2 Assisted Living Facilities in Glasgow, KY
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glasgow. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Glasgow 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glasgow, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glasgow
Glasgow is known for its historic homes, many of which date back to the early 19th century. The majority of these homes are located on South Green Street in Glasgow.
Glasgow also has a large senior population - 21.1 percent of residents are over age 65. Older adults looking for assistance with personal care and activities of daily living can choose from two assisted living facilities in the town. Both are regulated by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glasgow
- The Glasgow, Kentucky area is home to world-class medical facilities including TJ Samson Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Glasgow has what climate maps call a humid, sub-tropical climate. That is defined as having hot, humid summers, rainy springs and mild, cool winters. In Glasgow, the average high temperature in January is 46 degrees Fahrenheit and the average high temperature in July is 91 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Glasgow has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Glasgow Senior Center, an organization that offers meals, wellness programs and transportation to seniors age 60 and older.
- Crime in Glasgow has increased overall by four percent in recent years and is 21 percent higher than the national average. While this is consistent with other cities in the region, it can still be a concern for older people and their families.
- The scenic Cumberland Parkway connects the Glasgow to Bowling Green, Kentucky to the west and to Columbia, Kentucky to the east, and Glasgow Transit offers public, scheduled bus service within the city. Although there is no senior fare discount offered by Glasgow Transit, the regular rate is much lower than in most cities.
- The signature event in Glasgow each year is the Scottish Highland Games, held each June. In addition, seniors in Glasgow enjoy visiting Fort Williams and the adjacent Civil War battlefield, South Central Kentucky Cultural Center and Onyx Cave.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glasgow
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Glasgow start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glasgow and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glasgow
Glasgow area seniors who meet the eligibility requirements will find a number of government assistance programs to help them with the cost of assisted living. These include Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glasgow
Glasgow and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glasgow, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glasgow
Glasgow-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Glasgow
Review of Highland Ridge
The lady that showed us around Highland Ridge was extremely nice, and she showed us all the units they had available. The one that I selected had a lot of sunlight. The other ones were dark. It's a... Read more
Review of Highland Ridge
Highland Ridge was so nice, and they invited us back to try their food. They were very and the facility is just wonderful. I would like to stay there, and I think it would be preferable to being by... Read more
Review of Highland Ridge
My experience while visiting this particular assisted living facility was great. While my work experience has been in long term care, visiting this assisted living facility was a good insight into ... Read more