8 Assisted Living Facilities in Santa Fe, NM
Also serving communities of Los Alamos, Serafina, Las Vegas.
The average cost of assisted living in Santa Fe is $3,763 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 57 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Santa Fe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Santa Fe 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Santa Fe find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Santa Fe, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Santa Fe, NM
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Santa Fe
The city of Santa Fe is the fourth largest city in the state of New Mexico and has a population of 82,927. Around 26 percent of the population is aged 60 and up. To accommodate this sizable senior community, Santa Fe offers seven local assisted living facilities (ALFs) to help provide residents with assistance on activities of daily living (ADLs), medication management and social activities. Each facility is licensed and regulated by the New Mexico Department of Health, Division of Health Improvement, Health Facility Licensing and Certification Bureau.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Santa Fe
- Residents may find the cost of living difficult to manage in Santa Fe, which is rated a 117 compared to the national average of 100 and the state median of 95. This higher cost is due primarily to an increased housing market, which may not be problematic for seniors. Low-income seniors can save money on expenses like groceries, health care, utilities and transportation compared to both the national and state averages.
- Locals in Santa Fe experience lower violent crime rates by 74 percent and property crimes by 2.1 percent. However, seniors should consider the 188 percent increased crimes per square mile compared to other cities in New Mexico before moving here, making it only 18 percent safer than those communities.
- Seniors living in Santa Fe may find it difficult to manage the cold nighttime temperatures that have average year-round lows between 17 and 54 degrees. However, with little rainfall and short winters, residents may be able to participate in more outdoor daytime activities than those in other areas.
- The city of Santa Fe is known for its exceptional air quality, which the air quality index registers as 17 percent better than the national average. Additionally, 85 percent better pollution levels make it easier for seniors with respiratory illnesses to breathe.
- The Santa Fe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, Santa Fe Indian Hospital and The Endoscopy Center of Santa Fe, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Santa Fe has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Division of Senior Services, an organization that helps seniors remain active in their community and promotes independent living through recreational opportunities and social events at several local senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Santa Fe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Santa Fe start around $3,763 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Santa Fe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Santa Fe
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Santa Fe
Santa Fe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Santa Fe, please visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Santa Fe
Santa Fe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Santa Fe, NM
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Santa Fe
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe
Pacifica Senior Living in Santa Fe is an impressive facility. They have a well designed facility. The rooms are spacious and the grounds are beautiful. The many activities they provide to the resid... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe
this facility is barely affordable to us. it has a cold feeling. Covid precautions are not very good, we walked in being neither interviewed nor having our temperature taken. patients walk around ... Read more
Review of The Legacy at Santa Fe
we were not able to visit the facility in depth because of Covid restrictions. the facility was very nice with a cheerful atmosphere. Covid precautions were good and the planned expansion of the fa... Read more