44 Assisted Living Facilities near Rio Rancho, NM
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rio Rancho area, with 12 in Rio Rancho and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rio Rancho is $3,490 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Los Lunas with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 358 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rio Rancho. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rio Rancho 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rio Rancho, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rio Rancho, NM
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rio Rancho
Rio Rancho, New Mexico has been recognized through the years as one of the best places to live in the United States. The City of Vision offers seniors a desirable community life as its dedicated Senior Services Division promotes positive aging. There are nine assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Rio Rancho and 34 in surrounding areas in Albuquerque. They are certified by the Program Operations Bureau and regulated by the District Operations Bureau, both under the Health Facility Licensing arm of the state’s Department of Health, Division of Health Improvement.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rio Rancho
- The arid climate in Rio Rancho is considerably pleasant year-round with a Sperling comfort index of 76, higher than the national average of 54. Its July summer average high is 91 degrees Fahrenheit, and the January winter average low is 21 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors get to enjoy an average of 273 sunny days every year.
- While New Mexico partially taxes income, social security checks, pensions and retirement benefits, these may be deductible for qualified seniors. Groceries and medicine are exempted from sales tax, and Rio Rancho’s cost of living is 7 percent lower than the national average.
- The crime rate in Rio Rancho is lower than both the state and national averages, making the City of Vision a safe place to live for seniors. It is safer than 45 percent of cities in the United States.
- Rio Metro offers seniors convenient means of getting around and beyond Rio Rancho. Residents who are at least 62 years old enjoy fare discounts on Rio Metro buses and New Mexico Rail Runner Express trains, and there's Dial-a-Ride available for door-to-door transportation. Seniors are eligible for discounted ABQ RIDE bus fares to and from Albuquerque. The Meadowlark Senior Center offers adults 55 and older free transportation to its sponsored activities, and Sandoval County runs an assisted transportation program that takes seniors to their scheduled health care appointments.
- The rich Hispanic heritage of Rio Rancho lets seniors enjoy an abundance of arts and culture events and activities. Some ALFs may arrange historic tours, museum visits and nights out at the Santa Ana Star Center. The Meadowlark Senior Center also holds an annual trip to the state capital for the Santa Fe Opera.
- The Rio Rancho area is home to world-class medical facilities including UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center and the Presbyterian Rust Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rio Rancho
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Rio Rancho start around $3,490 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rio Rancho and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rio Rancho
Centennial Care is the New Mexico Health Services Department’s Medicaid waiver program that pays for the cost of assisted living for eligible seniors in Rio Rancho.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rio Rancho
Rio Rancho and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rio Rancho, please visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rio Rancho
Rio Rancho-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rio Rancho, NM
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rio Rancho
Review of Life Spire Assisted Living - Rio Rancho, NM
We chose Life Spire Assisted Living for my sister because of the people that I spoke to there. They are taking care of my sister very well, and the staff has been very nice, and very helpful. They'... Read more
Review of BeeHive Homes of Rio Rancho
We went to BeeHive Homes of Rio Rancho. They were very kind and professional, the facility was beautiful, and we really liked it a lot, but my in-laws cannot afford to stay there. It was brand new.... Read more
Review of Harmony Residential Care, Inc
My mother was a resident for 4 years at Autumn Glow house, one of the 3 homes at Harmony Residential Care, Inc. She was in her 90's and had advanced dementia when she arrived. The home capacities ... Read more