Brookdale Echelon Lake

Reviews of Brookdale Echelon Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Echelon Lake

December 16, 2015

By Wife3

Brookdale Echelon Lake was a wonderful facility. It was very clean. The people were very nice. The room that he would live in, the little apartment was wonderful. It had all the accommodations, and the people who were the caretakers were in very close proximity to the patients. It really was lovely.

June 28, 2015

I liked everything about Brookdale Echelon Lake. I liked the price. I went because it was about the price, and when I got there, I liked the people and the facility as well. It was very clean. The staff was very friendly, and they seemed very friendly with each other as well. I moved my mother here.

March 29, 2015

By Gina Miller

Other

Friendly daily staff, but management totally misrepresented the care and assistance they would provide. My mother lived there one year, just long enough to meet private pay requirement. Then we were told they did not have adequate staff to assist her to the dining room. What is an assisted living place doing not offering basic assistance? We were told before we enrolled that my mom could stay unless she needed skilled nursing but they wanted her to leave once she required wheelchair mobility. My advice, find a good long term care that really will care.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will share your feedback to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

January 26, 2015

The rooms at Brookdale Echelon Lake seemed a little dark for me, but they were nice. The staff seemed nice as well. I was not that thrilled with it, but it was still a nice small facility. They had a small dining area which was like a cafeteria, and it was nice.

January 17, 2015

I thought Brookdale was very nice. I didn't spend a lot of time waiting. It is an older facility, but I must say I feel that the people looked like they were cared for. I thought it was well run. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but from my impression, it is certainly something I am considering. The staff was very accommodating and professional. The physical plan of the place is older, but it didn't bother me. What I am focused about is the care provided.

December 11, 2014

I thought Brookdale Echelon Lake had cheaper rent, but they had a one year waiting list. It's a little dated, and for the price of the room, I think it was small. They overlooked the lake, and it would be nice in the summer so that you could sit on the porch. It was right behind a major mall, but not close to any doctors, and I don't know if for any appointments they'll take you to your doctor. They had a library with a computer, which is good to stimulate people with a public computer to use. The rooms were a bit smaller than what my dad has now, and the rent was cheaper, but then for everything else, they charge more for their level of care. The rent was cheap, but if the level of care was higher, it would come out higher.

October 06, 2014

The surroundings at Brookdale Echelon are not that gorgeous, but the care they provided was very nice. All the caregivers were very nice. For me, they have two advantages -- one is that they have 40 memory unit beds. When we went there, we saw there was much more socialization among the patients. They were talking and sitting with one another. They have someone who comes in several times a week for various activities for games. There were plenty of things for the assisted living, but not so much for the memory patients. The memory care patients could go out if their family would take them out, which we do all the time for my mother-in-law living in the facility. This is the facility that I would recommend for any memory patient. The other reason why we took her there is that they take Medicare.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

May 20, 2014

By Colleen13

I was searching for an assisted living to relocate my 89 y.o. Mom to New Jersey. The facility was nice;everyone there appeared to be committed to their jobs. I was happy to see people out of their rooms & participating in activities. The location was great. I simply did not choose it for my Mom because she is a little more independent than most of the residents appeared to be there.

April 11, 2014

By Dottie2

The staff are wonderful. Everybody is on a first name basis and they interact with everyone. They exactly know where their residents are. When we walk in, my husband and I, they will tell me exactly where my father-in-law is. They have a library, they have a barber/hairdresser shop so that he can get his hair cut. He plays penny poker and he goes to all the events. The place has lots of windows and sunshine. The people were very nice. They treat everyone like a friend and not just a resident. They also clean his room every day. This facility is very, very beautiful place. Their dining room is absolutely beautiful.

March 24, 2014

By trish3

Had been working with another facility for 4 months, only to find out my mom did not have enough money. Now we are under pressure to find one she can get into and is nice. I made my husband tag along as we looked at 3 homes. By the end of the day I was quite confused. The good part is Renate at Echelon lake, She is the energizer bunny. She is kind, compassionate ,and an amazing sales person. We took the tour and noticed every one spoke to us. The rooms are the smallest we have seen but that is not as important as the kindness of the people in the facility. I took mom back a few days later for her to look around. She was a total grump but that didn't matter, renate doted on her and she finally came around. Renate gave her flowers and the staff provided a good lunch. We toured again and stopped to watch an Irish program in progress We noticed that the residents seemed happy and were participating in the program. Mom has not yet been excepted to the home We are waiting for a room to be available.

Photos of Brookdale Echelon Lake

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Echelon Lake

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Echelon Lake