Brookdale Florence Florence, NJ

Reviews of Brookdale Florence

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Florence

October 27, 2015

By walkdontrun

My mom was at brookdale Florence for 10 months the place was ok until mom needed more care. As long as you are ok on your own you may be fine if you need any type of extra care get out of this place they will tell you they can handle it when in reality they can not.weekends and evenings there is no supervision so good luck with what you get. My mom had to go to the hospital twice which we took her ourselves because the medical staff is too incompetent. They did call the ambulance for her when the aid who was supposed to be taking care of her neglected to do her duty and mom wound up in trauma ceter with split opened head and broken hip, so glad we paid extra for extra care. If you have someone here pay close attention they talk a good game but their only true care is money. The management leads by example that explains why the staff is incompetent. Beware

We are sorry to hear Brookdale Florence did not meet your expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority, and we have shared your feedback with our regional team. We would like to learn more about your experience, and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

October 16, 2014

Sterling House is fairly new, and she seems happy with the care they’re giving. I know they have religious gatherings, bingo, a bus that takes them to town for shopping. The facility is very nice; I wouldn’t mind moving in there myself. They have a dining room, activity rooms, and a meeting area with television. When you first come in, it has sofas -- sort of a big living room. She actually has a patio, and it’s like a courtyard out there which is really nice. The only reason I didn’t give them a 5 was sometimes when you’re looking for a staff member, it’s a little difficult to find them.

September 11, 2014

I didn’t stay for long at Sterling House during my visit because they did not have a program specific to people with dementia,but the place had no medicinal smell or bad smell. The residents that I saw seemed happy and satisfied. The staff seemed to be attentive. The facility and the grounds are beautiful.

December 24, 2013

Sterling House was a good place, I was impressed. They have a homey feeling. Their rooms were good and looked comfortable. They were not really big, but for person, they were spacious. Their dining room was good too. It was small but very cozy. The staff was very nice. They seemed very competent. I talked to one of the residents and she seemed very happy and very nice. However, this facility has fairly limited activities for their residents.

October 18, 2013

By Terrence

Sterling House of Florence requires cash up front and that's why I couldn't get involved with them, but the staff were all fine. The rooms are very nice. This facility was my first choice because of the location. I would definitely recommend this facility and I have a lot of relatives and friends that had been in there.

December 03, 2012

By Vickey3

We went to visit my Mother-in-Law who has been staying here since a couple of months. The best part about this place is that the personal care plans are tailored for your individual comfort.They have well furnished individual apartments here. The place is awesome. They have trained staff to help residents with daily activities like bathing, clothing selection,Grooming and dining. The medical staff is also available to take care of the people. The House keeping staff takes care of all the sanitation and other activities. The food is also very good and nutritious. The best part about this is that the service fees is also reasonable. They regularly have get together and gatherings and even have recreational activities to keep the residents busy. Its really a wonderful place away from the busy city life with a calm and serene environment.

Photos of Brookdale Florence

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Florence

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Florence

Brookdale Florence provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Florence