3 Assisted Living Facilities in Glenwood Springs, CO
Also serving communities of Rifle, Battlement Mesa.
The average cost of assisted living in Glenwood Springs is $4,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,635.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glenwood Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Glenwood Springs 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glenwood Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Glenwood Springs, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glenwood Springs
Situated in the Rocky Mountains and surrounded by a national park, Glenwood Springs may be the perfect retirement spot for seniors who love nature. In fact, about 12 percent of the town's close to 10,000 residents are 65 years of age or older.
To serve seniors' changing needs as they age, Glenwood Springs offers two assisted living facilities. These facilities are known and licensed in Colorado as assisted living residences.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glenwood Springs
- When budgeting for assisted living, seniors may find it useful to compare a city's living costs against national and state averages. In Glenwood Springs, the cost of living is 42.6 percent higher than the U.S. average and 10.6 percent higher than the Colorado State average.
- Glenwood Springs is home to a vibrant art and cultural scene, offering endless possibilities for senior outings and day trips from assisted living communities. Nearby attractions include dinner theater at the Glenwood Vaudeville Review and exhibits at the Glenwood Springs Historical Society and Frontier Museum.
- The Glenwood Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Valley View Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pollutants in the air can have serious health effects, especially in older adults. Seniors in Glenwood Springs can breathe easier knowing that the town's air received passing grades for ozone and particle pollution levels.
- When it comes to tax policies, there is bad news and good news for seniors living in Glenwood Springs. The bad news is that Social Security and other retirement income is taxable. The good news is that people 55 and older get a generous deduction, which increases when they turn 65.
- Year-round public transportation by bus is available courtesy of Ride Glenwood Springs (RGS), which has stops throughout the city and the downtown area, as well as in shopping centers and neighborhoods. RGS also links seniors to regional transportation, including Amtrak and Greyhound Bus Lines.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glenwood Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Glenwood Springs start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glenwood Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glenwood Springs
Seniors in Glenwood Springs might qualify for public financing for assisted living services if they meet age, income and other criteria set by the state of Colorado. This public financing is in the form of Medicaid waivers known as the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Community Mental Health Supports and the Elderly, Blind and Disabled Waiver. Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income may also be able to get an Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glenwood Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Glenwood Springs
Review of Renew Roaring Fork
I toured Renew Roaring Fork. It was a very nice tour. I enjoyed it very much. I thought it was very helpful. They showed me several apartments, studios and larger. I'm not interested in a big apart... Read more
Review of Creekside Assisted Living LLC
Upon first visiting Creekside Assisted Living LLC, my first thoughts were what a peaceful little place for those who need help getting around. My uncle wanted to stay at this facility but due to ce... Read more