41 Assisted Living Facilities near Lagrange, KY
Also serving communities of Lyndon, Prospect, Mount Washington.
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lagrange area, with 2 in Lagrange and 39 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 240 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lagrange. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lagrange 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lagrange, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lagrange, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lagrange
La Grange is a small town of 8,000 people in the Ohio River Valley that packs in a lot of culture and entertainment for seniors in the area to enjoy. Since only 10.5% of the residents here are aged 65 and over, La Grange has a relatively young population, but the area has a lot to offer its seniors. There are three assisted living facilities in the city and 41 more in nearby areas.
In La Grange and the rest of Kentucky, facilities that provide some daily assistance for seniors are either designated as assisted living communities or personal care homes. Assisted living communities are certified by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living while personal care homes are licensed by Kentucky Cabinet for Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lagrange
- Seniors looking for a safe place to call home may appreciate the low rate of crime in La Grange. The violent crime rate is 13.5 points lower than the national average of 22.7. The property crime rate is 26.7, which is 18.1 points lower than the average for the Louisville metro area.
- Main Street in La Grange is well known for hosting a variety of cultural activities. Seniors can enjoy a farmers' market with goods from local artisans and the Spirits of La Grange Ghost Tour that visits historical sites in the city throughout the year. Downtown also has many shopping, dining and art attractions.
- While La Grange has an above-average cost of living for Kentucky, expenses are on par for the Greater Lousiville area. The city has an overall cost of living that's 21.8 points higher than the Kentucky average and 11.3 points higher than the national average.
- Due to Kentucky's friendly tax policies, seniors in La Grange may find assisted living more affordable. All Social Security income is exempt from taxation, and income from retirement savings accounts and pensions requires a deduction of $31,110 per person.
- Public transportation is available for seniors in La Grange on Oldham's Public Bus. The Red Route provides service from Shepherd of the Valley to the Cedar Court Apartments on Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Fares for residents age 65 and over are only 50 cents.
- La Grange has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Louisville.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lagrange
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Lagrange start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lagrange and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lagrange
The state of Kentucky, in addition to the federal government, can pay for room, board and other expenses at a personal care home for seniors who are on SSI through Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lagrange
Lagrange and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lagrange, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lagrange
Lagrange-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lagrange, KY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lagrange
Review of Countryside Meadows
My father is at Countryside Meadows. I like it because there are only around twelve to eighteen people there, and they take personal care of them. I think they get more personal attention. It seems... Read more
Review of Countryside Meadows
CountrySide Meadows is a small facility. They only have 20-21 beds, and it's really more personal there. There are people there who probably need to be in a nursing home, but they take care of them... Read more
Review of Countryside Meadows
Countryside Meadows was homey, but very small, and it's mostly women. It's nice, but it wasn't for my dad. The staff was very nice and friendly. The dining area was homey, nice, and clean. The faci... Read more