5 Assisted Living Facilities near Montrose, CO
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Montrose area, with 3 in Montrose and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Montrose is $4,025 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Montrose. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Montrose 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Delta with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Montrose, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Montrose, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Montrose
Montrose is known as a gateway to Western Colorado and seniors who enjoy the great outdoors can get involved in fishing, hiking, golfing and stargazing. Around 19,000 people call the city home and almost 22 percent of residents are aged 65 and over.
There are five assisted living facilities in Montrose and nearby communities offering accommodation to seniors and they're administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Facilities that receive Medicaid reimbursements must meet additional requirements and are referred to as alternative care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Montrose
- The Montrose area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Montrose Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Montrose's overall crime rate of 51 crimes per 1,000 residents is higher than 95 percent of other communities in the U.S. Although the violent crime rate is lower than the Colorado average, the property rime rate of 49 crimes per 1,000 residents is 22 points higher than the state average. Seniors may wish to inquire about security measures in assisted living facilities that they tour.
- Winters in Montrose can be harsh, with an average low in January of 14 degrees and around 29 inches of snow each year, 3 inches more than the national average. This may keep seniors inside more than they'd like during the winter months.
- Colorado state, including Montrose, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
All Points Transit provides public transportation to people in Montrose. The Dial-A-Ride program is a door-to-door service, as well as fixed-route services around Montrose and to Olathe. Seniors are eligible for discounted fares on the fixed-route services.
- The cost of living in Montrose is 102 on the Sperling index, two points higher than the national average. Groceries in the city are more expensive than the U.S. average while transport and healthcare costs are lower. Dependign on their regular expenses, this may impact the budget of seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Montrose
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Montrose start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Montrose and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Montrose
Seniors in Montrose may be eligible for financial assistance through Colorado's Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD). This helps fund residents who are in alternative care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Montrose
Montrose and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Montrose, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Montrose
Montrose-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Montrose, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Montrose
Review of Montage Creek
So far so good. Helpful staff and caring. Mom has been there 4-1/2 months. Nice room accommodations. Taking care of her needs. Very nice atmosphere for assisted living, bright and cheerful. Read more
Review of Montage Creek
Brookdale Sunrise Creek is an awesome place. It is very friendly, very warm, and very welcoming. They have great staff and great activities. The other thing I love about this place is that you can ... Read more
Review of The Homestead at Montrose
My dad was at The Homestead at Montrose. I loved it because it was on the smaller scale. You get a sense of family from the minute you walk in. They had awesome staff, too. It was very warm and wel... Read more