Sunrise of Lower Makefield

Reviews of Sunrise of Lower Makefield

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Lower Makefield

October 28, 2015

By Anonymous.son1

I visited Sunrise of Lower Makefield. The young lady gave us a nice tour. The rooms were nice. They were actually making pizza for the residents while we walked through, so that's a nice thing. The facility was big and open, and there were lots of places where you can be by yourself, or if you want to sit with other people. The dining area was nice. They had a private dining room, which I think is nice if you want a family event there. The young lady was courteous. She answered all of our questions and was factual. Most of the staff did say hi as we walked by, as did a lot of the residents. This facility would probably be considered for my mother; however, it most likely would cost a little more than a few of the other places. However, it is not necessarily all about the price. The facility was clean, new, and well-kept.

December 11, 2014

By Robert98173250

I did not eat at Sunrise, but the dining room seemed nice and spacious. I don’t think I saw any activity there. I saw the rooms, but I just didn't see anything at the time. I think their outdoor sitting areas and dining areas could use some expansion.

October 22, 2014

My parents are at Sunrise of Lower Makefield. It’s has a Victorian-type of look about it. It's homey, and you don’t feel like you are in a hospital. It's also like walking into a nice hotel. Their care is doing really well. All the staff is helpful and willing to do whatever you need them to do. They arrive promptly when my parents call for them and they are very patient. Mom and dad are 93 years old, so they just stay in their room most of the time, but I am seeing activities going on for the residents like playing bingo, baking club, and they also have a social everyday downstairs. They also have some kind of snacks given to the residents, and sometimes also they would have karaoke social. They also have outings if they want to.

July 19, 2014

By Diane87790250

Mom already had given a down payment for Sunrise at Lower Makefield and is now on their waiting list. The facility feels very homey, and so far, from what we've seen, it seems to do a pretty good job. They were able to answer all the questions that we asked. We really didn't focus much on the activities because my mom can't really see well.

June 30, 2014

By Daria1

Sunrise was spectacular. It was a gorgeous building sitting on a lot with maybe 6 trees. If you take a walk around Sunrise, you are exposed totally, and knowing that older people can only tolerate so much heat, that was a factor. As nice as the physical building was at Sunrise, I didn't get the feeling of personal care. It was like a tour for a house museum. We visited the dining room, beautiful. I didn't think the rooms were very large or airy. The facilities are out of this world, architecturally. We ruled them out because it was going to cost my mother-in-law $3,000 a month more. Their furnishings in the hallways were just gorgeous, and that's what you pay for. The vase in the hall isn't taking care of our mom; a person is. The people we've talked to said the food was wonderful. We looked at some menus. It looked very nice. We went in and walked around the dining room, and not one dining room staff said hello to us.

December 30, 2013

By Patricia74778950

Sunrise seemed very nice. It had a very nice atmosphere when you walked in. It was very homey. I liked the idea that they had jukebox in one common area. I visited their memory care unit and it was very nice.

November 20, 2013

By Russ4

I had looked at Sunrise. The facility was very nice. Everything was clean and neat. The accommodation and staff seemed very nice. They were friendly and courteous. Everyone was very pleasant. Their rooms were also very nice. However, they did not have a secured memory care area and I don't think they had the specific care that my mother needed. If someone needed a home and had no Alzheimer's I would recommend Sunrise.

July 10, 2013

By Sally J.

I learned about Sunrise from a volunteer there so I visited the place. Two ladies came and interviewed my husband to figure out his level of care and I thought that was very helpful. It's a beautiful place and only five years old. The dementia unit is separate from the assisted living area. The staff is extremely helpful and loving. My husband has a private room, I have dinner with him every night in the dining room, and we spend our evening together. They encouraged that. It's a loving and caring place and I'm very pleased with it.

June 12, 2013

Sunrise is a very clean and nice place. They are just too expensive for us; otherwise, I would love to put my father in this place.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Lower Makefield

Photos of Sunrise of Lower Makefield

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Lower Makefield

About Sunrise of Lower Makefield

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Lower Makefield