23 Assisted Living Facilities near Jeffersonville, IN
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jeffersonville area, with 2 in Jeffersonville and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jeffersonville is $3,445 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include New Albany with an average starting cost of $3,313.
To help you with your search, browse the 106 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jeffersonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jeffersonville 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Louisville with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jeffersonville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jeffersonville, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jeffersonville
Situated across Ohio River and with a convenient pedestrian bridge that leads to Louisville, Kentucky, the mid-sized city of Jeffersonville, Indiana, lets seniors enjoy peaceful community living and easy access to big city amenities. The Jeff, as it’s colloquially called, is home to two assisted living facilities, and there are 20 others in nearby areas including New Albany and Louisville. In Jeffersonville, as in the rest of Indiana, these facilities are referred to as residential care facilities (RCFs), and they're licensed by the state’s Department of Health Division of Long Term Care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jeffersonville
- Jeffersonville’s Sperling Comfort Index of 51 is lower and somewhat comparable to the national average rating of 54. The city’s year-round climate is characterized by mild to cold winters, hot summers and higher amounts of rainfall than the U.S. average. This may hinder seniors from frequently going outdoors.
- Social security isn't taxed in Indiana, while pensions and retirement account withdrawals are fully taxed. Although sales tax in Indiana is higher than the national average, groceries and prescription medicines are tax-exempt, and the cost of living in Jeffersonville is 5 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- The local public transit in Jeffersonville lets seniors travel around southern Indiana and to Louisville, Kentucky. The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) operates the Jeffersonville-Louisville-New Albany bus route with reduced fares for passengers 65+. The area is also covered in TARC paratransit services.
- The city of Jeffersonville actively promotes its local arts and culture scene for seniors to enjoy. Free experiences include strolling and leisure activities at the NoCo Arts and Cultural District, outdoor events at RiverStage and artwork activities through JAM (Jeffersonville Art Movement) Sessions.
- The Jeffersonville area is home to world-class medical facilities including Clark Memorial Hospital, East Jeffersonville Medical Center and Wellstone Regional Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jeffersonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Jeffersonville start around $3,445 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jeffersonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jeffersonville
Senior citizens in Jeffersonville who are Medicaid beneficiaries may qualify for the state of Indiana's Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP) and Aged and Disabled (A&D) waiver for financial coverage on the cost of assisted living services provided by licensed residential care facilities (RCFs).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jeffersonville
Jeffersonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jeffersonville, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jeffersonville
Jeffersonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Jeffersonville, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jeffersonville
Review of Windsor Ridge Assisted Living
Windsor Ridge was pretty nice. It was smaller than the other place we visited, so there weren't as many residents there. It didn't quite feel as homey. It felt more like an old-school nursing home.... Read more
Review of Riverbend
My mom is at Riverbend. She is not necessarily thrilled with it. She does not care for the food, they have a big turnover with the nursing staff, all the staff, I guess, and a big turnover in the k... Read more
Review of Riverbend
The staff at Riverbend seemed fine, I spoke to some of the residents and they're actually happy with their care. The facilities are up-to-date, clean, and spacious. One of the things that I like ab... Read more