The Residence at Voorhees

Reviews of The Residence at Voorhees

Assisted Living Reviews for The Residence at Voorhees

May 31, 2019

By Marian

It was was good, clean, and looks nice. The only thing we didn't like was the shower. It was a step-in and it was too high. It was a bit awkward and a fall-risk for the elderly. It wasn't flat where the person just walks in. The rooms looked like little apartments. They all had a lot of activities going on like gardening, singing, different people coming in, and they take them to places if they're able to go.

April 08, 2018

By Bob

It was nice. The contact person was very nice, and I enjoyed the tour. They were helpful to me and gave me a lot of information. The layout was nice. The rooms were better than I expected them to be. I expected it to be a little smaller. Everything was good. I could move in there myself. They had a lot of activities and great programs for these people. They had a big movie theater and a library. The facility was very clean.

February 07, 2017

By Darrell757514

My mother was here. It was a very comfortable and easy living place, and people were very friendly. She is a people person, so she gets along very easily with people. There was no odor to it, and everything was nice. My mother is in a wheelchair and was able to get around. They have different activities, such as bingo and games. They had a game room, lounge area, and a back area where you could sit out during the summer time. It was a nice place. The food was good. The atmosphere and people stood out.

October 06, 2014

We did visit. The rooms were very nice and very comfortable. The surroundings were beautiful, but they have very few patients in the memory care unit. We thought they were too isolated and that there was very little interaction. With their food, it didn’t look like there were any problems with that. Their cafeteria was very large and there were people who were being lectured on a topic of space travel. They have plenty of activities. The staff was excellent. Overall, I think the facility is great except for the memory unit area. I would recommend this facility for those who do not have memory problems.

June 30, 2014

By Cheryl35

We visited, and the staff was fine. They were wonderful. I really enjoyed talking to them. They were very helpful, informative, and they were excellent. The rooms were beautiful. It was just not right for my mother because my mother was coming from a 2,500 square foot house, and we couldn't put her into a 350 square foot room. She's not disabled, and she isn't really ready for that. However, the residents looked very happy and content. They looked very pleased with their environment. I told my mother that it was like a hotel. I liked it. I am a more of social person, and if I went into that situation, I would say, "Okay, let's play bingo or let's go on a bus trip!" because I am more of like my father. My mother is the opposite of me. She's a homebody and happy to stay home and watch TV. She doesn't want to meet new people. My brother and I had to go there and visit, and then we realized that it was not going to work for our mom. However, I said to my brother, "Bill, it will work for me. God! I'm 56, I can move in there! I'll be meeting the whole group!"

April 11, 2014

By Dottie2

The only thing I didn’t like is when you walk in the front door you are in the dining area. I didn’t like the thought of the front door opening and closing when people are trying to eat, but the facility is clean and neat. The people were wonderful and very nice.

February 15, 2014

By Harry19

I did like it, it was nice. The rooms were a nice size. Some of them were on ground level and they had a patio which was unique. Not very many of them had a patio. You could actually open a sliding glass door and go out onto a patio. That was different. The dining room was decent, they kept it clean. Everything was clean. The women went into a room and they were playing cards. Any afternoon, they could go down and have tea set up for them. They could have all kinds of teas and coffees if they wanted to. It was quite nice there also.

July 22, 2013

By Menta

Extremely friendly and attentive facility. My mother loves it there and I am happy that they keep me informed of her activities and difficulties. They are quick to respond with my questions and I feel very secure knowing that my mother is in good hands and being treated properly.

March 20, 2013

By Brenda6

Someone from here called and invited me to come with my mother to have lunch and a tour of the facility. The place was very nice, the staff was friendly, and the food was good. I like best that the location was very nice and so like the country where my mother lived, and it's not that far from the city.

Memory Care Reviews for The Residence at Voorhees

Questions about The Residence at Voorhees

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly retraining.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Residence at Voorhees. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active community with some residents aging in place.

What programs or activities does The Residence at Voorhees offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise classes, bingo, movies, casino nights, live music, happy hour, holiday parties.

What places are near The Residence at Voorhees or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Target, Acme, Ross, restaurants, movie theatres, beauty salons, fast food restaurants, all within a mile of community.

What transportation services does The Residence at Voorhees offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transportation to doctor's office within a 7-mile radius on Tuesday and Thursday. Scheduled transportation to supermarkets and/or stores.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Residence at Voorhees exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All day restaurant style dining offering daily lunch and dinner specials in addition to always available menu. Heart healthy offerings, fresh ingredients and made to order.

What safety features or security measures does The Residence at Voorhees offer to assisted living residents?

All residents have a personal security device.

How does The Residence at Voorhees keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Ongoing communication with families through email and text.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Residence at Voorhees during daytime and nighttime hours?

Based on acuity level of residents at the time.

If The Residence at Voorhees accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Accepts cats if they can be cared for by the residents and dogs under 30 pounds. Resident must be able to walk the dog and clean up after them.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Based on acuity level of residents at the time

What safety features or security measures does The Residence at Voorhees provide to protect residents who wander?

Secure Reflections memory care neighborhood.

When needed.

Describe the neighborhood around The Residence at Voorhees. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

On a wooded lot.

• Memory Care
  • Meal Preparation

• State Licenses: 15a006

About The Residence at Voorhees

Imagine finally having the time to do the things that make you happy: catching up on the best-seller list, getting out to the theater, learning a new language or just relaxing with friends. Imagine life without the worries and stresses of maintaining a home. Imagine you being you again.

This is the life that awaits you at The Residence at Voorhees, a beautiful community offering Assisted Living and Memory Care. Vibrant Voorhees is set on a lovely wooded parcel, with easy proximity to local shopping and the many recreational, cultural and historical attractions the area offers. Enjoy every amenity along with the impeccable service and hospitality.

Serving Voorhees, Berlin, Clementon, Gibbsboro, Laurel Springs, Lindenwold, Camden County, Greater Philadelphia, Lawnside, Somerdale and other fine communities.

Our community may be beautiful and well-maintained, but what truly sets us apart is a dedication to hospitality and service. Our community is your home, and you deserve to feel comfortable and attended to in a courteous, professional manner. To that end, we hire and train hospitality specialists who not only provide a great lifestyle, expert care and family atmosphere, but do so with an unfailing attention to service.

Map of The Residence at Voorhees