14 Assisted Living Facilities near Elizabethtown, KY
Also serving communities of Hodgenville, Leitchfield.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Elizabethtown area, with 6 in Elizabethtown and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Elizabethtown is $2,765 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Bardstown with an average starting cost of $2,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 71 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Elizabethtown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Elizabethtown 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Elizabethtown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Elizabethtown, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown is located among the rolling hills in Kentucky, about 45 miles north of Louisville. With Fort Knox to the north and Mammoth Cave to the south, Elizabethtown offers a multitude of day trip options.
Assisted living communities in Elizabethtown must receive certification from the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living. According to the department, assisted living facilities provide housing units, on the same site, for five or more adults who are not related to the management. The city of Elizabethtown has 14 assisted living facilities near Elizabethtown, six of which are located within the city limits.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Elizabethtown
- The low cost of living is one of the advantages seniors enjoy in Elizabethtown. With a cost of living index of 88.6, the city is substantially lower than the national average. Its low rates are very near the Kentucky average for groceries, but Elizabethtown has far lower rates for health care than both the country and the state.
- The violent crime rate in Elizabethtown is around the same as the U.S. average, so seniors should feel safe in this smaller community. The property crime rate, however, in the city is 11.4 points higher than the nation.
- The Elizabethtown climate is perfect for seniors looking for warm temperatures. The city only gets about three inches of snow per year and enjoys a July high of 87 degrees.
- At 6.0 percent, the sales tax rate in Elizabethtown is the same as the national average but the income tax rate is 2.6 percent higher. The good news for seniors is that the state of Kentucky exempts all Social Security retirement income from taxation. There are also impressive deductions for other kinds of retirement income.
- The Elizabethtown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hardin Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Elizabethtown offers non-emergency door-to-door public transportation through the Transit Authority of Central Kentucky (TACK).
Paying for Assisted Living in Elizabethtown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Elizabethtown start around $2,765 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Elizabethtown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Elizabethtown
In Kentucky, as in many states, Medicaid does not offer financial assistance for those receiving assisted living services. Unfortunately, there are no other state programs available to help with the cost of assisted living facilities. According to the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living, assisted living communities are considered private businesses and are, therefore, are not entitled to public funding.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Elizabethtown, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Elizabethtown, KY
Other Options in Elizabethtown, KY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Elizabethtown
Review of RobinBrooke Senior Living
RobinBrooke was a beautiful place, but they didn't have an opening at the time. It looked very beautiful and homey. I talked to a lady who lived there while I was there, and she was very compliment... Read more
Review of Atria Elizabethtown
My family is so grateful and impressed with the care our parents are receiving at Atria. It has exceeded our expectations. The nursing and care staff are very diligent, responsive, and are always... Read more
Review of Bluegrass Assisted Living - Elizabethtown
We toured Bluegrass Assisted Living. They took me to the memory care and assisted living. The staff seemed nice, but I really only met one person. The facilities were not as nice as the other two t... Read more