55 Assisted Living Facilities near Bensalem, PA
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bensalem area, with 2 in Bensalem and 53 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bensalem is $3,250 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 368 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bensalem. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bensalem 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burlington with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Bensalem find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bensalem, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bensalem, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bensalem
Bensalem Township, Pennsylvania, sits along the Delaware River and was founded over three centuries ago. Seniors in Bensalem can attend free Civil War reenactments, explore World War II history and visit 18th century mansions. Seniors looking to make Bensalem their home have the option of 31 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in the area. The state of Pennsylvania refers to ALFs as Assisted Living Residences and defines them as facilities that offer supervision, meal services and assistance with activities of daily living to seniors. The regulations for these ALFs are determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, which ensures that professional standards are met.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bensalem
- The climate in Bensalem has mild seasons, so outdoorsy seniors can enjoy the changing seasons and outdoor activities in the warm summers that average a high temperature of 86 degrees. The winter months have an average low temperature of 24 degrees and 14 inches of snow, so seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty staying active all year round.
- Seniors living in Bensalem may feel safe and secure due to the relatively low crime rate. Violent crime is rated at 12.5 out of 100 (1 is the safest), which is a lot lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 47.4, which is only a little higher than the national average of 38.1.
- The Bensalem area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lower Bucks Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is free of charge for seniors over 65. Seniors can use the fixed bus routes to get to their doctor’s appointments, go shopping and visit the local attractions.
- The American Lung Association gave Bucks County a poor Ozone score of F. Seniors with severe asthma or a respiratory condition should consider how this may adversely affect their health.
- Bucks County has a lot to offer seniors when it comes to culture and history. Seniors may enjoy seeing a production at the Bucks County Playhouse on the banks of the Delaware River, or spend an afternoon exploring the Bucks County Civil War Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bensalem
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Bensalem start around $3,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bensalem and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bensalem
Seniors on a budget who are seeking financial aid for assisted living costs may qualify for coverage through the state’s Medicaid Community Health Choices waiver. The state of Pennsylvania also provides the non-Medicaid PA Domiciliary Care Program for eligible seniors who do not have Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bensalem
Bensalem and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bensalem, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bensalem
Bensalem-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bensalem, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bensalem
Review of Allegria at the Oaks
My mother was a past resident of Allegria at the Oaks. I think they were great, everything was good, it was very clean, and the staff was helpful. It was a positive experience, but she just wanted ... Read more
Review of Allegria at the Oaks
We visited Allegria at the Oaks, the experience was very positive. The lady who gave us the tour was in charge of admissions and marketing. She was a very young at heart and lively lady who gave us... Read more
Review of Juniper Village at Bucks County
Juniper Village at Bucks County was nice, and the inside looked lovely. Each apartment had a screened patio with a lovely view. There were trees everywhere. I have a small dog, so they said I could... Read more