Moorestown is a township in Burlington County that’s approximately 25 minutes east of Philadelphia. Adults aged 65 and older make up around 16% of its 21,355 residents. They’re drawn by its low health care costs and crime rates, in addition to affordable transportation and a wide choice of medical facilities. The landscape is also an attraction, particularly the 34-acre Boundary Creek Natural Resource Area, which offers great opportunities to take in the region’s birds and wildlife while also enjoying picnics with loved ones and relaxing strolls on the boardwalks.

Moorestown’s assisted living facilities provide a solution to independent-minded seniors who find everyday tasks, such as housekeeping, more challenging now. The facilities offer pleasant accommodation with the opportunity to make friends with neighbors, in addition to staff who clean rooms, cook meals and provide basic medical support, such as medication management. A typical assisted living placement in Moorestown costs $5,550 per month, a monthly saving of $1,100 when compared to the state average.

The rest of this guide looks at senior living costs in the area, provides a short list of resources for Moorestown’s older residents and discusses the benefits and drawbacks of living in the area.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Moorestown, NJ

CareOne at Moorestown

895 Westfield Road, Moorestown, NJ, 08057

CareOne at Moorestown was extremely nice. We had a nice tour. I thought they had a lot of things going for it. I was seriously considering them, but my father passed away, so it wasn’t necessary to … (read more)

Brandywine Living at Moorestown Estates

1205 N. Church Street, Moorestown, NJ, 08057

I toured Brandywine Living at Moorestown Estates for my mom. It was very nice. The people were very informative. I thought the accommodations for the assisted living were very neat, clean, and spaciou … (read more)

Cambridge Rehabilitation and Healthcare

255 East Main Street, Moorestown, NJ, 08057

My dad was in rehab here for a couple of months and is now in assisted living. The place is very nice: clean, nice layout (library, sitting areas, small theater, TV lounge area, courtyard, deck area … (read more)

Brookdale Evesham

1 Brendenwood Drive, Voorhees, NJ, 08043

Brookdale Evesham seemed pretty nice. The people were nice. There’s gonna be a new room that they’re remodeling, new floors and paint and everything. They have bingo, music, different events, a little … (read more)

Spring Hills Cherry Hill

1450 Marlton Pike East, Cherry Hill, NJ, 08034

We were very impressed with the assisted living at Spring Hills Cherry Hill. The memory care was just very depressing and dark. My mom would need memory care and dad assisted living. It was absolutely … (read more)

The Residence at Cherry Hill

1979 Route 70 East, Cherry Hill, NJ, 08003

I went but it was just too small for my parents, and I wanted a larger community for them. The staff was wonderful, lovely, the residents were very active, and engaging in conversation as we toured. T … (read more)

Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

2150 Route 38, Cherry Hill, NJ, 08002

We toured Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill but it’s not for my mother. The gentleman that showed me around was very informative. I just didn’t like the building at all, it’s old, dark, and not a cheerfu … (read more)

2015

Granville Place

111 Sunset Road, Burlington, NJ, 08016

Granville Place was very nice and very clean. It’s close to me and my family. It’s fenced in, and I liked that the residents are able to go outside (my mom likes being outside). The staff was very fri … (read more)

United Methodist Communities at Collingswood

460 Haddon Ave, Collingswood, NJ, 08108

The staff was outstanding along with the food and entertainment. Ellen on the 5th floor was an asset to the facility.

Riverview Estates

303 Bank Avenue, Riverton, NJ, 08077

My dad is at Riverview Estates. It’s nonprofit; it’s not a big corporation. It’s more like a family. It’s close to home, so on my way home from work, I can stop, I can see him, and hang out for a half … (read more)

CareOne at Evesham

874 East Route 70, Marlton, NJ, 08053

I would not refer CareOne at Evesham. When my father got sick, the care was horrible. When I needed a transportation, they told me they didn’t have it even though they told me they did. They told me a … (read more)

Brandywine Living at Haddonfield

132 Warwick Road, Haddonfield, NJ, 08033

My mother was adamantly opposed to living in an assisted living facility. After working with the folks at Brandywine, my mother became a resident and wow….she is a new person! She is engaged in ac … (read more)

Brightview Greentree

170 Greentree Road, Marlton, NJ, 08053

Facility is not what it once was it progressively is getting worse. Was once not only a beautiful place but, the care and management was much better. They have continually gone down hill. Total sha … (read more)

Arbor Terrace Mount Laurel

785 Centerton Road, Mount Laurel, NJ, 08054

My aunt moved to Arbor Terrace Mount Laurel about 6 months ago. It was a difficult decision to move her, but she couldn’t be home alone anymore. She wasn’t ready for a memory care program, but we were … (read more)

Brightview-Mount Laurel

400 Fernbrooke Lane, Mount Laurel, NJ, 08054

My mother was at Brightview at Mount Laurel for two months. The place was very nice and clean. The people were friendly. The food was fine. For socialization, it was perfectly fine, but my mother need … (read more)

Ivystone Senior Living

7999 North Crescent Boulevard, Pennsauken, NJ, 08110

I wish I could give this place a zero rating. This is the worst place to send your family and I am currently looking somewhere else. Bed bugs, mice, roaches. Bad food, AWFUL STAFF. Calls never get re … (read more)

Mayfair Meadows

4400 DECATUR STREET, Philadelphia, PA, 19136

Mayfair Meadows was dreary, it really needed sprucing up. There were four in a room, I didn’t like that. It wasn’t spacious for four people to have four dressers and four beds and couple of closets. O … (read more)

Complete Care at Kresson View

2601 E Evesham Rd, Voorhees, NJ, 08043

Wynwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

1700 Wynwood Dr, Cinnaminson, NJ, 08077

My room was small, dirty. When I got there the room was not ready,the oxygen machine was broken. My nightime machine was not delivered ’till the next day. The food is limited and not fit for a dog. … (read more)

Complete Care at Marcella

2305 Rancocas Rd, Burlington, NJ, 08016

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Moorestown

The New Jersey Department of Health is responsible for issuing licenses to assisted living facility administrators. The department regulates and monitors facilities to ensure they continue to uphold the standards stipulated in their licenses. It also conducts unannounced inspections, which can result in it revoking licenses from underperforming facilities.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Moorestown

• Sperling’s Best Places records Moorestown’s average cost of living at an exceptionally high 174.8 (the state and national averages are 120.4 and 100, respectively). Although several indices, such as utility costs, are above average, the primary driver appears to be very high housing costs, which are unlikely to concern seniors in assisted living communities. What may interest them is the area’s health care index of 87.3, which is below the state and national averages.
  • Moorestown is safer than most areas. Data published by Neighborhood Scout show that property crime is at least half the national average and significantly lower than New Jersey’s average. Violent crime is even less common, with the chances of being a victim at 1 in 1,087 (the state average — which is almost half the national average — is 1 in 483). An additional source of comfort for seniors in many assisted living facilities is 24-hour security and staff always on call.
  • There are almost 40 hospitals within an hour of Moorestown, including several nationally ranked facilities 20 minutes away in Philadelphia. Closer to home, seniors can get quality care and rehabilitative support at the  Virtua Medical Center and Kennedy University Hospital, which is ranked #10 in the state and #12 in the Philadelphia metro area. There are also 41 family doctors in Moorestown who treat seniors in receipt of Medicare.
  • Moorestown’s winters can be challenging for seniors, with temperatures regularly falling to 24 degrees. However, snowfall is almost a third of the national average and the dial often sits at around 87 degrees in summer. Rainfall is above average, resulting in a landscape that’s very green and pleasant.
  • Sen-Han Transit, a division of the nonprofit Senior Citizens United Community Services provides paratransit rides throughout Moorestown and Burlington County. Although the rides are primarily for non-emergency medical purposes, the service also conducts shopping trip rides on Wednesdays to several destinations within Moorestown for $2 per one-way trip.

Paying for Assisted Living in Moorestown

According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Survey, Moorestown’s average assisted living costs are $1,100 per month below the state average of $6,650 although above the national average of $4,300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

Moorestown’s assisted living costs are among the most attractive in the state, only beaten by Ocean City, where the typical fee is $4,945. Seniors in Moorestown will need to budget for an additional $973 per month if they consider a move to Vineland or $1,928 if Trenton is in their sights.

$5550

Vineland

$7478

Trenton

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Senior care costs typically reflect the frequency and level of care, as well as other costs, such as accommodation. Consequently, adult day care centers offer the most affordable option, with fees in Moorestown averaging $1,842. This is followed by home and home health care, both of which cost $4,767, despite the latter also providing support by medical professionals. Assisted living’s $5,550 fees are the most affordable for care that includes accommodation. Nursing home care is the most expensive, with the average semiprivate room costing $11,285, while a private room adds another $1,213 per month to the fees.

$4767

Adult day care

$4767

Assisted living

$1842
$5550

Home health care

$11285

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$12498

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Moorestown was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Philadelphia, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Moorestown

Assisted living services in Moorestown may be covered under the state’s Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports waiver.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.

Paying for Assisted Living Facilities in New Jersey

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Moorestown

Seniors in Moorestown have access to many free and subsidized resources. They can help resolve disagreements with care providers, get high-quality medical services and enjoy opportunities to work with others to better the community. The following resources are only a sample of what’s available in Burlington County.

Resource

Contact

Service

U.S. military veterans and their families can get medical support at the Burlington County VA Clinic. In addition to primary care physicians, the facility also has podiatrists, optometrists, neurologists and dermatologists. There's a department specializing in mental health and a program for weight management. The facility's social workers ensure continuity of care, particularly for seniors who require support from more than one type of specialist.

Burlington County's Office on Aging manages the Aging and Disability Resource Center, a one-stop shop of resources for seniors in residential care and those able to live at home. The center's services cover many needs, such as legal support, respite care and money management advice. There's also support from social workers for seniors unsure of how to plan their long-term care.

Seniors in residential care communities unable to resolve disagreements with their care providers can call on the support of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman. The service is free of charge. Ombudsmen educate seniors about their rights and investigate complaints made by them, their families and third parties. Advocating for the senior, the ombudsman tries to resolve disputes with the owners and managers of the facilities. The ombudsman can also supply seniors with inspection reports, enabling them to make more educated decisions about the best assisted living facility for them.

The Volunteer Center of Burlington County is a nonprofit organization that pairs up seniors with life skills and a willingness to serve their communities with charities and agencies that rely on the help of volunteers. Seniors determine the time they can offer, while the center aims to connect them with the nonprofit that will be best served by their skills and experience. This could be delivering meals to homebound seniors, working in a thrift shop or mentoring younger members of the community.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Moorestown

Moorestown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Jersey