7 Assisted Living Facilities in Bowling Green, KY
Also serving communities of Russellville.
The average cost of assisted living in Bowling Green is $3,011 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bowling Green. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bowling Green 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bowling Green, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Bowling Green, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bowling Green
Bowling Green, Ky., is the birthplace of Duncan Hines and the home of the Corvette and Mammoth Cave National Park. Seniors looking for social activities outside of their assisted living community will find many fun things to do in Bowling Green, from the racetrack to the arboretum. There are six assisted living facilities in the Bowling Green area to help residents with all aspects of their day-to-day lives, such as eating and bathing and recreation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bowling Green
- With an average annual temperature of 58 degrees Fahrenheit, the weather in the Bowling Green area is usually mild. The average summer high temperature of 89 degrees and average low winter temperature of 26 degrees show the weather in Bowling Green rarely ventures into the extremes.
- The cost of living in Bowling Green is 8 percent lower than the national average, making it a relatively affordable place to live. The only higher expense is utilities, which run 4 percent higher than the national average.
- The violent crime rate in Bowling Green, at 3.54 per 1,000 residents, is higher than the rate in most U.S. communities of all population sizes. The rate for property crime is 44.92 per 1,000 residents, compared with the state rate of 21.9.
- The Bowling Green area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital and The Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Bowling Green is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Bowling Green has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Warren County Senior Center, an organization that encourages seniors to socialize, exercise and engage in a variety of programs, as well as two other senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bowling Green
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Bowling Green start around $3,011 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bowling Green and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bowling Green
No programs assist with the cost of assisted living in the state of Kentucky. The Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) states that due to the way that assisted living communities function in the state, Medicaid is not an appropriate program to fund them.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bowling Green
Bowling Green and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bowling Green, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bowling Green
Bowling Green-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bowling Green, KY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bowling Green
Review of Fern Terrace
As soon as you walk into the entrance, there is an enclosed porch filled with cigarette smoke. It looks very disorganized and dirty. The staff is very unprofessional and rude. They threw away my re... Read more
Review of Chandler Park Assisted Living
My mother moved into Chandler Park Assisted Living. It's a new place, it's clean, and the people are nice. Their accommodation is very nice. The staff is great and friendly. They have lots of activ... Read more
Review of Charter Senior Living of Bowling Green
We saw Charter Senior Living of Bowling Green, and we're going to take my mother-in-law there. It was a very good tour, the director took us around, he was very patient, introduced us to the reside... Read more