Brookdale Belle Meade

Reviews of Brookdale Belle Meade

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Belle Meade

July 31, 2014

By Lovely Lady 0000022

We're just very happy with Homewood and my mother-in-law is happy there too. They're very good. The best thing about this place is that I think they just really take the time to know you as a person and as a family. I just love the staff. Also the place in itself is beautiful. It is just really nice. The food is excellent. They have a top chef there. They have family night and everybody can come and eat with them once a quarter. We just did that and the food was excellent. The thing that struck the most about this place was the atmosphere. There was something about the warmth there from the first time I saw it. At Homewood, they would re-do the room as the client moves in. My mother-in-law loves her hardwood floors in her home, so they put them in for her in her room and we didn't have to pay extra for that. They are there to please however she wants her room to look. They are there to really make it her own place.

March 18, 2014

By LovelyLady0000058

I liked the location of Homewood, the look, the environment and the people that I met. My dad has been there a month. They seemed very caring and they were very responsive to me in answering my questions and calling me back on time and making us feel welcome. They sometimes fell short, but they were always willing to listen and try to improve. I think they’re doing a good job. The rooms are pretty standard and felt very clean. The facility is nicely arranged and my dad likes it. He got a small room because he didn’t feel he needed much more. It had a nice view and had lots of light. My dad complains about the food, though.

January 31, 2014

By Harriet3

Homewood was nicer than the other facility. It was more inviting and on a larger scale. It was very clean and very orderly. They also had nice and accommodating staff. Their rooms were spacious and very clean. I have a lot of sewing machines and stuff and there wasn't enough space in one of their rooms, but they offered to find me a place at the end of the hall for my stuff and I thought that was very accommodating of them. Regarding the kitchen though, it was the same situation as with the other facility, there was just a microwave and a little refrigerator. However, the dining room was beautiful. They would offer snack food from a buffet 24 hours a day and that was nice. In terms of activities, they did have a schedule everyday, sometimes outside the facility and sometimes in. You can choose to participate or not.

July 31, 2013

By John9543

We visited Homewood but we feel we're not ready for it. They showed us the accommodations and the dining facilities. You don't cook in your own apartment so the dining facilities are available to you at different times of the day. The showed us the kitchen and the menu. It wasn't brand new but it was nice. The lady we met, Shiela was very accommodating. They have a recreation area and scheduled activities. The area outside is very nice, it's up on a big hill and it's all surrounded by trees and a lake.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Belle Meade

Questions about Brookdale Belle Meade

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We require all associates to have monthly dementia training on topics required per TN State regulations.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Belle Meade. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Art therapy, church events, shopping, entertainers, cooking demos, lunch outings, movies

What programs or activities does Brookdale Belle Meade offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We focus on the six dimension of Optimum Life (Physical, emotional, purposeful, spiritual, social, and intellectual

What places are near Brookdale Belle Meade or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping

What transportation services does Brookdale Belle Meade offer to assisted living residents?

We offer schedule transportation to appointments 2 days a week

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Belle Meade exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a fine dining experience restaurant style and they have 2 entrée choices for each meal as well as choices from an always available menu.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Belle Meade offer to assisted living residents?

Staff present 24/7 and all doors are locked from outside, front door locked at 11:00pm-6:00am

How does Brookdale Belle Meade keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We complete Family connection calls to touch base each month with families and nurses call and speak to families with any changes in conditions or physician orders.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Belle Meade during daytime and nighttime hours?

If Brookdale Belle Meade accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and there is plenty of green space to access for their fur babies.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-services on required topics that are regulated per TN State Regulations

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We staff according to the Service Alignment benchmark which is based on the care plans for individual resident needs.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Belle Meade provide to protect residents who wander?

Those AL communities that are not secured, we require those that are a wander risk to be evaluated and transferred to sister Memory Care Community.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Belle Meade offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer 7 day a week programming and Resident Care Associates also have time to lead programs in small cluster groups for more of a small quaint setting.

Health and Wellness Coordinators assess their care plans every 180 days or change in condition.

What techniques does Brookdale Belle Meade use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

All hands on deck during all meal times. This is includes all management team to ensure they experience a positive dining experience. Those that need to be assisted with feeding, we use the hand over hand feeding technique to ensure their dignity.

How does Brookdale Belle Meade keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Belle Meade. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a business district

Is Brookdale Belle Meade affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital, we refer to the local hospitals and work their social workers.

Photos of Brookdale Belle Meade

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Belle Meade

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Brookdale Belle Meade

Brookdale Belle Meade provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Belle Meade