38 Assisted Living Facilities near Langhorne, PA
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Langhorne area, with 3 in Langhorne and 35 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 269 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Langhorne. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Langhorne 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newtown with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Langhorne, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Langhorne, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Langhorne
Langhorne is a quaint family suburb in the northeastern stretch of the greater Philadelphia area and is located near the state line and deep in the wooded farmland of Bucks County. Around 18% of Bucks County's 628,000 people are seniors aged 65 and over, who are served by the area's extensive network of 193 assisted living facilities. These properties in Langhorne, like all residential care homes in the state, are regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Langhorne
- The weather in Langhorne, like that of nearby Philadelphia, is broadly seasonal, though seniors with asthma or COPD may have trouble with the pollen local green spaces send over the community in spring and summer. July highs in Langhorne average 87 degrees, while December lows average 26. This part of the state gets around 41.5 inches of rain and 23 inches of snow each year.
- The cost of living is higher in Langhorne than in most other places in America. Seniors who live in the borough pay an average of 38% higher costs for independent living, though much of this is in the elevated price of local homes. Healthcare is also more expensive in Langhorne than the average nationally, with local costs roughly 12% above the national average rate.
Crime rates in Langhorne are nearly as low as it's possible for a town to get. In 2017, the entire borough surrounding Langhorne and Langhorne Manor reported four thefts, which was the sum total of the area's crime statistics. Seniors are exceptionally safe in Langhorne, where no violent crime has been reported since 2015, which was itself a single incident of assault.
- Public transportation in Langhorne is mostly in the hands of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA). Seniors ride SEPTA buses, light rail and other vehicles for free on scheduled routes within the state. All SEPTA vehicles are equipped with wheelchair ramps and tie downs, as well as other devices to assist riders with limited mobility.
- The Langhorne area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Mary Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Langhorne has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bucks County Area Agency on Aging, an organization that administers over 20 programs for seniors aged 60 and over, including financial and wellness classes and occasional social events, as well as five senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Langhorne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Langhorne start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Langhorne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Langhorne
Langhorne seniors who have signed up for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may get a significant discount on monthly costs for assisted living. State law limits the cost assisted living communities can charge seniors who qualify for SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Langhorne
Langhorne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Langhorne, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Langhorne
Langhorne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Langhorne, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Langhorne
Review of Attleboro Village
My mother is in the Memory Care area of the Brunswick at Attleboro since last September. Mom had a very difficult time adjusting but the staff was persistent, consistent and kind. Finally, Mom is... Read more
Review of Attleboro Village
Not pleased with this community. Not enough activities to keep my parents active. They have limited amount of seats on their bus trips and it seems like the same people go on these trips. It see... Read more
Review of Attleboro Village
The Brunswick at Attleboro has both the independent and then the next stage. The facility is absolutely beautiful. This place has been established for a long time. The rooms are big. The food was a... Read more