15 Assisted Living Facilities near New Albany, IN
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the New Albany area, with 4 in New Albany and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in New Albany is $3,313 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 58 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New Albany. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New Albany 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Floyds Knobs with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New Albany, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in New Albany, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Albany
Just across the Ohio River opposite of Louisville, New Albany, Indiana was founded shortly after the Revolutionary War by three brothers from New York. Now, the city is home to more than 5,600 people aged 65 and over who have access to four assisted living facilities in town. There are an additional 11 facilities located in nearby areas. These officially licensed and regulated facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities in New Albany and in all of Indiana.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Albany
- New Albany experiences cold winters with an average low temperature in January reaching 26 degrees. Seniors may want to be careful venturing out during this time. The city also gets a lot of rain with 45 inches of precipitation annually.
- The American Lung Association gives Floyd County, where New Albany is located, an F for ozone pollution. Seniors in the community should check the daily ozone levels before going outside to protect their respiratory and cardiovascular health. The county gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution.
- Seniors in New Albany have access to affordable public transit along Transit Authority of River City (TARC) routes. TARC provides service to spots all around the Greater Louisville area. Discounted fares and passes are available for those aged 65 and over.
- New Albany is an affordable place for seniors to live. The overall cost of living is 88.3, 11.7% below the national average of 100. The city is also less expensive than most parts of the Greater Louisville area.
- In order to make living more affordable for seniors in New Albany, the state of Indiana has a program called Unified Tax Credit for the Elderly. This program provides credits for state taxes based on certain income requirements.
- New Albany has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Louisville.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Albany
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in New Albany start around $3,313 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Albany and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Albany
Depending on income, there are several financial aid options available for seniors in New Albany who need help paying for assisted living. The Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program can help cover the cost of room and board, laundry as well as care coordination at state-approved residential care facilities. Those who meet the qualifications for Medicaid can take advantage of the Aged and Disabled Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Albany
New Albany and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New Albany, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Albany
New Albany-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near New Albany, IN
Other Options in New Albany, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New Albany
Review of The Mansion on Main
My partner lived at The Mansion on Main. We realized he was going to need a higher level of care and they only had the assisted living unit available. It was excellent and we had a very nice experi... Read more
Review of The Mansion on Main
My mother likes The Mansion on Main. We haven't had any complaints because she hasn't been there very long. The rooms are nice. It's a very clean place. She's satisfied, and they seem to take care ... Read more
Review of The Mansion on Main
I was accommodated very nice at The Mansion on Main. The people seemed to be attentive and kind, the place is exquisitely decorated, and it's very beautiful. I did not like the fact that it was not... Read more