offer elegant decor, beautiful grounds and ample activities to ensure a fulfilling experience for our residents and guest.

Map of CareOne at Moorestown