Brookdale Tramway Ridge

4910 Tramway Ridge, Albuquerque, NM 87111
Brookdale Tramway Ridge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

We are currently offering 15% off base rate for all assisted living apartments! Ask about our Memory Care Renovation spotlight rate for MIs by 12/15/22!

Reviews of Brookdale Tramway Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Tramway Ridge

August 09, 2021

By Ann

Brookdale Tramway Ridge was a nice facility. We had a nice tour. They do not have any one-bedrooms. They jump all the way to two-bedrooms, and the two-bedrooms start at $7,500 a month (which took it out of our price range). The facility was nice, but it wasn't what I would consider nice for that price. The person who gave us the tour was very professional and very helpful. We stopped and talked with a nurse who gave us lots of information and was very helpful. They had only opened their doors outside visitors on Wednesday, the day before. They have not resumed activities. It was like 'Yes, we have activities. We offer them if our residents want them. Yes, we have a car; but no, they don't go to certain places yet.' All of it was contingent upon the Department of Health changing their rules, which is supposed to happen on the 1st. As of right now, it's still pretty, pretty limited. They did have an exercise room and an outdoor area, but I wouldn't call it a patio because it's been pretty exposed to the outside. They had an ice cream parlor. I did not see a library per say. Around the ice cream parlor, they have a TV. The staff said that they watch movies there. The layout was fine.

August 09, 2021

By Shirley

My father will be moving into Brookdale Tramway Ridge. I wanted someplace close to where I live, and it's very close. I could walk if I didn't mind hiking up here. It's a beautiful facility. The people were really friendly. I've been to old nursing homes where you walk in and you have the stench of urine and cleaning products, but it doesn't smell at all here. I was really thrilled about that. The residents were all smiling and happy. I brought dad by and they said hi. He will have a small studio. He has room for a bed, a recliner, his dresser, and a TV, and it comes with a kitchenette, a sink, a little refrigerator, and some counter and cabinet space. The bathroom is big. I guess it's designed for getting a wheelchair in and out, but dad is not in a wheelchair yet. He could probably age in place here. The food smelled fantastic. The business manager told me they try to do regional favorites around here like green chili, red chili, and posole. She says they have tamales on the menu, so I'm looking forward to that for Daddy. They say they have daily exercise that the residents are encouraged to participate in, an ice-cream parlor, and a happy hour on Fridays, which I thought was just awesome because Daddy loves to have a beer. I think he'll really do well with that, and it will give him a chance to be with everybody. I don't have any complaints. The staff has all been friendly and knowledgeable. We were moving furniture today, and people were getting out of the way or opening doors so we could move through, saying hi, and welcoming us to the place, so that was nice. It's beautiful, it’s very nicely decorated, the layout is nice, and it's easy to get from his room to the dining room. They do laundry for him. The barber/beauty shop is upstairs. There's an elevator. They have a really nice parlor type of thing where you can entertain your guests. They have a family dining room where you can have a private meal with a few friends or family, so you're not in the big area. I thought that was nice. Everything seems to work.

March 29, 2019

By Rosetta

Brookdale Tramway Ridge was a beautiful facility. The lunch we had was lovely. Everything was great. They were very kind to my neighbor. It was an absolute wonderful visit. The rooms were lovely. She's going there for a couple of weeks for a trial stay. The staff was amazing. The rooms were not big but very comfortable.

July 15, 2018

By JJR3

My wife and I visited this facility to explore opportunities for assisted living for her parents. We met Brittany, the Admissions Director, who spent two hours with us. She was very informative and gave us a comprehensive tour of the facility. Brittany answered every question honestly and completely, very professional! She had eleven years of experience at the facility and obviously believed in and was proud of the level of service provided there. Brookdale looks like it could be a good future option for our family needs.

January 31, 2016

By Debbie119805350

The Brookdale Tramway was very nice, and it was the one that we liked. It’s clean, and the rooms were very good. The staff was wonderful, too.

January 07, 2016

By Gaurdian1931

We were in the Brookdale system for a little over two years. I would not recommend any Brookdale facilities, mainly because of the appalling lack of communication. The evaluations they do to assess charges are completely subjective and now that we are at another facility, just plain wrong. No one ever calls you back and the hits just kept coming. The standard of care is low level, providing only very basic care. There are many other better options out there.

We are sorry to hear your experience with Brookdale did not meet your expectations and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents, and our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will review and share your feedback with our management team.

December 20, 2015

By Jeanne31

Brookdale Tramway Ridge has a dog who used to be a resident's animal. When the resident passed, the family members did not want the dog, so the dog stayed there. It was really neat; sometimes animals are a part of a lot of people's life, and to have an animal around, I think, kind of helps. It was just really neat that there was a friendly dog roaming around. Everything was really good; they had a very good presentation. The dining room was open and airy, not a claustrophobic place or anything like that. This one had a little age to it, as far as the memory care part, but that tells me they've been around for a while, and they're going to continue being around. They had an outdoor garden that the residents are able to go out and work in. Some of them go out and plant flowers, somebody else goes out and digs up the flowers, and then somebody else goes out and replants them again.

December 16, 2015

By Jeannie12

My mother's been in other places, and I wasn't satisfied with the care. The care at Brookdale seems to be very consistent, and since it's a nationwide company, things seem to run better. The environment is nice and clean, the employees are very consistent and well-trained, and the food is good. She's in the memory care unit, so they do a lot of different activities, like exercises and people that come in to play music, to get individuals involved. They have different games that they play and do outings.

December 04, 2015

By Granddotter

Other

My grandma was here for over a year and had multiple falls the last resulting in a broken hip. The staff was often absent and distant.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. We have shared your feedback with our regional management team.

May 06, 2015

We visited Brookdale, and we thought it was very impersonal and didn’t like it at all. I just met one person; she was a sales manager, and she was very business-like.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed when you visited Brookdale Place of Albuquerque. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback with our management team.

March 07, 2015

By Cathy102655950

Brookdale was very nice, but they only offered studio apartments -- which is what I want for my mother at this point -- but they were small, and I couldn’t put my mother in that kind of a limited space. I think what they were trying to do is take the residents out of their apartments so they would participate with the activities. The location was beautiful. It was looking at the mountains. I like the medication area. They had some features that we don’t have in the facility we are in. They had a round the clock RN and a physician who visits the facility. The problem was I could have maybe handled the smaller room had it cost less, but it was more than she pays now for a one bedroom. The staff was wonderful; I got to meet the activities director, the marketing person, and the RN.

February 25, 2015

The assisted living facility at Brookdale Place was very nice, clean, and very friendly. However, when mom got worse and had to go into an Alzheimer’s unit, it’s a whole different building and that one just reminded me of a nursing home. I was just not happy with the feel that I got.

October 27, 2014

By Carol4393

At Brookdale Place of Albuquerque, I like how many staff members they have. It was more than some of the other places. Also, the staff was just very responsive to the patients. The place was really well kept and very clean. At that time when I visited, they had singing going on and art therapy. I visited this place for my father. We ate there and the food was very good. The rooms were very clean and there was more space in a room than I thought it was going to be. Brookdale Place was more homey than the other facility.

December 12, 2013

I did check out Brookdale Place and the facility was very nice and very pleasant. It has a beautiful lobby and dining area. I could see that food looked good. The people were very helpful. There were several old gentlemen that were either seen on a couch or in a wheelchair. We were there for about an hour looking around and when we came back those guys were same there. They were just sitting there or sleeping. When we were walking by the rooms, there was one room and we saw a lady that passed out on her bed. We could see her pass out, spread eagle facing towards the door, and that was very concerning to me. The facility was great, but the execution was not that great.

November 26, 2013

By Trishana

I have found an assisted living for my father and he is set. Brookdale is close to my uncle. The staff is fantastic, the rooms are very nice but the food is terrible. There are lots of activities but my father chooses not to participate in them.

October 11, 2013

The minute we walked in to Brookdale, we had a very warm fuzzy feeling with this place. It has a homey feel to it. It is not like some other facilities that are so big and the hallways are like big huge motels that even I felt lost. It was not so structured that it felt stuffy. The facility specializes with dementia/Alzheimer's. The reason why we felt that Brookdale was more appropriate was because it was the layout of the facility more than anything and the program that they offer. The staff was very friendly and their interaction with their clients, their patients, was just very warm.

October 05, 2013

By Larry21

Brookdale Place has a newer building. It's clean and the rooms are more spacious than in other facilities.

September 26, 2013

By Lovely Wife

Brookdale Place of Albuquerque offered only assisted living and I wasn't interested with that. The staff were very nice to me when I went there but the facility is not something I wanted.

August 26, 2012

By Mrk C.

This place has an independent living to assisted living units. My parents stay in a bedroom apartment with a small kitchen. The apartment also has a very scenic view of the mountain. As of the moment, they are perfectly okay. They can still manage their everyday activities. I also observed that this place provides activities for their residents. We are contented of how things are going for our loved ones here. This place is highly recommended.

June 22, 2012

By dianaleazlee91

You walk in the door and the air just smells fresh and clean. You walk down the hallways and it doesnt feel like a hospital, or anything uncomfortable. It feels like a place that would be great to call home. The front desk receptionists are some of the friendliest people i have ever met, and they are willing to help you with absolutely anything you might need help with. The staff takes their time with each and every resident to insure that they are always happy and content. They have social gatherings, dinners, dances, and game nights. All the residents i met were extremly happy with their stay at Brookdale Place of Albuquerque.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Tramway Ridge

August 22, 2021

By Laurel

I went to Brookdale Tramway Ridge and thought their activity schedule was great. Their facility was good, other than the memory care was on the third floor and very far from my home. Their staff was excellent. The woman who gave me the tour was informative, and understanding. She knew where I was coming from. So, yeah, it was very good and the staff that was on hand doing some activities was very good, but I didn't like it because it's on the third floor. So for my husband to be able to sit outside at all would be difficult. They have outdoor spaces, but they have to be taken downstairs to do it. I mean, it's not like they can open a door and walk outside and sit outside. It requires the staff to go with them.

February 12, 2019

By Karen

My mother-in-law is in memory care at Brookdale Tramway Ridge. The staff has been very helpful. We've been working really well with the different individuals there. The only issue we had was getting copies of the paperwork we signed. The place is very comfortable and inviting, and we really like it.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Tramway Ridge

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

There is a monthly in-service for continuing staff educational training. We specialize in behavior management and redirection.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Tramway Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average assisted living resident is around 85 but our youngest is 65 and oldest is 100 years old! We love musical entertainment and leaving the community to lunch or a museum. We have a fairly active community.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Tramway Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our community offers activities that reflect the unique interests of our residents and is balanced to support our 6 dimensions of optimum life: Spiritual, Social, Purposeful, Physical, Intellectual, and Emotional wellbeing.

What places are near Brookdale Tramway Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located on Tramway Blvd, perfect to see the beautiful view of the Sandia Mountains from the windows of the community. We offer a lot of room for walking, including a courtyard.

What transportation services does Brookdale Tramway Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Tramway Ridge has a handicap accessible bus which allows for scheduled visits in a 10mile radius to various nearby doctors twice a week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Tramway Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Chef has traveled and prepared meals all over the world and brings his unique style to our home cooked meals. He does a great job in incorporating meals that our residents would like to have during menu chat. A unique resident led monthly meeting where residents give input on meals served. We also have a wonderful pastry chef.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tramway Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

Residents are checked in on frequently throughout the day. Brookdale Tramway Ridge also offers pendants so that residents and families have a peace of mind that their loved ones can always call for help in an emergency.

How does Brookdale Tramway Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our nurses offer care plan meetings with families so that we are always on the same page when it comes to their loved ones care. There is open communication so families can rest assure that they will be able to call any time to reach out staff.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Tramway Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff to resident ratios are based on acuity levels in the community. On average there are 2-3 care associates, and one medication aide in the community.

If Brookdale Tramway Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have many outdoor areas where pets can go out for a walk.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

There is a monthly in-service for continuing staff educational training.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tramway Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Tramway Ridge offers a stand-alone memory care and a crossings program which are two secured areas for residents who are wandering.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Tramway Ridge offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Clare Bridge program utilizes a person centered approach to create feelings of belonging and preserve their identity and sense of self. Our daily path program helps our residents develop and remember skills through clustered programming. There is also a solace program to add an additional layer to residents with advanced stages of dementia. We do our best to create a sense of normalcy.

We have an RN on staff who is our Health and Wellness Director that does a continuous evaluation of our residents in memory care, but this is a whole team approach. We utilize relationship care so our residents are typically taken care of by the same care associate so we are able to know our residents as an individual. Small changes are noted by our team as a whole and reported to our Health and Wellness Director.

What techniques does Brookdale Tramway Ridge use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our dining program is specific to each resident so that we are able to support our residents to remain as independent as possible through healthy consumption and decreased risk of weight-loss. Dining choices and menu options are tailored to the specific needs of residents.

How does Brookdale Tramway Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Tramway Ridge. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our memory care is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood with an enclosed courtyard and beautiful views of the mountain.

Costs for Brookdale Tramway Ridge

Photos of Brookdale Tramway Ridge

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Tramway Ridge

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

• Get Costs

About Brookdale Tramway Ridge

Brookdale Tramway Ridge provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Tramway Ridge