37 Assisted Living Facilities near Hermitage, TN
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hermitage area, with 3 in Hermitage and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hermitage is $3,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Madison with an average starting cost of $2,703.
To help you with your search, browse the 187 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hermitage. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hermitage 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mount Juliet with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hermitage, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hermitage, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hermitage
Hermitage draws its name from Andrew Jackson's historic home, which sits adjacent to this Metropolitan Nashville community. Nashville has 669,000 people, including those in Hermitage, and 11.2% of them are aged 65 and over. For those seniors in the area requiring assistance with the tasks of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities in Hermitage, with 31 more in nearby communities, such as Nashville and Hendersonville.
In Hermitage, and all of Tennessee, the Tennessee Department of Health, Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, licenses and regulates assisted care living facilities and residential homes for the aged, as these facilities are known in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hermitage
- Given the city's crime rates, seniors may want to inquire what security is in place at facilities they tour. Hermitage's violent crime rate is 56.6, more than double the national average, and its property crime is 56.2, about 20 points higher than the national average of 35.4.
- The temperatures in Hermitage range from 27 to 89 degrees, and there are 208 sunny days per year, on par with the national average of 205 days. Only three inches of snow falls here per year, which may suit seniors who don't like cold weather.
- Regarding the cost of living, both the national average of 100 and the state average of 96 are lower than Hermitage's average of 107. High transportation and housing costs may impact the budget of family members moving to the area to care for loved ones in assisted living.
- On a scale of 1 to 100 (best), Hermitage's air quality is 52, somewhat lower than the national average of 58. This is based on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment, which measures hazardous air pollutants. Seniors with COPD and other respiratory conditions may have more difficulty breathing here on certain days.
- Tennessee is tax-friendly toward retirees. The state doesn't tax seniors, including those in Hermitage, on Social Security income, withdrawals from retirement accounts or pensions.
- The Hermitage area is home to world-class medical facilities, including TriStar Summit Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hermitage
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Hermitage start around $3,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hermitage and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hermitage
Residents in Hermitage and all of Tennessee can receive financial assistance for assisted care living facilities through the state's Medicaid 1115 waiver, known as the Long-Term Services and Supports CHOICES program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hermitage
Hermitage and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hermitage, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hermitage
Hermitage-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hermitage, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hermitage
Review of Charter Senior Living of Hermitage
Charter Senior Living of Hermitage looked nice. It's very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room my father will be in is a little smaller than what I wanted, but they have availability. I ... Read more
Review of McKendree Village
There was a patient that tested positive for the COVID-19. The patient was my mother’s neighbor. They are not sanitary. They do not clean rooms on a daily basis, nor do they wear a mask or gloves. ... Read more
Review of Kempton of Hermitage
The Waterford in Hermitage was one of our two picks. The staff was very friendly, it was clean, there was a lot of activity, and the all people we met in the hall seemed happy and active. They have... Read more