CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

Reviews of CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

Assisted Living Reviews for CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

October 14, 2018

By Horrified Evil

Best Care Best Food Fun Activities need more trips New Nurses are great EXecutive Director truly cares Definitely feel Dad was in good hands during his respite

September 19, 2018

By Richard

Juvy and her staff were wonderful to me and my wife. She and the staff show compassion and such care to my wife and I at all times. If you have a loved one that needs care I would highly recommend Careone at Hamilton. It deeply saddened me that may wife had to leave.

August 21, 2018

By T. Morelli

We love the personal care and attention our father receives at Care One. They make us all feel like we are family there. The facility is beautiful and very clean and the food is excellent.

August 16, 2018

By Rose

Excellent personnel, high quality facilities and services. Friendly community of residents.

August 10, 2018

By Liz

Great care! Great staff! The food is amazing.

July 31, 2018

By Maryann

Everything is out of this world! The care, the hard work of every employee. The personal care is more than exceptional.

July 31, 2018

By Maria C.

Nice facility; newly renovated. Great quality care. Everyone is friendly. Good food, varied menu. Clean and well-maintained. Good recreation/activities. Nurses and aides are good as well as kitchen and maintenance staff.

July 20, 2018

By Beth

The quality of care that I receive at Care One is extremely excellent. They are always attending to my needs medically, mentally and psychologically. But most of all each one of the staff members treats me like a part of my family and family is everything to me!

July 02, 2018

By Oldest daughter

As a nurse with a background in long-term care I have fairly high standards regarding facilities offering elder care. We needed to find a place for my 92-year old father with dementia following surgery and a short stay in rehab resulting from a fall at home. We were fortunate to find CareOne Hamilton and Dad moved into the Memory Care unit on a trial (respite) basis. It is an attractive building with many home-like amenities and a full activity schedule to keep folks occupied in a positive constructive way. I could not be more satisfied with his stay there and all of the staff we encountered. Everyone from the receptionist and administrators to the nursing staff and ancillary staff were just great. The nursing staff, professional and non-professional, were friendly and caring. They were attentive, kind and took a genuine interest in the people they cared for. Communication with family was very good and we were contacted promptly regarding any change in my father’s status. Dad was there for about a month and then went on to hospice care for a short while before he passed away. My family and I have peace of mind knowing he was well-cared for leading up to and during his final days. I am thankful we found a CareOne Hamilton and highly recommend them.

June 22, 2018

By Gena

My mother came in January 2018 under respite and has been in Care One for 6 months. The staff is amazing! My mother has made incredible progress due to everyone at Care One. The food is delicious and the facility is always clean!

June 19, 2018

By Diana

Excellent service. Staff is very efficient and friendly. They already feel like extended family after 4 months. The residence is very neat and clean. They offer many activities throughout the week. Very pleasant place if you need assisted living.

May 31, 2018

By Jeanne C

My 87-year old sister fell on January 5th2018 and broke her replaced hip and femur. After hospital, rehab, acute care (where she was diagnosed with C-Def), she arrived at Care One on March 1st2018. Within two months, she has recovered and is now using a walker to where ever she wants to go. The entire staff of nurses, aides, doctors and admin are wonderful!

November 22, 2017

By happy son in law

I have to say the best experience I have ever had with an assisted living home. We have had to move my mother in law out of two different facilities in the past 5 years. Careone has been top notch. From day 1 the staff,the food, the cleanliness of the facility is by far the best I have seen . Thank you careone my mother in law is finally happy and if my mother in law is happy I am happy.

October 12, 2017

By queen of laughter

This is such a wonderful facility with an extremely warm, friendly and caring staff! The building is very clean and looks like a fancy hotel inside with a beautiful outside patio and seating area that I wish were in my own home. The staff feels like one big family and has gone above and beyond to help my father. He initially arrived in a weakened state and was a high risk for falls and I was very concerned that he needed more intensive care. The executive staff, nurses and aides all came to our rescue by switching him to a low bed, checking on him more frequently and more which kept him safe and gave me peace of mind. My father had also been withdrawn and depressed and as he slowly started participating in the variety of daily activities his happy, social personality came back which is so great to see! The physical and occupational therapists here are also phenomenal! They are very compassionate and really get to know each of their clients personally by working with them one at a time so they can give them the best therapy for their conditions and motivate them to get better. My father has gone from being depressed, a high risk for falls, sleeping on a low bed and sitting in a wheel chair to being happier, physically stronger and more balanced, sleeping on a regular bed and walking with a walker in less than 2 months. ! I highly recommend CareOne at Hamilton to anyone who is looking for an Assisted Living facility for their loves one.

October 12, 2017

By Jennifer

Care 1 of Hamilton's staff is very friendly and caring to my mom, their care is A+. I recently attended a community service meeting informing participants about Alzheimer's and it was educational.

September 05, 2017

By anonymoun

Everyone at CareOne Hamilton has been wonderful with my brother and his wife. We had an unexpected medical emergency which required us to quickly find a place to move both of them into from their home and Jennifer (Admissions Director) went above and beyond to help us get them in and settled. I live out of state so her help was critical to getting this done in a time;y manner. And Juvy (the Exec Director) always answered my emails quickly and made sure everything was handled. We had to move them after a couple months as it was too hard to handle their needs from another state so we moved them closer and again Juvy and Marie (the nurse) went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. And the care while they were there was excellent as well. I would strongly recommend Care One at Hamilton for your loved ones needing assisted living.

August 21, 2017

By Anonymous

Jen is the most helpful, caring, and knowledgeable and attentive person I have ever met. The service she gave to me was out of this world. Even after I was settled in at Care One she made sure I still received great service and made my stay more satisfying.

August 21, 2017

By Anonymous

For the first time in few years I have found the perfect home. The staff is always extremely friendly and helpful. The activities are fun and keep you busy. The food is delicious and the admin staff is helpful and caring. This is now my home. I love it here.

August 01, 2017

By ozzaram

I have experienced, second hand, the quality of care at the CareOne Assisted Living facility at Hamilton. It was first introduced to me by their Admissions Director Jennifer who is simply wonderful. I couldn't ask for better help with any questions or issues that may have needed some assistance. She always gets back to me, as well as everyone else, right away. It's not common to get someone to return calls or act swiftly on matters that may need some additional attention but, Jennifer and others have always provided me with great care. The facility is clean, the food is very good and everyone has been very pleasant. I, personally don't have any serious concerns and would recommend CareOne at Hamilton highly.

May 27, 2017

By cliff401373

Clean, well lit, easy access, staff is friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Highly recommended.

May 23, 2017

By anonymous011675

The services I have received have been good. I can say that my care has been very good.

May 19, 2017

By john550061

My father is a resident and has been at Care One for approximately a month and half. Our family was faced with a difficult decision and all staff at Care One made our decision less stressful and everyone is friendly, and provide a high level of care that allows us to be at peace knowing our father/husband is cared for.

May 18, 2017

By bill404823

Tiffany and Barbara, the two aides, are usually on same floor. Since day one, these two angels have been so sweet to my mother. Very good at what they do. Extremely respectful to all the residents and the care they show to all is second to none. Definitely a major plus to have them here!

May 10, 2017

By Rosemary S.

Beautifully newly renovated. Wonderful staff. Warm, friendly environment.

May 07, 2017

By MikeO

A wonderful place. Beautiful, well lit, across from an amazing park, nearby to anything you or your family would need, also across the street from a great hospital. The staff is attentive and patient, I was happy to have my aunt finish her life there.

May 06, 2017

By Terrye

My uncle has only been there 35 days. I went there and waited 47 minutes pushing the bell waiting for someone to take to bathroom. 47 minutes!! He's fallen twice in 35 days. They moved him to the dementia area because he was not evaluated from the start correctly. We're looking for another facility right now!!!!!

Dear Terrye, I am deeply concerned about your experience with our center. I would very much like to discuss your experiences with you personally. Please feel free to call me at the center at 609-586-4600 or anytime on my cell at 609-819-6998

May 04, 2017

By Louise664803

I am extremely pleased with all aspects of my life at Care One, the care, comfort, food, everything is A-1. I have no complaints and encourage others to "give it a try"!

April 18, 2017

By Phyllis Sanderson

Care One Hamilton is a beautiful facility. The Director of nursing is awesome, very attentive to your needs, gets the job done with no hesitation, very professional. My mother has been there a little over a year. It's wonderful to know my she is taken care of.

April 12, 2017

By invinciblechar

Both of my parents are now residents at CareOne, and it's such a relief that they are there and are well taken care of. From even before the move, the staff was super accommodating and helped us prepare every step of the way. And, when my father was about to be discharged from a rehab facility where he had spent some time after the move, CareOne bent over backwards to be able to have him rejoin my mother again at CareOne, even though he needs a much greater amount of care than any of the residents at the moment. It required a lot of creativity and hard work, but they made it happen. The facility is clean, the staff is receptive and friendly for the most part, and they really do seem to know each and every resident and treat them like part of the CareOne family. It's a shame that they aren't able to continue living independently, but, now that they can't, I'm glad CareOne is there to be their new home.

March 09, 2017

By jtor563

Other

Very friendly staff, and the place is very clean! Although we don't need services at this time, this facility will be our choice for dad when the time comes in the near future.

January 31, 2017

By craig42

Awesome staff. if you tell them something needs to be done, they will get to it right away! i couldn't believe how clean the place looked. you usually don't see places that clean.

January 10, 2017

By Lewis673254

CareOne is newly renovated. It is such a beautiful building inside and out. It is very clean inside. They have a lot of music groups come in for the holidays, and they have pet therapy which my mother likes. They would do a lot of games with the residents. They actually had a very nice Christmas party for the residents' family. My mother said that overall the food quality is very good especially the soups. She loves her soups. I had a couple of meals there with her, and I was satisfied with the quality. The dining area is nice-looking inside. It has wallpaper with flowers, and they put fresh flowers out every week. Their dining area looks more like a bistro.

December 20, 2016

By Cait42

The Place Was Extremely Clean, unlike a lot of other assisted livings, rooms were unbelievablely well kept, staff was awesome and super friendly, you can tell the staff sees each other as FAMILY.

December 16, 2016

By Linda404720

I know they just remodeled Care One. The people that we talked to were very friendly, but it seemed like a disconnected atmosphere and a little too fancy for my dad. He comes from a farm, so he doesn’t need something really fancy. The rooms were beautiful.

September 30, 2016

By JM167086

CareOne was just taken over by another company, and they were having some problems. We ran into some problems with staffing, and they put my mother-in-law in an Alzheimer's unit; there was a problem with not having enough people to watch them. There were a couple of problems we ran into, and they said it's because there was a new takeover in the facility that they were working things out. They need to get more staff, and they should have better communication. They can do better with food, and I know they're trying, but they seem to give them all apple juice. There's nobody there to watch the people eating. They just leave them there to feed themselves. I have even assisted in helping a patient eat because he didn't want to eat, and there's no way for them to know if these people were eating or not because nobody was monitoring them.

November 09, 2015

By JPM1

We were happy with Care One and the service provided for my mom. The staff was very nice. They were in the process of redoing the rooms and the whole building, but her room was well-kept. We were pleased with the service. They were very compassionate and really good with us and our Mom.

July 05, 2012

By Vinny556

The medical director at Care One leaves a lot to be desired. At this facility, his rule is law, and outside physicians are not allowed to write scripts or act upon the health of patients. The staff, however, are brilliant, and are genuinely do care about the well being of patients. The nurses often go well beyond the call of duty to make sure patients are comfortable, safe and as happy as possible. The rates for the assisted living rooms are also reasonable for the type of care provided, and the living quarters are also adequate. The facility provides some furnishings for the rooms, though patients are welcome to bring in electronics, furniture and other items from their former homes to make the assisted living facility feel home-like. This facility also provides wireless Internet service to patients and their guests, so its a great way for patients living there to remain connected to the outside world and family. The area in which this facility resides is also nice -- at no point have I ever felt unsafe going and coming from here. The same cannot be said for many of the other facilities in the greater-Trenton area.

April 13, 2012

By ihaterbf22

This was an awful facility. I cant explain the overwhelming stress it caused on me and my family. My grandmother wasnt the kindest woman, thats for sure. And at first we belived maybe she was treating the workers poorly. She kept complaining about them. Eveuntally we came to find out that she was in fact being treated very poorly by the workers. In one instance we found her gown on the bathroom floor and it appeared as if someone cut it in half. We attempted to get answers but to no avail. We had to consistently rotate ourselves in and out of the facility in fear that my grandmother wouldnt be cared for in the manner she deserved. They would "forget" to bring her meals, and were generally dismissive of her requests. We eventually got her moved to another facility where she found comfort and then passed away.

Questions about CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

What programs or activities does CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Keeping the mind sharp, and the body ambulatory, means engaging the mind and body in ways that stretches strengths and tests cognitive abilities, and that means everything from socializing to exercising to matching wits against the daily crossword puzzle.

What places are near CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Within walking distance to CareOne Hamilton is a 333 acre Veteran's Park, hosts many annual community events and is also home to trails, a dog park, recreational and sports areas and a picturesque lake. Also within walking distance are many family-owned and operated restaurants, Hamilton YMCA, Hamilton Public Library, Starbucks and other amenities. Grounds For Sculpture, a 42-acre sculpture park, museum, and arboretum founded on the site of the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds is within a short drive, as well as many other beautiful parks, including Sayen Gardens and Kuser. Nature lovers may enjoy Abbott Marshlands or the Tulpekahing Nature Center. From the American Revolution to the turn of the 20th Century, Hamilton features many historical sites to visit and enjoy. If shopping is a preference, Hamilton Market Place, a 970,373 sq. ft. retail property is within three miles features many shops and restaurants.

What transportation services does CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is provided to medical providers as well as to shopping and other activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

CareOne strives to create a restaurant-like atmosphere where a variety of options are presented and residents can make their own choices. CareOne uses only the highest quality fruits and vegetables in the preparation of our nutritious dishes. CareOne partners with Jersey Fresh to bring in fresh, organic and locally grown produce, in season. With health as the top priority, CareOne is able to provide a unique culinary experience that takes dining to the next level. Individualized and specialized diets are available.

If CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

CareOne accepts pets at the discretion of the administrator. Areas of enjoyment to be determined upon acceptance.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Administrative staff are on duty weekdays Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM or later. There is a manager on duty seven days a week, as well as a nurse on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Ratios of caregivers to staff vary based on individual program and resident care needs. Additionally their is activities staff and house keeping/maintenance staff on daily

Describe the neighborhood around CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

CareOne at Hamilton Assisted Living is centrally located in beautiful Hamilton, New Jersey, situated on a 7-acre picturesque wooded campus. We are local to shopping centers, restaurants and entertainment venues.

Is CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

CareOne Hamilton is located across the street from Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Hospital and has an extensive network of physicians who visit CareOne at Hamilton daily. Additionally, Penn Medicine at Princeton is less than 13 miles away and Capital Health Hopewell is less than 14 miles away from CareOne.

Costs for CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

Photos of CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

Services and Amenities of CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

• State Licenses: X1KYQQ

About CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton

CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton is a vibrant new assisted living facility that offers resident-centered care in an exceptional customer service oriented environment. Residents benefit from care support on many levels, ranging from minimal assistance to more advanced care needs, including specialized memory care programs for those living with dementia. With a built-in movie theater, game room, bistro, and salon to complement an already exciting calendar of events, residents can lead an active social life while receiving the highest quality care. At CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton you will know your loved one is being cared for by a compassionate team of specially trained caregivers and staff. Resident safety, trust and well-being are our most important priorities.

Our community also features a dedicated memory care community, Harmony Village, where residents who have Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory conditions receive specialized programming while living their lives to the fullest. In our Harmony Village Neighborhoods we provide a supportive, homelike environment, effective communication and appropriate activities. Using this approach, we can help each resident achieve the highest possible level of functioning, independence and quality of life. CareOne At Hamilton truly has everything your mother is looking for and needs.

Map of CareOne Assisted Living at Hamilton