Nashville is a large city in Tennessee that is known as the home of country music. The city has a population of about 692,000 people, and 11.7% of those residents are aged 65 and older. Seniors in the city have access to excellent medical care facilities, such as Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a teaching hospital that is nationally ranked by USN in nine different procedures. Nursing home care costs in Nashville are relatively low, according to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020. A semi-private room in Nashville has an average monthly cost of $7,270, which is lower than the national average of $7,756.

Nursing home care provides 24/7 medical care and assistance for seniors with chronic illness or disabilities that have left them frail and unable to care for themselves. This type of care is generally expensive, and family members may want to look at care alternatives, such as assisted living and home care services, if nursing home care is not necessary.

This guide looks at the costs of nursing home care in Nashville and neighboring cities. It also provides a few resources that may be of use to seniors and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Nashville, TN

Bethany Health Care Center

421 OCALA DRIVE, Nashville, TN, 37211

A very clean and nice place , some of most of the staff are awesome Amber is 1 person whom i will never shes an angel and always puts me at ease when it comes to my mom, Brenda is on point, Lacey is v … (read more)

Richland Place

500 Elmington Ave, Nashville, TN, 37205

My husband was a resident of Richland Place. His room was just like a cubicle. There were 2 to a room and he didn’t have a window to look out. It was just like a hole to a wall and it was kind of depr … (read more)

Belcourt Terrace Nursing Home

1710 BELCOURT AVENUE, Nashville, TN, 37212

I visited Belcourt Terrace on behalf on my uncle. My uncle and I was very pleased with Belcourt. We found it to be very clean and professionally ran. The employees were very friendly and eager to ass … (read more)

Lakeshore Heartland

3025 FERNBROOK LANE, Nashville, TN, 37214

The staff took a really good care of my loved one. Everyone from housekeeping and dietary to nursing and administration were very attentive and demonstrated compassion. Management seems to be very in … (read more)

Blakeford at Green Hills

11 Burton Hills Blvd, Nashville, TN, 37215

My father lived in Blakeford at Greenhills for a couple of years. He went from assisted living to the nursing home. The nurses were not good, but some of the techs were better. The nurses in the nursi … (read more)

Greenhills Health and Rehabilitation Center

3939 HILLSBORO CIRCLE, Nashville, TN, 37215

I recently had a relative who was a patient and I was very disappointed by every aspect of our family’s experience here. The made a very trying and difficult time so much worse than necessary by den … (read more)

Trevecca Health Care Center

329 MURFREESBORO RD, Nashville, TN, 37210

For safety’s sake, I will refrain from using personal pronouns. My relative told me that the people assigned to take care of my relative were the kind who would retaliate with violence if they determ … (read more)

Cumberland Manor Nursing Center

4343 ASHLAND CITY HWY, Nashville, TN, 37218

So…..I went home to Nashville to see my Mom yesterday, at her facility. Covid is still flocking through the home….new cases every day. They have cut out smoke breaks, the only time she sees outsid … (read more)

Bordeaux Long Term Care

1414 COUNTY HOSPITAL RD, Nashville, TN, 37218

I hate this place. I don’t like the care they gave my mother there. She was therr from this past January until August 28th 2017 until she died in hospice care there. The last few days of her life the … (read more)

Crestview Nursing Home

2030 25Th Avenue, Nashville, TN, 37208

I am currently a patient in Crestview. Been here a month. Physical threapy rates 5 star: RN’S a 4 star: Techs a 2 to 3 star depending on the person and the shift. My room is cleaned everyday. I hav … (read more)

West Meade Place

1000 ST LUKE DRIVE, Nashville, TN, 37205

Signature Healthcare of Madison

431 Larkin Springs Road, Nashville, TN, 37115

Nhc Place At The Trace

8353 Highway 100, Nashville, TN, 37221

The Heritage at Brentwood

900 Heritage Way, Brentwood, TN, 37027

Simply beautiful and breathtaking southern comfort at it’s very best. The only thing missing is the Mint Julep. The staff was friendly and the residents are enjoying this stage on their life’s journey … (read more)

Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village

1250 Robinson Road, Old Hickory, TN, 37138

My mom was at Life Care Center for rehab for a week. I think it was a great place, and I was very impressed with them. The rooms were very appealing, they were light, and they had everything that she … (read more)

McKendree Village

4347 LEBANON ROAD, Hermitage, TN, 37076

If I could put zero stars I would. My mother was brought here from the hospital, and to say it was a real life nightmare would be putting it lightly. My mother was mistreated from the moment she got t … (read more)

Creekside Health & Rehabilitation Center

306 W. Due West Avenue, Madison, TN, 37115

This facility is horrible staff is over worked the hallway smell like urine patient lights going off longer the an hour. Staff don’t have the proper supplies to care for patients. My family member w … (read more)

Vanco Manor Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

813 S Dickerson Road , Goodlettsville, TN, 37072

If you love or even like your loved one please do not put them in this place. Our father was sick he went to the hospital on February 3, 2020. He had an infection in his hand that was clearing up re … (read more)

Grace Healthcare of Whites Creek

3425 KNIGHT DRIVE, Whites Creek, TN, 37189

wife was there for 5 days was the worst time she ever had. gave her a wheelchair to be transported to dialysis that is meant for a child got stuck in it, she was put in the wheel chair hour before pic … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Nashville, Tennessee

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Nashville is $7,270 for a semi-private room and $7,908 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using the average monthly cost of a semi-private room as a point of comparison, nursing home costs in Nashville are about $500 per month lower than the national average. The cost of care in Nashville is slightly higher than the statewide average of $7,072.

The average cost of nursing home care is similar in Memphis ($7,300) and Jackson ($7,209). However, nursing home care costs are lower in Clarksville ($6,753), Cleveland ($6,844) and Morristown ($6,844).

$7270

Cleveland

$6844

Morristown

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Family members may find it useful to compare the costs of other types of senior care in Nashville to find the option that best suits their loved one’s needs. The most economical care option is adult day health care, at an average monthly cost of $1,788. Assisted living has an average monthly cost of $3,720. Both home health aide services and homemaker services have an average monthly cost of $4,185. Nursing home care is the most costly option, at an average monthly cost of $7,270 for a semi-private room and $7,908 for a private room.

$1788

$7908

Nursing Care ( private)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Nashville, Tennessee

Free Resources for Seniors in Nashville, Tennessee

These resources may be of assistance to seniors in the Nashville area who want to remain independent in their homes for as long as possible. Some of the resources can assist those wanting to move into a nursing home in the near future.

ResourcesContactServices
Medicare Counseling1-877-801-0044The SHIP program is funded by the Federal Government and assists seniors with Medicare benefits. Volunteers provide unbiased information to help seniors choose the best plan for their needs. All services offered by the program are free, and assistance is available 24/7.
Senior Ride(615) 610-4040Senior Ride Nashville is a nonprofit organization that matches seniors who require transportation with volunteer drivers in the area. To be eligible for the program, seniors must be aged 60 years and over, unable to drive and without access to a vehicle. There is a small fee for each return journey, but financial assistance is available for those who cannot afford the fees. Transportation is provided to a range of destinations, including medical appointments, social services, banks and grocery stores. All rides must be booked at least a week in advance to ensure that a driver is available.
Meals on Wheels(615) 850-3910The Meals on Wheels program provides hot meals to homebound seniors in the Nashville area. To be eligible for the program, seniors must be aged 60 and over and no longer able to prepare meals for themselves. There is a small charge for each meal, and financial assistance is available. Volunteers provide a smile and a safety check when they deliver the meals each day.