Red Cedar Glen

Reviews of Red Cedar Glen

Assisted Living Reviews for Red Cedar Glen

September 19, 2016

By Tom548615

Brookdale was a nice facility, but the cost was what we are missing. The primary caregiver for my mom looked liked it’s gonna fall through. The staff was nice, they had great amenities, and there were a lot of people there. They do games, and they had really nice grounds and common areas.

December 16, 2015

By Hovis

Brookdale Hendersonville is all on one floor, and it was quite widespread, which is a problem because you will be required to do too much walking. But it was a very nice facility. The services they offer are quite good. They have medical professionals on site.

December 08, 2015

By annoyomous

They will tell you everything you want to hear before you move there & be at your beck & call for any questions. Once they get you moved there everything changes. The nurses are nice. The meals are terrible, maybe one good one a week. The management doesn't return calls. They never do anything they say they are going to do. Our family member has only been there a short time & he wants to move. Looking for another facility. Talk to other residents & their family members before you move your loved one here.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their loved ones. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

November 11, 2015

By Mary115432950

Brookdale Hendersonville was much older and didn’t smell very good when we went in. The people were nice. The apartments were tiny, and the location was kind of far out; even though it was in a nice location, it’s still very rural.

January 13, 2015

By anonymous100986350

We chose the Pennington Place because the price is right, and it is not far from where I live. The people are very nice, and the place is clean. They have a two-bedroom apartment which I really like, and my parents are happy there. They love the apartment, so that is great. They serve 3 meals a day, and the big meal is at lunchtime, but they were disappointed with the food. They said it is lousy, and they get very small portions. They have games, and somebody comes to play music.

November 23, 2013

By oldnhappy

If you like eating breakfest at 8am, then a big lunch at 11:30 and then a snack for dinner at 4;30, and then waiting till 8am to eat breakfest again than this is the place for you. New people moveing in get nice new upgraded appartments. The people that have been here still have appartment that were never renovated. we always come last, even when it comes to work orders. the new appartments come first or top priorty, They run out of their main dish sometimes so if you are last to be served you get to eat a salad and if you don't like salads you go without. That just the way it is. Staff is friendly when you first arrive but once your in who cares. Nurses are great. Rooms are great. Nice to be on one floor. There buss takes you doctors appointments and trips to stores. All the hollidays are wounderful except Veterains Day, nothing. If their food was better I would give it a 4 star.

September 30, 2013

By Brenda22

My mother-in-law had been at Pennington Place for a while in their assisted living area. The staff were very good and very polite. The apartments were very nice and big, but I just didn't seem to see people coming out. It was more of a quiet and reserved place. I just think they need to get the residents get more involved, let them get together, and have each other's company.

August 25, 2013

Pennington Place was really nice. I visited this place for my mom. It was a nice tour. The staff was good and nice. It was all good. I like it.

August 07, 2013

By Robert45

Pennington Place was very nice and very clean. Their rooms were adequate. The staff was knowledgeable.

October 29, 2012

By Karen22

My family and I have been very pleased with the care my grandmother has received at Pennington Place. We hated the idea of placing her in a nursing home or really anywhere other than home. The staff at Pennington Place has quickly become a second family. They look after my grandmother as if she was their family as well. The facility is always clean, and the food they offer is excellent. The many activities keep my grandmother busy when we can't be with her. I am very grateful for the caring staff. It is such a relief to have found a place where she can be cared for and be so happy.

June 02, 2011

By gerryw4655

Friend or relative of resident

My aunt has been there for 2 weeks. At first they told us that she would have a telephone in her room. Now they say that she can only have a phone when she gets acclimated to the surroundings. I said "what if it takes her 2 years to get acclimated?" The reply was " then it will be 2 years before she gets a phone". Not nice people.

May 26, 2011

By LisaHuard

Friend or relative of resident

I really did not want to put my grandmother in this place, but I had no other choice and it seemed like the best place out of all of the ones I looked into. They did provide excellent service and when I visited her every weekend she would tell me the good and the bad of being there. The good was always higher than the bad. She would talk very highly of it, she was never bored, she was able to see and talk to friends very often, she had things to keep her entertained, but the one complaint she always had was that there wasn't always someone there for her.. as in if she needed help, or had a question, it would always take awhile for someone to come to her. She said she thinks they are short staffed, and I asked about that to an employee and she did say they have more residents than their small staff could handle, but they were in the process of getting more employees. I surely hope they did because if so this place would be amazing for someones loved ones.

Independent Living Reviews for Red Cedar Glen

December 29, 2013

We visited Pennington Place in a day when they were having an open house and a garage sale with our son and his wife. It was a Saturday afternoon and they had live music going on outside the parking lot. It was a very festive type of day. We ate there and we saw two-bedroom units. The real plus in their units was that you could reach them from the inside hallways or you could park your car outside the door. The personnel manager that I talked to was very nice. But as for anybody who could come to the room, we hadn't met them. I wanted to do this while we were both able to make the decision. If we knew which one we wanted to go into, it would be easier for our son to make the decision. But we were still both able to drive though he's 79 and I'm 75. But since we wanted to get out of the homeowner thing, we just said its time to make a move. One of the things we were looking at independent living was if when we could not live independently anymore, we would like to be home. The worst-case scenario for me was Alzheimer's at this point and Pennington Place had a vision that if you had Alzheimer's, you would just went down a different hallway. I thought that was a plus.

September 29, 2013

By John71853750

Pennington Place was very nice. We liked it for one major reason. It was single level and you had a ground entrance into whichever apartment you might have. The staff was very nice and very polite.

September 23, 2013

By Robert70578550

My visit at Pennington Place was good. Everyone there was really nice. It was a good place. It was also clean. I like how it was laid out. I like their apartments. I would give this facility a high rating.

August 13, 2012

We visited Pennington Place of Hendersonville together with my husband. They have a beautiful and wonderful place. This community caters a restaurant-like dining area. The staff that we spoke with was extremely helpful. They are very accommodating. They toured us to the place, and from what we saw the residents looks really happy and it feels like home. We are looking forward to be in this home-like environment. I will definitely recommend this facility to others.

March 09, 2012

By Rick2

My grandmother was a resident for several years at Pennington Place. She was very happy with the facilities in general. She enjoyed her room, and felt it was spacious enough, even though she had a very large house. She was satisfied with the number of activities scheduled for the residents. One particular thing I remember her enjoying is the decorating of their doors for holidays (e.g., Christmas). She would be so proud when she 'won' the competitions. And my mother (her daughter) would always help her and that gave them additional time together. I also remember how friendly the staff was and how they respected the autonomy for the residents. The facility also provided transportation to places like the grocery store, pharmacy, etc. This took some of the time burden from our family members. My grandmother was very active in many social circles, and the various outside activities (e.g., outings to events, parks, theaters, etc.) gave her lots of social interaction and exciting things to do in her week. I will always appreciate what the staff did for my grandmother individually, and in general for their residents.

Questions about Red Cedar Glen

What places are near Red Cedar Glen or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have 4 parks and Old Hickory Lake within a 2 mile radius from the community. There is shopping, the public library, the YMCA, the Hendersonville Senior Citizen Center all within a 2-8 minute drive.

What transportation services does Red Cedar Glen offer to assisted living residents?

We have a wheelchair accessible 10 passenger bus and also a Ford Flex wagon that is used for resident transportation.

What safety features or security measures does Red Cedar Glen offer to assisted living residents?

We have emergency pull cords in the bathrooms and in the sleeping area of all the apartments. We also have an in-house phone system. Residents may dial “0” on their phone and get the front office during the day and security at night. There is a concierge/security person on campus from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM.

If Red Cedar Glen accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do take dogs and cats. There is a courtyard with a pet stake anchored for residents to put their pet on. They may walk them all around the property and may bring them throughout the community on a leash. The only place pets are not allowed is in the dining rooms.

What safety features or security measures does Red Cedar Glen provide to protect residents who wander?

WE do not take wandering residents. We are a non-secure community for independent and assisted living.

Costs for Red Cedar Glen

Photos of Red Cedar Glen

Services and Amenities of Red Cedar Glen

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Red Cedar Glen

A Community Crafted to Suit Your Needs

Situated on eight expansive acres in Hendersonville, our senior living options embody the best of Tennessee to make you feel right at home. Seniors all over Sumner County find a deep calm and sense of home in our Independent Living and Assisted Living options in Hendersonville, near Nashville, TN.

At Red Cedar Glen near Nashville, TN, we pride ourselves on putting your needs and preferences at the forefront. We take the time to listen to your story and understand the things that motivate and fulfill you. Each team member is trained to customize and accommodate with hospitality always in mind. With a variety of one-and-two-bedroom floor plan options, you choose the environment that suits you best and go on to make that space your own.

You’re sure to find that at Red Cedar Glen, opportunity is plentiful, friendships are easy to find and you are always a priority. As a nonprofit community, we invest in our people – residents, families and team members – in order to deliver an ideal senior living experience.

Superb Services. Accommodating Amenities.

• Beautifully Landscaped grounds
  • Private dining room
  • Postal services
  • Porch
  • Flat screen TV
  • Resident program center (game room/arts & crafts/computers)

Independent Living

At Red Cedar Glen, we work day in and day out to maximize your independence. We encourage you to do what you can, and we’ll handle the rest. Gone are the worries of home maintenance, upkeep and other demanding tasks. After all, you have more important things to do.

When you live at a community like Red Cedar Glen, each day is an adventure. Our community is conveniently located near shopping centers, golf courses and other local attractions, so you’re more than welcome to take a trip, or two. We’ll even provide transportation if you wish.

You’ll enjoy resort-style services and amenities that make life a whole lot easier. Our restaurant-style dining satisfies every appetite and distinct taste. Fitness classes and wellness programs are easy to access and physically, mentally and emotionally beneficial. And all these accommodations allow you to focus your time on the things that matter to you most.

Assisted Living

At Red Cedar Glen in Hendersonville, TN, we’re happy to assist you or your loved one with activities of daily living such as personal care, housekeeping, medication reminders and transportation. More than that, we assist in helping you find a greater sense of purpose in your days. Team members use a customized approach, addressing needs while infusing personal preference into daily care.

For our employees, this is much more than a job, duty or responsibility – it’s an opportunity to serve others wholeheartedly and support the aging population. This mission rings true within all Eagle Senior Living communities across the country.

We are known for our warm and welcoming community and that means our residents flourish! We are a one-story building with no stairs or elevators.

Map of Red Cedar Glen