BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

6401 Corona Ave. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque (855) 525-0708
PROMOTION! 28 days

Holiday Honey-Bee Special: Now through the end of the year get $600 Off Community Fee

Reviews of BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

Assisted Living Reviews for BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

September 05, 2016

By Rebecca860342

My brother-in-law is at BeeHive Homes of New Mexico. Services run the gamut from independent living to hospice. There are four cottages that are like homes; each one has about 12 people living in it. The rooms are very roomy. Each one has its own bath. The facility that he's currently in is very new. The staff is wonderful and very attentive. All of the residents wear one of those little alert bracelets. The food is wonderful. The setting is very homey. There are tons and tons of activities.

February 26, 2015

By Vicki33

Beehive Village was very good. They were more into assisted living, and my dad didn't quite need that level of care yet. That is probably the only reason he didn't go with this one. They have activities there. They had people come in doing exercises with them. They had their puzzles. They are not quite on the same level of activities at the other facility.

January 31, 2014

Mom is in Beehive Village for three and a half weeks now. We choose it because we need a smaller place where the staff can monitor her more quickly and they can watch her more carefully. I like the facility and it probably holds only 14 residents. It is nice, clean and welcoming. They let us walk in at any time. It feels like another home to go to. I like the staff. They are very willing to listen to what we need and want. They are friendly. My mom is in a house with a bedroom. Their dining room is small because there aren't that much residents there. But it is in an intimate house setting and I like it. The food is really good. They take them out around town on a bus to do things. They do impromptu bingo and physical therapy activities. They welcome suggestions from the residents and they try to work things out. The only that I have struggle with them is that the price is high. It is more expensive that a lot of other places, but that I think because it provide more direct care.

Memory Care Reviews for BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

September 10, 2022

By Barb210

There are some staff who go above and beyond and I wish they could be cloned. I have no idea why some of the others are there. My sister's stuff is constantly going "missing". Especially her cell phone which is her lifeline to her family. At this point, I am not real thrilled with the care she is getting there. Her mental and physical health seems to have gone downhill since she has been there. It breaks my heart and I feel so guilty every time I leave her.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff is required to complete weekly ongoing training courses which are completed online. Many of the ongoing online training includes modules focused on dementia and memory care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Currently, our average resident age is in their late 70s and early 80s. We enjoy playing cards, drawing, and playing other group games together.

What programs or activities does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque offer to enrich residents' well-being?

There are morning and afternoon activities every day. In the morning, many times the residents will read the paper and then discuss the world and local events with our caregivers and each other. Drawing, painting, and games that help increase hand-eye coordination are also favorites among the residents. Walks in the courtyard are safe and fun.

What places are near BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have sidewalk surrounding our community with a covered furnished patio and a large, covered patio for outdoor BBQs. We are not within safe walking distance of anything

What transportation services does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque offer to assisted living residents?

Currently, no transportation services are offered by the home. Family members often visit and take their loved ones to visit friends, appointments, or to grab a bite to eat.

What makes the chef or dining program at BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We leverage Grove Menus to build a dietician-approved menu for our residents. Meetings are held each month to make changes to the menu based on what residents like or dislike. The residents' feedback is always taken into consideration.

What safety features or security measures does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque offer to assisted living residents?

A pendant emergency call system is available for all residents to use at no additional cost. This system will notify the caregivers of exactly which resident is in need of assistance. There are also security cameras in all entryways and hallways (and no cameras are located in the residents' private room or private bathroom).

How does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Direct phone calls and texts are the main way we stay in touch with the families of our residents. We also maintain a FaceBook page that highlights activities and the general on-goings of the home.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque during daytime and nighttime hours?

During the daytime we staff 1 care giver to 7 residents. During the evening, we staff 1 care giver to up to 15 residents.

If BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept dogs and cats case by case. Pets are allowed in the residents’ rooms and outdoor patio areas.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the daytime, we staff 1 care giver to 7 residents. During the evening, we staff 1 care giver to up to 15 residents.

What safety features or security measures does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque provide to protect residents who wander?

The cameras in the home found in the main entryways and hallways provide extra protection to residents who may wander.

What programs or activities does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Group discussions and activities help the residents to be engaged. These discussions may include world and local news, hobbies, interests, professional career highlights, and fond family memories.

A doctor's assessment is needed before move-in. After move-in, our registered nurse will also perform an assessment within 14 days. This assessment is then done every six months - unless there is a significant change in the health of the resident, in which case an assessment would be done at the time of change.

What techniques does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We love and encourage our residents to eat together in the dining room for the additional socialization and support of memory care residents. Of course, eating in the dining room is optional and all meals can be enjoyed in the privacy of their room.

How does BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Any changes in health will be immediately communicated to the resident's primary point of contact via a phone call.

Describe the neighborhood around BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a residential neighborhood, 5 minutes away from shopping and restaurants.

Is BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospitals, but we are 5 minutes from Journal Center Healthcare Center and 11 minutes from Lovelace Medical Center. We partner with many hospices and home health care agencies for ongoing nurse visits and additional support services

Costs for BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

Photos of BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

Services and Amenities of BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Minimum Age: None

• Get Costs

About BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque

beehivehomes.com

BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque assisted living offers a smaller home with 12-16 rooms for a homier more comfortable atmosphere, yet having plenty of privacy for our residents. We have family-style living with a large open dining room and living room so our residents can have plenty of contact with other residents and our caregivers.

Accommodations & Services

• Family home environment
  • Private room (furnished or unfurnished) with individual three-quarter bathroom
  • Large room accommodates an individual or a couple
  • Pendent emergency call system
  • Cable TV access (requires a cable-ready set)
  • Private telephone jack or use of house phone
  • Inviting large living room, dining area, kitchen, patio, porch, and convenient bathing area
  • Home-cooked meals
  • Linen, laundry, and daily housekeeping services
  • 24-hour care and assistance
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal care, and other activities of daily living
  • Medication administration and assistance
  • Individualized and group daily activities
  • Excellent resident to staff ratios to ensure personalized care
  • Trained staff, including dementia care
  • Both senior assisted living homes and Alzheimer’s/dementia secured assisted living homes, for cognitively impaired residents
  • Electronic security in Alzheimer’s/dementia secured assisted living homes and enclosed yards and patios.
  • Additional BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque Services Available (payable to service provider):

• Home Health Care Agency and Hospice services
  • Nursing services provided by a Home Health Care Agency
  • Private Phone
  • Beautician/Barber services
  • Pedicures
  • What Makes Us Special

There may come a time when your loved one needs more care than you are able to give at home. Should this happen, we have one of the best places for your loved one to live. At BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque assisted living, you can feel comfortable that your loved one is in the best hands, safe and secure.

Map of BeeHive Homes of Albuquerque