Riverbend Jeffersonville, IN

Reviews of Riverbend

Assisted Living Reviews for Riverbend

June 30, 2018

By Gary

Riverbend Assisted Living is fantastic on all counts. The staff is great, the place is clean, and the food is wonderful. It's a top-notch and classy organization all the way through.

June 25, 2018

By griff1814

Be aware when it comes time to place a family into a care facility. My sister and I did our research. We toured the faculty. We talked to family member of previous residents(most from many years ago) When we met with them we were told of all the wonderful activities to keep their minds active. Of the lovely courtyard where they could enjoy some fresh air and they even sometimes planted flowers. After she moved there, what I saw was very little I interaction with the residents by staff. The staff sit in a room and observe the residents through a glass wall, as if they were in a prison. They say there are activities all day for the residence to keep their mind active. This is not true. They have a calendar of events but these are frequently canceled.The say say they there a courtyard for the residents to enjoy and even garden. But it is almost always locked. When my mother would ask to go outside, they refused. Telling her that the didn’t have the staff to accompany her. They would give my mother a sleeping pill at 7 pm and put her to bed when the sun was still up. When I ask them to do that later in the evening, the response was “I will put it in her chart” but nothing changed. She was frequently up wandering at 2-3am because she went to bed too early. I ask that when there was actually an activity, for them to let her know and show her where to go. I again got “ we’ll put it in her chart”. But nothing changed. My mother constantly complained of being bored. Eventually she started having attention seeking behaviors. Instead of working with her to keep her entertained they wanted her medicated. I wrote an email to the management about my concerns regarding her care. I told them that they were not providing what we were promised before we moved Mom there. The response was they would look into it and get back to me. They never did. They gave medication, they insisted on, one day to work . When it didn’t they insisted(we initially refused) on sending her to a geriatric psych unit to adjust her medications. There her care was even worse. She only lived at Riverbend for 2 months. Before she moved to Riverbend she was physically fit and active for her age. She was always going to activities and exercise classes when she lived at Westminster. All her problems stemmed from Alzheimer’s. Which is why we moved her to a facility that specializes in memory care. Now we are burying her on Thursday.

November 10, 2017

By Todd

We chose Riverbend because it is similar to where my mom lived before and it isn't like a hospital. My mother is in the memory care unit and they have a doctor that visits.

April 14, 2017

By Lisa338276

My brother is in the memory care unit of Riverbend. The staff is absolutely fantastic, they are very attentive to my brother, and everything looks very clean. They are just on top of the game. I haven’t eaten there myself, but I have walked through the dining room ,and the food looked very good. His room is nice and bright, and I like the fact that there is no carpeting. They keep the floor mopped, and it is just very clean.

September 14, 2016

By Robert813836

Riverbend was really nice -- nice facility, nice location, everything was clean, and the staff was really doing their job, so I liked this one the best.

June 10, 2016

By Debbie151235

I placed my mother at Riverbend. It’s such a wonderful facility. They call me if there are any concerns or any changes in her medicines. They take really good care of her. The staff is very attentive and very good. Her doctor goes there and the nurses see to it that they get her medicines. They have nursing assistants that assist with the baths and help her get dressed. They do her laundry and have a lot of activities for them, like bingo. Last week, they were having a Derby Party and special events for Mother’s Day. They serve good food and get three meals a day plus snacks. I think they do well.

December 28, 2015

By Caring Daughter118537750

The only place that I visited was Riverbend. I thought it was actually pretty good. I met the director; I thought she was nice, knowledgeable, and friendly. I thought the rooms were clean and nice. They were fine. I definitely would have my mom stay there. If it turned out she would have to stay in a place, I would pick Riverbend. It was clean and nice. Everything was fine about it. They had activities like bingo, cards, cooking, day trips in a van, and things like that.

October 28, 2015

By Sarah F.

I have my mom into Riverbend. We choose the community because it is clean; it has lots of activities; I liked the ratio of staff to residents; and some previous reviews I have already read about the community. They have a doctor that comes one day a week, and they also have a podiatrist. They have a bus that takes them out.

September 07, 2015

By Judie6

The care at Riverbend is excellent, and the food is very good. It is older, so it is not luxurious like the other facilities. They have lots of activities for the seniors. My friend's mother has a private room, and it is very comfortable. She has a living area, a little kitchen with a little refrigerator, a bedroom with a nice closet, and a handicap bathroom.

Memory Care Reviews for Riverbend

Questions about Riverbend

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Staff is required to complete various training throughout the year to meet or exceed state guidelines.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Riverbend. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Riverbend accepts individuals meeting assisted living requirements aged 62 and older. Our residents enjoy socializing and create a warm and friendly environment.

What programs or activities does Riverbend offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents participate in various activities, including arts, crafts, music and exercise.

What places are near Riverbend or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are conveniently located off Veterans Parkway in a residential neighborhood. We have quick access to shopping and dining options.

What safety features or security measures does Riverbend offer to assisted living residents?

All rooms have a pull-cord system. We have nursing staff available 24/7.

How does Riverbend keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Emails are sent out Monday - Friday to families to keep them updated with current COVID information and visitation guidelines.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What safety features or security measures does Riverbend provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a separate secure memory care building for individuals that have been diagnosed with dementia.

How does Riverbend keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Riverbend. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Photos of Riverbend

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: None

• Licenses: 10885

About Riverbend

Go with the flow of life at Riverbend, where our modern amenities and convenient services enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Our Jeffersonville, Indiana, Assisted Living and Memory Care community offers a number of studio and one-bedroom apartment homes that provide plenty of space to entertain family and friends. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries of solitary living and cooking and cleaning - in surroundings that are kind and gracious with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our residents enjoy our homey, country setting with beautifully manicured grounds, a landscaped courtyard and full calendar of activities and social programs yet can escape to nearby downtown Louisville, Kentucky, and all of its shopping, dining and entertainment options. Be assured that Riverbend provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment.

Map of Riverbend