3 Assisted Living Facilities near Springfield, TN
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Springfield area, with 2 in Springfield and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Springfield is $2,722 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Springfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Springfield 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Springfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Springfield, TN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Springfield, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Springfield
Located in Middle Tennessee, the small historic city of Springfield is the county seat of Robertson County and lies about half an hour from Nashville. Two assisted living facilities in Springfield and another 10 in nearby communities provide multiple options for local seniors who need assistance with personal care, taking regular medication on a consistent schedule and daily activities of living. In Springfield, as in all of Tennessee, assisted living communities are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Health and are referred to as assisted-care living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Springfield
- Springfield has a mild, temperate climate with cool winters and warm, humid summers, so area seniors can enjoy outdoor activities year-round.
- The cost of living in Springfield is 15.9 percent lower than the average cost of living in U.S. cities, making it a bargain for budget-conscious seniors.
- The Springfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including NorthCrest Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Springfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Robertson County Senior Center, an organization that hosts exercise programs, social events and off-site trips for local seniors.
- The close proximity to Nashville, known as "Music City USA," offers plenty of arts and culture opportunities for seniors in Springfield. In downtown Springfield, seniors at local assisted-care living facilities may enjoy field trips to performances by the Robertson County Players, one of the oldest community theater groups in Tennessee, or visits to the town's quaint, walkable historic preservation district.
- Springfield doesn't have scheduled municipal bus service within city limits but is part of the Mid Cumberland Public Transit system, which offers reservation-based curb-to-curb transport within Robertson County as well as to and from neighboring counties. Senior fares are available, and the system prioritizes reservations for transport to and from medical appointments. The Nashville RTA also offers an express bus from Springfield and Joelton into downtown Nashville, and discounted fares for this trip are offered to seniors age 65 and older.
Paying for Assisted Living in Springfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Springfield start around $2,722 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Springfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Springfield
TennCare, the Tennessee Medicaid Program, includes a program called CHOICES, which can help cover the costs for eligible residents of assisted-care living facilities. Seniors have to meet specific income guidelines to qualify for the TennCare CHOICES program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Springfield
Springfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Springfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Springfield
Springfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Springfield
Review of Springfield Heights
My mom is at Springfield Heights. The care that she receives has been very good. The room that we chose is big enough for her where she can move around. My mom is not very high functioning, so she ... Read more
Review of Morningside of Springfield
My relative is in the assisted living at Morningside of Springfield, but he will be moving to the independent. It is a very nice facility. It is very clean, and he is comfortable there. The staff i... Read more
Review of Morningside of Springfield
What a blessing the wonderful staff at Morningside of Springfield has been and continues to be for me and my family! My Mother knowingly chose Morningside of Springfield once she needed skilled ca... Read more