Chandler Park Assisted Living

Reviews of Chandler Park Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Chandler Park Assisted Living

September 12, 2012

By HKD

I visited the chandler park assisted living facility to meet a friend. I did not find her in our usual place and was worried about her, so I thought, why not pay a visit to find out how she was doing. The facility was very and well maintained and the staff were also very helpful. They greeted me with a smile and answered my questions. My friend is a very active person and after being to that facility, I felt that it is a very good place for her to be at. They have couple of good activities every day and I think she enjoys them. I had a chance to have lunch with them and the food was quite tasty. The amenities that were provided were pretty impressive and am sure that the activities, amenities and the staff would make my friend feel like home. My friend was feeling better by the time I visited her and she was happy meeting me.

June 28, 2012

By mary629

y mother in law has been at Chandler, I'm almost certain, since they opened. She dearly loves everyone there, the staff, the other patients and even the other patients family. Before she went she was very adament about NOT going, but it was just getting to the point that she had no choice. Once she finally went, it took her a few weeks to get into the hang of things, but now, we probably would have to drag her out kicking and screaming. She has never been an extremely active person, socially, but while being there she has made several friends. She enjoys the games they provide and the activities they do. Her health is in such better shape too. Not just physically but mentally also. It is great to see her in this shape. We were worried we would lose her way to soon. Now we know she is well taken care of and in great hands.

June 30, 2011

By Shanesgurl1987

Upon visiting this facility I found the staff to be very friendly and professional. It had a home like quality about it. The patient I was there to see had been visiting with friends upon my arrival. I loved the fact that she was out and about upon my arrival. The staff assisted me in her transfers, they assisted me in cleaning her when necessary, and the also checked in periodically to make sure that we were okay if they had not heard anything from us. I loved that they were so concerned with the patient well fair that they took it upon themselves to check on us.

Questions about Chandler Park Assisted Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Chandler Park Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age from 75 to 105. As always, our population is usually made up of more women than men, however, we also have several married couples. We have a very active social program, so our night time outings are a big hit, but nothing surpasses our love for BINGO!

What programs or activities does Chandler Park Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our life enrichment program is second to none! We offer something for everyone! We have an active group of residents with many talents. I'd encourage you to take a look at our Facebook page to get some idea of our activities and events.

What places are near Chandler Park Assisted Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are within walking distance of the Social Security office, the mall, Dollar General, a bank and several upscale hotels.

What transportation services does Chandler Park Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 15 passenger van for transportation. We do require that transportation is scheduled in advance due to our active social program.

What makes the chef or dining program at Chandler Park Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All of our meals are home-made. Our dining program includes a farm-to-table initiative that has been extremely well received by our residents. We also have an "always available" menu for those times when you just want something special.

What safety features or security measures does Chandler Park Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

Our community is fully camera monitored and all exit doors are alarmed. We insist that all visitors sign-in at the front desk to ensure that we are aware of who is in our home.

How does Chandler Park Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Chandler Park, we know that communication is key to excellent care. We utilize all resources from email, text to good ole fashioned phone calls. We also utilize a 52 q/a assessment form to identify any changes in the needs of our residents and that is shared with resident, family and/or responsible party.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Chandler Park Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

We average around a 1:14 staffing ratio. However, assistance is just a push of button away. All residents are provided a pendant to alert staff of any assistance needs.

If Chandler Park Assisted Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are allowed in the common areas of our community as long as the pet is controlled by the resident and poses no risk to other residents. We honor our residents' personal preferences where pets are concerned. Of course, all pets have to present a thorough report from the veterinarian to ensure the pet is appropriate for senior living and all required immunizations are current. We have a secured courtyard and a designated dog run on the property.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Education and training is a priority for every member of our staff. We have an extensive new hire training program that is completed within the first 90 days of employment and an extensive mandatory training class annually, in addition to monthly department-specific training and in-services.

What safety features or security measures does Chandler Park Assisted Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We understand that wandering behaviors occur as dementia and cognitive disorders progress. We are proud to offer memory care for our residents when the need arises. Our 38 unit memory care is thoughtfully designed to offer freedom and security in a home-like environment.

Costs for Chandler Park Assisted Living

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 20090411403

• About Chandler Park Assisted Living

We are Bowling Green’s premier provider for assisted living. A highly compassionate and trained staff is available 24 hours a day to meet your needs. With your choice of spacious, private, studio, one, or two bedroom suites; we have the right suite for you. Sit and reminisce in your courtyard while listening to the soothing sounds of the fountain. Meet some friends for ice cream or a milkshake in the ice-cream shop. Set aside some time to get your hair done in the beauty/barber shop. Or simply enjoy some the many Life Enriching activities held throughout each day. Come and experience Chandler Park Assisted Living; assisted living as it was meant to be.

Dignity - No one wants to lose their dignity. At Chandler Park Assisted Living we strive to do everything we can to support our residents and give them the assistance they need while allowing them the room to maintain their dignity.

Respect - Respect is earned and our residents have earned the right to be treated respectfully. Our staff is trained to treat our residents with the honor they deserve as our elders and our friends.

Peace of Mind - Have peace of mind at Chandler Park Assisted Living. We care for our residents as if they were our own family. We’re always just a phone call away if family members have questions.

Independence - Remaining independent is healthy. The more a person can do for themselves as they get older the more it stimulates their mind. We focus on creating an environment where personal independence can be achieved.

Our goal is for you to get the most out of your Chandler Park Assisted Living experience. One way we do this is by forming a partnership with you and your family. Through these partnerships, we will work together to determine what support and assistance you want and require. We will then tailor a service plan designed to target your specific wants and needs. Regular partnership meetings will be held to ensure all your needs are continually being met.

Map of Chandler Park Assisted Living