42 Assisted Living Facilities near Burlington, NJ
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burlington area, with 4 in Burlington and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burlington is $5,228 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Bensalem with an average starting cost of $3,250.
To help you with your search, browse the 267 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burlington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burlington 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Moorestown with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burlington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Burlington, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burlington
Located in Burlington County, New Jersey, the city of Burlington played host to the first European settlers in the state and boasts more than 45 sites that mark the origins of significant historical events and places. For seniors seeking to establish residency in this historic neighborhood and who need help with daily living, there are four assisted living facilities within the city and 38 others in adjacent neighborhoods. These communities, known in New Jersey as Assisted Living Residences, are licensed by the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burlington
- Burlington has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Recreation Program, managed by the city's Recreation Division under the Department of Public Affairs. Seniors pay a minimal lifetime membership fee to gain access to free activities held twice a week at the Keegan Center.
- New Jersey does not deduct income taxes from Social Security benefits, which may give Burlington seniors a reasonable amount of savings. The state also implements lower income tax rates for low to moderate retirement and pension earning.
- The Burlington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Cooper University Health Care and the Burlington City Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The streets of Burlington are lined with historical structures that provide a glimpse of the city’s cultural heritage. The city government offers guided walking tours along these scenic places and gives discounts to groups and seniors.
- Burlington seniors can take advantage of around 207 sunny days a year for leisurely walks around the city’s main attractions. The comfort index is listed at 47 out of 100, slightly lower than the national average of 54. Summer months may be slightly humid, with the average high temperature of 87 degrees a little above the comfort index of 70 to 80 degrees.
- Although the city’s overall cost of living index of 101 is almost even with the national average of 100, this is far below the state’s overall cost of living of 133, making Burlington one of the more affordable locations within New Jersey.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burlington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Burlington start around $5,228 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burlington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burlington
The New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services administers the Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports program under the Comprehensive Demonstration Waiver. Eligible Burlington seniors are entitled to services coordinated through FamilyCare managed care organizations. Assisted living, community residential services and nursing home care are covered by this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burlington
Burlington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burlington, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burlington
Burlington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Burlington, NJ
Other Options in Burlington, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burlington
Review of Granville Place
Granville Place is very nice. They're having some staffing issues now. They are short-staffed and that's an issue. That's hard. They are trying to be very accommodating, but they need to update thi... Read more
Review of Masonic Village at Burlington
Masonic Village at Burlington was beautiful. The facilities were like a hotel, it looked like a resort, and it had beautiful grounds. The rooms were wonderful, the people looked like they were havi... Read more
Review of Granville Place
We're leaning towards Granville Place in Burlington for my mom. It was a small assisted living community, which is what we were looking for. It gave me a homey feeling. Angela was very informative... Read more