The Forum at Brookside

The Forum at Brookside (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Forum at Brookside

Assisted Living Reviews for The Forum at Brookside

May 15, 2015

The Forum was wonderful. I couldn't find any negative thing about it. They seemed to be excellent. It was clean, well run, and secured, and the clients that we saw seemed to be driving and happy. We ate dinner there, and they were very gracious. My brother and his wife went with me, and we thought the apartments were nice. They had a lot of activities, and that was one of the good things that we were looking for. They had an indoor pool, and they had water aerobics.

February 17, 2015

By Susan72449050

The Forum at Brookiside was very nice. It was larger, and the walking distance from the room to the dining room is what turned me off on that one; that was the only drawback. They do have a swimming pool, patio homes, a lot of acres, and a lot of land.

November 21, 2014

By Michele23

My dad is in a facility in Louisville near my sister called The Forum. It’s clean, it feels like a home, it has excellent care, and the staff is very helpful. They have a garden area, and they can watch the ducks. They have a separate group that has an office but it is separate from the phone call helping hands, so we use that group a lot of times to make sure he gets to different place because his Alzheimer is getting worse. My sister has tried the food, and she has been very happy with the food. It’s in a really nice suburb area, and it’s kind of like a close gated community. There is a guard check when you come in, and then it sort of like a lot of woody grounds on paths that you can you on hiking.

July 31, 2014

By Janet85782250

The Forum is 2 blocks from where I live. The staff is very wonderful. The food is good. They provide transportation, 3 meals a day. They have coupons so if my parents don't eat there one night, we can go another night and eat with them free. They have the largest floor space of any facility in Louisville on their apartments. The apartments are very nice-sized so they don't feel cramped. My parents love it. They're very happy. The rooms are extremely large. They're in an apartment but they also have villas. It's more like an apartment building than an institution. Their bathroom has safety bars and emergency cords. The activities are just wonderful. There is always something going on. The best features are the space, the rooms, the square footage of the apartments and the amenities. They have an indoor swimming pool. It's just very nice.

May 10, 2014

The Forum at Brookside was recommended by Caring.com. I visited the place, since I was looking in the area for a facility for my mom. The staff were very nice to me. I liked the fact that there were independent homes and apartments. I saw both the rooms in the house and the apartments. The rooms were adequate, and definitely nice and clean. Although, I thought it needed to be updated. The dining room was very pretty; unfortunately, I was not able to sample the food. I thought a lot of the activities were centered around the meal times. The residents appeared content and happy. However, there was no progression in the event that her needs of care progressed. And that was one of the things I wanted available. Nonetheless, I really liked the independent apartment homes, and I would definitely recommend the facility to other people.

July 25, 2013

By Maria17

The place is wonderful, as a matter of fact, it's everything I would ever want because of the way they do things and . The residents don't just sit in the wheelchair and I wouldn't want my mom just seated in the wheelchair. I like the way the staff treat the people that lived there. They have a section where they have people that can get around; an assisted living area, and then there is a section for dementia and Alzheimer's. The staff were more than helpful and more than caring. The staff that showed us around is very detail-oriented. They showed us around the facility and the activities they do on certain days a week. They have different room setups like a sewing room and for the men they have a tool room and a workshop room. We had breakfast there and the food was wonderful. The facility is clean. The whole place was just fresh, warm, and caring. They give one on one level of care. Depending on what your situation is they have specialist that worked with you on that particular group. The rooms have handicapped showers and handicapped bed. It's just so nice. The residents in the dementia unit were monitored. I felt comfortable with the staff.

July 28, 2011

By jt40014

This facility has all facets of care from Independent Living to 24 hour Nursing Care. My only complaint is the level of service and follow through in the Nursing facility. Well meaning people, however, not up to date on the needed care of our patient.

Independent Living Reviews for The Forum at Brookside

December 30, 2015

By Happy visitor11

We are leaning toward The Forum because they have continuing care, did not require an upfront deposit, and have separate cottages available. Aside from the usual activities, they have bridge and current affairs discussions.

May 15, 2015

The Forum was a total community. They had a lot of trips for people. They had party room, and I thought it was good. It was the nicest facility prior to all that we saw. It was more wide open. The detriment was that a lot of their facilities were out of the main buildings -- a lot of condos. So in bad weather, that would be a problem in getting to the main facility. It was the only drawback to it. I ate there, and the food was really good. All the dining areas were separated by itself with four chairs and a table. They were very nicely done. It had a more community atmosphere than the others that we saw. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful when you asked questions.

I am the Executive Director and I sincerely appreciate your positive review. We are proud of our reputation as “Louisville’s Happiest Retirement Community” and we are pleased that you experienced our friendly atmosphere! Our park like setting on landscaped acreage has a neighborhood feel. We do offer townhomes which many residents select because of the privacy, the square footage, the easy access to their outdoor areas and the security of a gated campus. I want to be sure that you are aware of the services we provide to allow people to enjoy their private home setting and still be able to enjoy all of the services and amenities in our clubhouse building. During meal times, our bus will go through the neighborhood continuously so that our residents can easily enjoy meals in the dining room. Anytime during the day, just call us and we will pick you up at your door. We also provide meal delivery for those days that you may wish to stay in your townhome. Think of it as your own, personal chauffeur.

Warm Regards, Bill Hulsey

January 21, 2015

The staff that showed us around The Forum at Brookside were all nice. It's a beautiful place -- a lot bigger than most -- but it costs a lot more there too. The rooms were really spacious. We didn't like the dining room because you have to go outside to get there. I think they need to have it where you don't have to go outside to get to it.

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to write a review about The Forum at Brookside. Our goal is to provide exceptional care and quality of life for those we serve and I am happy to hear that our staff made a positive impression on you! The Forum at Brookside is Kentucky’s largest full-service senior living community and offers spacious apartments and villa garden homes for independent living, comfortable accommodations for those requiring personal care services, as well as a fully accredited health center for skilled nursing care and rehabilitation. Residents who live in the villas, do have to go outside to get to the dining room, however we do provide door to door transportation as well as complimentary room service if they choose not to go to the dining room. Residents who live in the apartments do not have to go outside to get to the dining room and also have the option to receive room service. I would love to spend time with you and go over all of the accommodations that we have to offer, please reach out to me directly. Thank you for your consideration,

Bill Hulsey, Executive Director The Forum at Brookside

• Dining Extra: Room Service Complimentary

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Lovely 40 Acre Campus, W/D In Apt.

• Tai Chi

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About The Forum at Brookside

The Forum at Brookside offers compassionate senior care in Louisville, KY. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Forum at Brookside shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Louisville, KY.

Map of The Forum at Brookside