22 Assisted Living Facilities near Marlton, NJ
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marlton area, with 2 in Marlton and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marlton is $4,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Voorhees with an average starting cost of $3,969.
To help you with your search, browse the 229 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marlton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marlton 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Voorhees with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marlton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Marlton, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marlton
Marlton, New Jersey is a small town of 10,397 people and is named after the marl clay discovered in the area in the 17th century which led the Welsh and English settlers to a building boom. Seniors can experience early American history at the numerous nearby museums as well as choose from two Assisted Living Facilities within city limits and 37 in the surrounding area. In New Jersey, ALFs are defined as apartment-style living and dining spaces where licensed staff provide health and personal care services. These facilities are under the jurisdiction of the State of New Jersey Department of Health which is in charge of licensing and regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marlton
- Seniors on a budget may have difficulty building a savings in Marlton, as the cost of living is 12.5 percent higher than the national average.
- Marlton experiences a four season climate. With warm summers that average 87 degrees, seniors who like to get outdoors can explore the area with ease. Those with limited mobility may have a hard time getting around in the winter months, with an average low of 25 degrees and 11 inches of annual snowfall.
- The Marlton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Virtua Marlton Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors seeking transportation to doctors' appointments, shopping and dining have access to the New Jersey Transit (NJ Transit) bus and light rail service. Seniors receive reduced fares for both services.
- Seniors may feel safe and secure in this area due to its relatively low crime rates. Violent crime in Marlton is rated as 34 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is just a little higher than the national average at 31.1. Property crime is rated at 33.6 which is a little lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Marlton has many shopping and dining options which are easily accessible by light rail and bus. Seniors can also visit the exhibitions in the Center for the Arts in Southern New Jersey where they also host adult art classes. This museum offers discounted memberships to seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marlton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Marlton start around $4,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marlton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marlton
Low-income seniors seeking assisted living can take advantage of Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports which is a managed care system provided by the state’s Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marlton
Marlton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marlton, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marlton
Marlton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Marlton, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marlton
Review of CareOne at Evesham
I would not refer CareOne at Evesham. When my father got sick, the care was horrible. When I needed a transportation, they told me they didn't have it even though they told me they did. They told m... Read more
Review of Brightview Greentree
The reason that we chose Brightview Greentree is because the practice there is very evidence-based treatment for memory care. The staff is extremely well trained. Everything in the memory care unit... Read more
Review of CareOne at Evesham
CareOne at Evesham Assisted Living was very good and probably the one I liked the best. They pretty much covered everything. David sat down with me for a while, explained everything, asked me about... Read more