26 Assisted Living Facilities near Moorestown, NJ
Also serving communities of Cinnaminson.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Moorestown area, with 3 in Moorestown and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Moorestown is $6,780 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Mount Laurel with an average starting cost of $6,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Moorestown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Moorestown 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burlington with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Moorestown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Moorestown, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Moorestown
Moorestown topped the New Jersey Family Magazine's 2019 Best Towns for Families in Burlington County and gained the 26th spot in the state of New Jersey. Located approximately 10 miles from Philadelphia, the town is easily accessible for seniors wanting to take up residence. Seniors can choose from among the 27 assisted living facilities in the area — 3 within the town and 24 in surrounding neighborhoods. These communities, known as Assisted Living Residences, offer assistance with activities of daily living and are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Moorestown
- Moorestown’s high overall cost of living index of 195 is much higher than the state’s average of 133, making it one of the more expensive locations within New Jersey. However, the healthcare cost at 94 is almost at even with the state’s 95 and lower than the national average of 100, ensuring relatively manageable medical expenses for seniors.
- Within the Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington metro area, Moorestown is one of the safer locations, thanks to lower crime rates. The town’s property crime rate of 25.9 is lower than the metro area’s 31.4, while the violent crime rate at 10.1 is below the metro area’s 24.3.
- The comfort index for Moorestown is listed at 46 out of 100, which is below the national index of 54. Both summer high (89 degrees) and winter low (23 degrees) average temperatures fall outside the comfort range of 70 to 80 degrees, which may provide some degree of discomfort to seniors during the peak times of the seasons.
- Moorestown has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Ladies Group and the Senior Card Group, which are clubs that regularly converge at the New Albany Recreation Center for lunch, games and fellowship activities.
- The state of New Jersey exempts Social Security earnings from income taxes, although it deducts income taxes from retirement account withdrawals and pension income at reasonable rates. This allows Moorestown seniors to allocate more funds for their regular expenses.
- The Moorestown area is serviced by the NJ Transit system via the 414 and 457 bus routes. Senior patrons 62 years and above are entitled to reduced fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Moorestown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Moorestown start around $6,780 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Moorestown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Moorestown
As part of the NJ FamilyCare Comprehensive Demonstration Waiver, the Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports program entitles eligible Moorestown and New Jersey seniors to home and community-based services. The program's services are administered by the Department of Human Services and are coordinated through managed care organizations.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Moorestown
Moorestown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Moorestown, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Moorestown
Moorestown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Moorestown, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Moorestown
Review of Cambridge Rehabilitation and Healthcare
My dad was in rehab here for a couple of months and is now in assisted living. The place is very nice: clean, nice layout (library, sitting areas, small theater, TV lounge area, courtyard, deck a... Read more
Review of Cambridge Rehabilitation and Healthcare
Lutheran Crossings at Moorestown has been 90% positive, so it's been good. My parents are in the assisted living right now. It's not too clinical, and they have lots of activities. The staff is fri... Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Moorestown Estates
Working in healthcare for the past 10 years, I have visited close to 20 assisted livings in Burlington and Camden county. I always tell everyone if they know someone who needs care, Brandywine is t... Read more