Montage Creek

Reviews of Montage Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Montage Creek

May 30, 2017

By susie-s-243554

I visited Brookdale. I liked it except for their room, and it was so high priced that it was stupid. It's a beautiful facility, but their rooms were awful and yucky. However, the staff was great.

May 16, 2017

By whyisthishappening

The care and staff at Sunrise has deteriorated considerably. If it wasn't for legalities with siblings I would take my mother out in a heartbeat. Many times I have been there and there are no staff (Memory Care Unit) on the floor for 45 minutes or more. They only have one staff for each side. Not near enough staff, the food is terrible and Mom's room hasn't been cleaned in I don';t know how long. I have seen staff be abusive to residents. There are a few staff that are awesome but they never last...management doesn't treat their staff well. The final straw - taking a deceased resident out through the dining room while residents were eating!!!!! Unbelievable

December 29, 2016

By ReviewerGirl

Although Brookdale presents as a clean, impressive place full of activities, I would rate lower than one star if possible. During my Grandfather's stay, there were many breaches of confidentiality (information about my Grandfather to others and information about other residents to my family) and constant complaints about his "behavior," even though he was living in the memory care unit, which is supposed to specialize in those very behaviors they were claiming they couldn't handle. Staff was rude to my family and made that period of their lives much harder, and much more stressful than it needed to be. My Grandfather is now in a different facility that actually does specialize in memory loss and dementia and he is doing very well in a setting that treats him well and understands his condition. This new facility also charges much less each month and provides the services he needs without the daily negative reports to my family that Brookdale staff was providing. The facility welcomes visitors 24 hours a day and provides them with a code to get in and out of the facility as they wish. At Brookdale, visitors had to check in with the social worker and be escorted in and out of the building, which was a lengthy process at times. When we entered the living area, staff was usually talking amongst themselves or doing paperwork and not engaging directly with residents. When my Grandfathers "behaviors" became too much for Brookdale staff to handle, they required my family to pay outside one on one care, which was then frequently used to help other residents or help staff, as my Grandfather was heavily medicated and slept most of the time. I have heard of other residents who experienced similar circumstances and would never recommend this facility.

February 22, 2016

By Barbara120367250

I was very impressed with the community as well as the staff of Brookdale Sunrise Creek during my visit. The room that I saw was very clean and well laid out. It was pleasant, and I am considering this community.

December 10, 2015

By Lance6

Brookdale Sunrise Creek is pleasant, nice, clean, and odorless, which is very important. The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. We were quite comfortable with this facility. When we were there, the residents were in the dining room doing some stretching and some were playing. There was a guy guiding them through their activities. The dining area was clean, and the residents eating seemed to be happy and well fed.

July 20, 2015

I thought Brookdale was great, the interior was very nice, and the building was fairly new. The assisted living was very nice, and it was smaller, but the cost was a whole lot less. They give you three meals a day. The rooms were all very nice.

November 21, 2014

By Patti16

My visit with Emeritus at Sunrise Creek was very informative. They gave me a nice tour and gave me the information that I was looking for. It was clean and friendly. It had all the characteristics that I needed except my parents decided not to move here. The rooms looked small, but I thought they were functional. I thought everything was organized so that they were everything that the patient would need. They were just small for two people. It looked like it was more set up for a single person rather than a couple.

April 09, 2014

By Daniel De Freval

My mother in law just passed away last month, she had been a resident for about two years. We live in Ouray so we visited her several times a week. I have nothing negative to say about Emeritus. Every one involved did a splendid job. Barbara went in the memory care section for a while, she felt very satisfied there. I was touched by the dedication of the personnel. They really care and I am grateful for what they did.

August 24, 2013

By Maggie9

Frendly staff, great service, activities and food!

June 29, 2012

By Cille1

We chose this facility because Sunrise Creek if one of the 2 facilities that was available in our area that did memory care in a secured unit. The other one was father away. Sunrise Creek is also part of Emeritus family of homes and we had a good experience with the respite care in Arizona that we had which was also an Emeritus facility. I forgot the name but the ladies were very nice to come to my mother's house and did an evaluation and helped her made the transition into respite care. The people were really nice. So anyway, Sunrise Creek was very nice and clean. It's one of those transitional facilities that has Independent living, assisted living and then the memory care unit. I kinda like the layout. The food was pretty good. I only have one contact person, I forgot her name but she's like the Director of Marketing or something. The only problem that I talked to my Mom about was that they had a confusion about the medicine. One complaint that we have is that we've been trying for weeks to get my father a new doctor in the area and I know that the facility has nothing to do with this, but we can't get him his doctor who retired last year and they haven't replaced him yet. It's been probably been 3 or 4 weeks that his prescriptions are expiring and nobody seems to be able to move to do anything about that until he sees the doctor and he is really holding up the works. That was a little bit discouraging on our part.

June 23, 2012

By maryj123

Sunrise Creek was a safe, pleasant, and comfortable home for my grandmother. The staff was friendly and kind. They were always patient as well, which was a bonus because old women can get a little feisty sometimes. The facility is in good condition, is well kept. It also has lovely views of the San Juan mountains. Her single biggest complaint was the food, and the complaints were not baseless. Sunrise Creek does not have gourmet food. The day-to-day staff deserves to be commended for their care of the residents. My grandmother suffered from dementia and ultimately received hospice care while at Sunrise Creek. Management was not always as easy to deal with, especially with regard to residents who do not fit neatly into the Alzheimers' Ward vs. Independent Resident spectrum. All in all, the stay for my grandmother was very good, but I wish she could have loved her stay at Sunrise Creek, because those were her last days.

May 18, 2012

By Grandson5

Sunrise provided a safe, comfortable home for my grandmother. The staff was universally friendly and patient, despite the fact that she was not always the easiest resident to accommodate. The facility is in good condition, is well maintained, and has lovely views of the mountains.Her single biggest complaint was the food, and the complaints were not baseless. Gourmet food this was not.The day-to-day staff deserves to be commended for their care of the residents - my grandmother suffered from dementia and ultimate received hospice care while at Sunrise.Management was not always as easy to deal with, especially with regard to residents who do not fit neatly into the Alzheimers' Ward vs. Independent Resident spectrum.

Independent Living Reviews for Montage Creek

• Low Salt

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Montage Creek

At Montage Creek Independent Living, you’ll have time to do what you love — all without the responsibilities of homeownership. These apartment homes have spacious floor plans and modern features you want. The community amenities are here to enhance your experience – all at your own pace.

We all need help now and then. Assisted Living at Montage Creek offers individual programs to suit your needs today and as they change over time.

Amenities and Services:

The monthly rent provides you with the full maintenance of your residence and essential services that include:

• Daily Check-in System
  • Flat Screen TV
  • Guest Suite(s)
  • Meeting Rooms
  • Landscaped Grounds

At Montage Creek, we understand the specific needs of memory care and have a very experienced staff that is compassionate. We’re here to support engaged and meaningful living for you or your loved one.

At Montage Creek, you’ll experience a wide assortment of rental housing options – all at a great value to meet your needs now, and over time. Relax and enjoy the comfort of home without the expense and inconvenience of home ownership.

Map of Montage Creek