3 Assisted Living Facilities in Farmington, NM
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Farmington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Farmington 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Farmington, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Farmington New
Farmington is located in the northwest corner of New Mexico and is a commercial hub of the Four Corners Tribal Park — the only place in the nation where four states, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado, intersect at one point. This desert landscape is full of Native American culture that seniors can explore.
In the city of Farmington, seniors can choose from three assisted living facilities to suit their needs. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the New Mexico Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Farmington New
- Farmington has more sunny days than average for the United States and a higher rating on the year-round climate comfort index. The summers get hot, with an average high temperature of 90 degrees Fahrenheit in July, and the winter temperatures dip to an average low of 20 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Farmington gets about 1 foot of snow per year.
- The air quality in Farmington ranks 39 out of 100, where 100 is best. This is lower than the U.S. average of 58.
- The cost of living in Farmington is 6 percent below the national average. Groceries and utilities cost less than average, but health care costs slightly more in Farmington than the New Mexico or U.S. average. The price of goods may be slightly higher than the national average due to the higher sales tax rate of 7.6 percent.
- Farmington ranked number eight on a 2018 list of 25 cities where crime is soaring. The Farmington Daily Times reported the city has become "the most dangerous metro area in the state" due to a large increase in violent crime and increasing unemployment. The area is safer than only 5 percent of all other U.S. cities.
Red Apple Transit provides bus service throughout the area. Medicare and Medicaid recipients and seniors 65 and older pay half price for bus fare. Seniors with mobility limitations may be eligible to use the paratransit service.
- The Farmington area features many recreational activities and points of interest for arts and culture that seniors may enjoy. Independent outings or day trips with assisted living staff could include visits to the Museum of Navajo Art & Culture, the Indian Center Restaurant, musical performances at the downtown Civic Center and a variety of events at the Sycamore Park Community Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Farmington New
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Farmington start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Farmington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Farmington New
The Medicaid program in New Mexico, called Centennial Care, may cover the cost of assisted living for eligible seniors. Social Security Income (SSI) recipients living in ALFs may be eligible for an optional state supplement (OSS) for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Farmington New
Farmington New and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Farmington New, please visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Farmington New
Farmington New-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Farmington, NM
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Farmington
Review of Life Care Center of Farmington
I only inquired about the facility and I was transferred several times and those I did talk to were very unfriendly and jump to conclusions without being aware or knowledgeable of our situation...g... Read more
Review of The Bridge of Farmington
My mom is staying at The Bridge. They provide all her needs. They take care of her 24/7. Even when she doesn't want to do anything, they try and get her to do physical therapy, but they also give h... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Farmington
The care given to my mother appeared to be wonderful. When we visited her, she had an employee with her at all times, the workers were generally cheerful; however, the administration was difficult... Read more