3 Assisted Living Facilities near Madison, IN
Also serving communities of Hanover.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Madison area, with 2 in Madison and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Madison is $2,965 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Madison. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Madison 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Seymour with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Madison, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Madison, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Madison
The city of Madison is most recognized for its historic buildings, its beautiful parks and its unique shops. The city hosts two annual parades, including the Christmas Parade during the holiday season and the Regatta Parade in the summer. Madison is a relatively small city with less than 12,000 residents, but it has a large senior community that accounts for nearly 20% of the population.
The Madison area has three assisted living facilities, including two in the city proper and one in nearby Hanover. In Indiana, assisted living facilities may be called residential care facilities, and they are licensed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Madison
Crime in Madison is rated 56 out of 100, indicating that this city's crime rate is fairly average in comparison to other U.S. cities of all sizes. When compared only to similarly sized communities across the country, Madison's crime rate is considerably lower. This may make the city a good option for seniors who enjoy being out alone in the community.
- Madison has long, warm and humid summers with July highs in the mid-80s and muggy conditions more than 60% of the time, and winters are chilly with highs near 40 degrees. The city gets just 13 inches of snow annually, half the national average, which might appeal to seniors who use mobility aids.
- The overall cost of living in Madison is about 20% below the national average and 6% below the statewide median, which may make the city a financially viable option for seniors on fixed incomes. Healthcare is particularly affordable in this city, with average costs for doctor's visits, hospital stays and dental care coming in more than 20% below the national median.
- In Indiana, seniors pay state income tax on income from retirement accounts and pensions, but Social Security benefits are not taxed. This may let seniors in Madison put more money toward assisted living expenses.
- The Madison area is home to world-class medical facilities, including King's Daughters' Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Madison, public transportation is provided through the Catch-A-Ride service from Lifetime Resources. On-demand service is available on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., and seniors ride for a discounted fare.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Madison
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Madison start around $2,965 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Madison and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Madison
In Madison, low-income seniors may qualify for financial assistance with assisted living services through Indiana’s traditional Medicaid program, through the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Madison
Madison and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Madison, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Madison
Madison-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Madison
Review of Jewel Place
The rooms are clean, bright and updated and community was very cozy and home like. It definitely did not have a clinical feel to it. More like home!!! The staff was super nice. Everyone introduced... Read more
Review of River Terrace Health Campus
River Terrace is new and it seems to have everything that a person could want. It's a very nice community. The room is very new and very nice. I could have the things I need there like my televisio... Read more