Located in scenic Middle Tennessee, just 15 miles east of Nashville’s city center, Mount Juliet supports vibrant senior living through access to seemingly endless shoppingdining and entertainment opportunities. Retirement-friendly tax laws, comfortable weather and low crime rates make it a good option for seniors aged 65 and older, an age group that makes up 12% of the city’s 37,000 residents

Assisted living facilities in Mount Juliet are ideal for seniors who want to maintain their independence but need some help with daily living activities. These facilities feature housing, meals, recreational activities and housekeeping and laundry services, providing a maintenance-free lifestyle that enables residents to continue pursuing hobbies and interests. The Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey reports that on average, local facilities charge $3,720 per month, which is high compared to the statewide median but affordable compared to the national average.

This guide provides in-depth information on obtaining assisted living services in Mount Juliet. It features an overview of the benefits and drawbacks of living in this city, information on how local facilities are licensed and pricing information for senior care options. It also includes a resource guide to help older adults find services in the community.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Juliet, TN

Maristone at Providence

140 Providence Trail, Mount Juliet, TN, 37122

Maristone at Providence was very nice. The staff member took us to the memory care and assisted living parts. We saw the one-bedroom and studio apartments. They were all clean and very nicely set up. … (read more)

Harmony at Mt. Juliet

103 Belinda Parkway, Mount Juliet, TN, 37122

Harmony at Mt. Juliet was a beautiful place. It was great. I’d do it in a heartbeat if I could afford it, but it was just way out of my price range. The staff members were very friendly. The rooms wer … (read more)

Carrick Glen Senior Living

100 Carrick Court, Mount Juliet, TN, 37122

We went to Carrick Glen Senior Living. I like the people that we met. The building had a new edition for assisted living, so we like that. Also, it’s very quiet and not right next to any major roadway … (read more)

Providence Place of Mt. Juliet Senior Living Community

1020 Charlie Daniels Parkway, Mount Juliet, TN, 37122

My mom is in assisted living at Providence Place of Mt. Juliet Senior Living Community. It was very clean. The staff is fine. I haven’t tried the food, but my mom likes it. Activities are pretty limit … (read more)

Red Cedar Glen

202 Walton Ferry Road, Hendersonville, TN, 37075

I went to Red Cedar Glen last year. We are familiar with it, and we have another family member there also. They have large rooms compared to the other places, a dining area as well, and they have form … (read more)

Clarendale at Indian Lake

195 Indian Lake Blvd, Hendersonville, TN, 37075

What my wife and I enjoy about Clarendale is the attention paid to residents from the staff. The building and amenities are very nice as well. We love all the ice cream socials. There are also many as … (read more)

The Hearth at Hendersonville

419 East Main Street, Hendersonville, TN, 37075

The Hearth at Hendersonville was exceptional. Their amenities are fabulous. They are welcoming. They have followed up with me a million times. I’m already on their email list to get daily activities, … (read more)

American House Lebanon

801 West Main Street, Lebanon, TN, 37087

American House Lebanon is located in the town center of Lebanon, Tennessee, near a variety of stores, restaurants, banks and other amenities. The facility has an activity room, a dining hall, a librar … (read more)

Main Street

674 East Main Street, Hendersonville, TN, 37075

I’m in Main Street. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The nurses are great. The meals are medium. They only take you to a doctor on Tuesdays on their bus; otherwise, you get there some other way … (read more)

Sage Hill Maybelle Carter

208 West Due West Ave., Madison, TN, 37115

I toured Sage Hill Maybelle Carter for my uncle. It was beautiful. I loved the layout of it. I met the staff, and it was very nice. The walkthrough was fine and everybody was willing to help me. They … (read more)

Wilson Manor

900 Coles Ferry Pike, Lebanon, TN, 37087

Wilson Manor was very nice and clean. The people were friendly. I was impressed. They showed us an apartment that somebody was currently living in. It was very nice. They had activities. They had some … (read more)

The Capstone at Station Camp

108 Miss B. Blvd, , Gallatin, TN, 37066

My mom will be moving into The Capstone at Station Camp. It had excellent reviews. It is closer to my home. It is very elegant and very well laid out. They have outdoor areas for dining, visiting, and … (read more)

Brookdale Gallatin

400 Hancock Street, Gallatin, TN, 37066

Brookdale Gallatin was nice. I went there to visit a very dear friend. I didn’t particularly like the lunch service setup. Whatever you had did not matter, like that day they were serving hotdogs and … (read more)

Charter Senior Living of Hermitage

4131 Andrew Jackson Parkway, Hermitage, TN, 37076

Charter Senior Living of Hermitage looked nice. It’s very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room my father will be in is a little smaller than what I wanted, but they have availability. I put … (read more)

American House Hendersonville

1020 Carrington Place, Hendersonville, TN, 37075

I visited for my mom. I went to both assisted living and memory care. I really liked the staff, they were caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. The rooms were small, pretty small. They have a nice … (read more)

The Opal at Music City

2733 McCampbell, Nashville, TN, 37214

My husband is at The Opal at Music City. The outside needs a lot of work, but the inside is very nice and the residents are all smiling, so that’s always a good sign. The caregivers are very active wi … (read more)

Kempton of Hermitage

3778 Central Pike, Hermitage, TN, 37076

The Kempton is a well maintained facility with wonderful staff. As a volunteer I can see that they put their best foot forward to care for the residents and offer activities that are interesting and … (read more)

Azalea Trace Assisted Living

4107 Gallitan, Nashville, TN, 37216

This is very much a servant leadership ran assisted living. The sense of family and community that is at work between the staff and the people living at AT is very evident as you spend time visiting … (read more)

Park Place Retirement

31 Executive Park Drive, Hendersonville, TN, 37075

I went to Park Place Retirement. They were pleasant. They had a hobby train area where guys or girls could play with trains. That caught my eye because my dad was a train hobbyist. It was several floo … (read more)

Cadence at Rivergate

94 Twin Hills Drive, Madison, TN, 37115

My mother is in Cadence at Rivergate. I like the environment. I like the staff the best. I hadn’t found anything that I did not like so far. She hasn’t been there that long, but everybody seems to be … (read more)

COVID-19 Rules for Assisted Living in the Mount Juliet

Since most COVID-19 rules for Assisted Living Communities and other Senior Living Facilities are set at the state level, you can view the specific rules for your state on our Guide to Assisted Living in TN. Keep in mind that every community has specific policies that they put in place to protect their residents, so you should contact your local community for more information. Additionally, you can contact your local Area Agency on Aging to learn more – find contact information here.

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Juliet

The Tennessee Department of Health, Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, licenses assisted living facilities in Mount Juliet and the rest of the state. It enforces a range of regulations related to intake and discharge procedures, care planning and staffing to ensure residents enjoy a high standard of care.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Juliet

• Mount Juliet is a relatively expensive place to live. On a 100-point cost of living index, the city rates 112.2, compared to the regional score of 96.7, the statewide score of 87.6 and the national score of 100. Its increased cost of living is primarily due to its high housing and transportation costs, which seniors may be able to avoid by transitioning to assisted living.
  • Mount Juliet is a safe community with low crime rates, making it an attractive option for older adults. Current and historical data shows that its violent crime rates are well below state and national medians, as well as cities that are nearby or have similarly sized populations. On a 100-point index, violent crime rates 14.3 compared to the national score of 22.7, and property crime is similarly low at 27.3 versus the national rate of 35.4.
  • Mount Juliet is fairly pleasant throughout the year, particularly during the spring and autumn months when the majority of days have low humidity levels and temperatures ranging between 70-85 degrees. The city sees 51 inches of annual rainfall, with May being the rainiest month, and it gets just 4 inches of snow annually, which may appeal to those who rely on mobility aids.
  • Healthcare is expensive and somewhat limited in Mount Juliet and may be a consideration for those managing chronic conditions. Overall, healthcare costs, such as doctor’s office visits, hospital stays and dental care, are about 10% higher than the national average. There are approximately 99 physicians per 100,000 people, which is less than half of the national average of 210 physicians and may result in longer wait times to see doctors and specialists. Three hospitals are located within 15 miles of Mount Juliet, including Tristar Summit Medical CenterTristar Hendersonville Medical Center and Tristar Centennial Medical Center
  • Tennessee doesn’t have a state income tax, meaning seniors only pay federal taxes on retirement income from pensions, Social Security and retirement savings accounts. However, the state’s sales tax rate is among the highest in the country.

Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Juliet

Nationally, assisted living rates average $4,300 per month, and in Georgia, care tends to be considerably cheaper at $3,500 per month. Mount Juliet is high compared to the rest of the state but very competitively priced relative to the nation as a whole at $3,720 per month.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

Assisted living services in Mount Juliet are competitively priced at $3,720 per month. Even so, some surveyed cities have cheaper care, including Jackson, where rates are closer to the state median at $3,667, and Morristown, which has some of the lowest care costs in the state at $3,435. Mount Juliet is an affordable alternative to pricier communities, such as Clarksville, where assisted living facilities charge $4,190 per month, and Chattanooga, where rates exceed the national average at $4,515.

$3720

Clarksville

$3667

Jackson

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Assisted living is among the cheapest senior care options in Mount Juliet at $3,720 per month. Adults who live in their own homes may obtain more cost-effective care through adult day health care, which offers congregate meals, recreational activities and personal care in a daytime community setting for $1,788 per month. Homemaker services, which have a similar scope of care to assisted living, and home health aide care, which also includes skilled nursing, both cost $4,185 per month. Nursing homes charge $7,270 per month for shared rooms and $7,908 for private rooms, making them the most expensive senior care option in Mount Juliet.

$4185

Adult Day Health Care

$3720

Assisted Living Facility

$7270

Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)

$7908

Nursing Home Facility (private room)

Note: Care cost data for Mount Juliet was not available, so data for the closest city, Nashville Area, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Juliet

The TennCare CHOICES program, part of the Tennessee Medicaid program, can help qualified seniors pay for the cost of assisted living in Mount Juliet. Seniors must already be on Medicaid to qualify.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Juliet

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Juliet

Seniors in Mount Juliet can access a variety of agencies and programs to help them make informed decisions regarding their long-term care and financial assistance options. The following resources include social and recreational programs, health insurance counseling and advocacy services that promote seniors’ quality of life.

Resource Contact Service
Greater Nashville Regional Council Area Agency on Aging (615) 255-1010 The local AAA administers a range of free and low-cost services to older adults, including transportation services, meals and nutrition counseling and information and referrals for services in the community. The agency also provides civil legal advice, assistance and representation to older adults who need help resolving issues, such as Social Security overpayment, denied Medicaid claims or canceled Medicare policies.
Long-Term Care Ombudsman (615) 253-5412 The statewide long-term care ombudsman program advocates on behalf of seniors who reside in assisted living facilities. Seniors can contact the ombudsman for help with researching local facilities, identifying options for paying for care and resolving issues related to care planning and intake or discharge procedures.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program  (877) 801-0044 SHIP is a free program that’s administered by trained volunteers who provide health insurance options counseling for those who qualify for Medicare. Through this program, seniors get one-on-one help with understanding Medicare benefits and comparing Medigap and Medicare Advantage plans and long-term care insurance.
Mt. Juliet Senior Activity Center (615) 758-9114 The Mt. Juliet Senior Activity Center hosts social and recreational programs for area residents aged 55 and over. At this center, which is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., seniors participate in activities such as games, aerobic exercise, trivia and congregate meals.
Wilson County Veterans Service Office (615) 444-2460 The county’s Veterans Service Office screens veterans for eligibility for benefits that may help cover assisted living expenses and help them apply for pension programs, disability compensation and the Aid and Attendance Benefit.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Juliet

Mount Juliet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Juliet