30 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Juliet, TN
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Juliet area, with 4 in Mount Juliet and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mount Juliet is $4,020 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hermitage with an average starting cost of $3,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 144 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Juliet. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Juliet 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Mount Juliet find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Juliet, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Juliet, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Juliet
Mount Juliet is a suburb of Nashville and puts country-music-loving seniors a quick and easy 17-mile drive from downtown Nashville. Of Mount Juliet’s nearly 35,000 residents, 12.4 percent are age 65 and older. Mount Juliet offers seniors three assisted living facilities that provide a comfortable, secure environment in which to receive support with the activities of daily living. An additional 25 assisted living communities are found in nearby cities, including Hermitage, Hendersonville and Madison.
Assisted care living facilities (ACLFs) in Mount Juliet, as in all of Tennessee, are licensed and regulated by the Department of Health’s Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, Office of Health Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Juliet
- Mount Juliet has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Mount Juliet Senior Activity Center, which offers dozens of classes along with theater, music and choir groups. Seniors can also do some traveling through the center, with fun day and overnight trips to nearby cities and states.
- Active seniors who enjoy outdoor adventures will appreciate the good air quality in Mount Juliet. The American Lung Association awards Wilson County an “A” grade for low ozone pollution.
- The Mount Juliet area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tennova Healthcare Lebanon, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Mount Juliet is about 23 percent higher than the national average. While seniors may pay about 10 percent more for healthcare, grocery costs are about 10 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- Security-conscious seniors can appreciate that Mount Juliet’s violent crime ranking of 14.3 is much lower than the U.S. average of 22.7. Property crime here is also lower than the national average of 35.4. Mount Juliet scores a 27.3 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high crime.
- Seniors who don’t care for excessive humidity and precipitation should consider that Mount Juliet receives, on average, 51 inches of rainfall annually. This is much higher than the U.S. average of 39 inches. July’s high averages 88 degrees, and January’s average low is 27. For these reasons, Sperling’s Comfort Index for Mount Juliet is 56 out of 100.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Juliet
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Mount Juliet start around $4,020 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Juliet and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Juliet
Tennessee’s Medicaid, known as TennCare, helps pay for assisted living through a a Medicaid Waiver Called the TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care Program, or CHOICES.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Juliet
Mount Juliet and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Juliet, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Mount Juliet Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Juliet
Mount Juliet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Mount Juliet, TN
Other Options in Mount Juliet, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Juliet
Review of Providence Place of Mt. Juliet Senior Living Community
My father was in Providence Place of Mt. Juliet. They were very caring, clean, and the dining was good. They stayed on top of things. The staff was very helpful in a lot of ways, and they take care... Read more
Review of Maristone at Providence
Maristone at Providence was very nice. The staff member took us to the memory care and assisted living parts. We saw the one-bedroom and studio apartments. They were all clean and very nicely set u... Read more
Review of Maristone at Providence
My in-laws are at Maristone at Providence. The care is good. They like it there. It's always very clean, they keep the housekeeping up, and they respond to calls quickly. The food is good, and the ... Read more