14 Assisted Living Facilities near Gallatin, TN
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gallatin area, with 4 in Gallatin and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gallatin is $3,285 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 74 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gallatin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gallatin 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mount Juliet with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gallatin, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Gallatin, TN
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Gallatin, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gallatin
Located along the banks of the Cumberland River just northeast of Nashville, Gallatin is the county seat of Sumner County and home to more than 40,000 people. Seniors aged 65 and over make up 15.3% of this population, and accommodations for many of them are available at four assisted living facilities in town and nine more facilities located in the surrounding areas.
These locations are officially recognized as either assisted care living facilities or residential homes for the aged by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gallatin
- Due to the quality of the air in Gallatin, seniors can breathe easy. The American Lung Association gives Sumner County, where Gallatin is located, a passing grade for annual particle pollution and a B for ozone pollution.
- Gallatin has a wet and humid climate with relatively chilly winters and hot summers. The city averages 52 inches of precipitation per year which is 14 more than the national average. Seniors who enjoy outdoor activity may find this climate a bit inhibiting.
- Seniors and their families may find Gallatin to be a bit more expensive than other locations in Tennessee and the rest of the country. The cost of living is 8.8% higher than the national average of 100 and 12.6% higher than the state average.
- Since Tennessee, where Gallatin is located, does not have a standard state income tax, income from Social Security, retirement accounts as well as public and private pensions is not taxed at the state level. This means seniors can put more of their income towards assisted living if needed.
- Gallatin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Fitness program, an organization that promotes mobility and physical wellness as well as one senior center.
- The Gallatin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sumner Regional Medical Center and Saint Thomas Heart, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gallatin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Gallatin start around $3,285 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gallatin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gallatin
The TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care Program may provide some funding for assisted living services for those who need financial help in Gallatin. It's available for seniors who qualify for the state's Medicaid system.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gallatin
Gallatin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gallatin, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gallatin
Gallatin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gallatin
Review of Brookdale Gallatin
Such a caring staff with trustworthy nurses that provide amazing care to all the residents. The building is clean and smells good too. The rooms are updated and kept clean. Really love the personal... Read more
Review of Morningside of Gallatin
We found Morningside for my friend and she plans to move there. I liked that it's small. They take the residents outside in the garden, they read stories, and they have a piano. They serve three me... Read more
Review of Brookdale Gallatin
Refreshing to find a local place with such a happy atmosphere. The new management team is really working with their hearts putting the needs of the residents first. Impressed with the executive dir... Read more