3 Assisted Living Facilities near Corydon, IN
Also serving communities of Lanesville.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Corydon area, with 2 in Corydon and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Corydon is $3,924 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Corydon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corydon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Floyds Knobs with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corydon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Corydon, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corydon
Corydon, which is located in the southern region of Indiana, is the home of Indiana's first state capital and has a historic downtown region that seniors can explore on a self-guided walking tour. This small city has a little over 3,000 residents, nearly one in five of whom are aged 65 and over.
In Corydon, as in all of the state, assisted living facilities are officially called residential care facilities. They are licensed through the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging. Corydon has two assisted living facilities, and there is one more in nearby Lanesville.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corydon
- On a 100-point index, the overall cost of living in Corydon is 91.9, versus the nationwide score of 100 and the Indiana score of 87. The city is a particularly affordable place to receive healthcare services, with the cost of hospital stays and routine medical care coming in a little over 20% below the statewide average. This may benefit seniors with chronic health conditions.
- In Corydon, seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits, even those that are taxed at the federal level. However, all other types of retirement income are fully taxed at the state level, which may affect seniors' assisted living budgets.
Summers in Corydon are hot and humid with average July highs near 90, which may be a concern for seniors who are sensitive to heat. Winters are cool with average January highs in the low-40s.
- Public transportation is Corydon is provided courtesy of Southern Indiana Transit System. This non-profit organization provides demand pick-up and drop-off services to local banks, grocery stores and medical buildings and features CPR/First Aid certified drivers and wheelchair-accessible vans.
- The crime rate in Corydon is 68 out of 100, meaning that the city is safer than 68% of cities of all sizes across the country. Compared to other communities with similar population sizes, Corydon's property crime and violent crime rates are notably below the median. This may make the city a good option for seniors who are looking for a safe community.
- The Corydon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Harrison County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corydon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Corydon start around $3,924 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corydon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corydon
Seniors in Corydon who have limited income and assets may qualify for financial assistance for assisted living services through Indiana's Medicaid program, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corydon
Corydon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corydon, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corydon
Corydon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Corydon, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corydon
Review of Cedar Court
My great aunt is at Cedar Court. I don't think they've had any COVID, so they have very good policies about it. The place looks very nice, fairly new, and very clean. The staff is very good, and th... Read more
Review of Cedar Court
My uncle is in Cedar Court. We love it. It's Christian-based, and it's more like a little family than a big institution. We like the staff. They're very helpful. They have exercises and Bingo. Ther... Read more
Review of Cedar Court
We're happy with Cedar Court. The rooms are a nice size. The place looks nice, clean, and everything seems OK. The staff is doing a great job. My father-in-law seems to like the food. He's happy wi... Read more