StoryPoint Middletown

Reviews of StoryPoint Middletown

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Middletown

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Middletown

By Sophie'sMom

Moving Dad from his home was a very emotional process. He was very reluctant and is not a social person. Immediately the staff showed him they truly cared. Not just words, actions! The apartments are very spacious and comfortable. Although my father doesn’t participate in many of the group functions, he does enjoy the dinners and has made friends in the dining room. The entertainment options are endless and there is something for everyone.

By DanielP

Our mom lives at StoryPoint Middletown. We’ve been so pleased with so many aspects of her life at StoryPoint. The facilities are new and beautiful. The chef and her staff create and serve amazing meals every day. The activities at StoryPoint are varied, and numerous, with a diverse menu of activities happening each day. The thing we most appreciate about StoryPoint, Middletown, is the people themselves. Whether you’re talking about the Directors and front desk staff, the kitchen or housekeeping personnel, the activities directors, or the medical support staff, to a person, they have been genuine and caring, always going out of their way to gently and kindly meet the needs of our mom, and the needs of the other residents. Their pleasant and positive attitudes and customer oriented approach to service has made for a wonderful environment in which our mom has been able to thrive. We truly appreciate our friends at StoryPoint.

By Matt's Daughter

StoryPoint far exceeds my expectations from all facets. The facility is top of the line. The staff are absolutely fantastic, loving, caring, kind and lots of fun. The food is exceptional, healthy and gourmet. There are a wide variety of activities to engage in everyday that are fun, interesting and enhance the quality of living for the residents. There are lots of games, arts and crafts, cultural events, trips to area attractions, visits from animals, live entertainment and much more. The apartments are comfortable and cleaned on a regular basis. StoryPoint is much like living on a cruise ship without the water.

June 20, 2021

By Susan

I think StoryPoint Middletown was great, the only reason we didn't choose it for my mom was that the bedroom was a tiny bit smaller and the washer and dryer were not in the room. Otherwise, I think it's quite nice and everything else was just the same as the other place we saw. The staff was excellent, very knowledgeable, very helpful, and very friendly. It was wonderful there, it was brand-new, it's just a little over a year old so everything is topnotch. I got to see the dining area while people were eating, it was clean and large. They have bingo, cards, and music coming in. They also go to the grocery store once a week on their bus.

June 18, 2021

By Karen

StoryPoint Middletown was very nice and very contemporary. However, I did not think that it fit what my father would like. It was a gorgeous building. Everything was very nice. My father doesn't really need all the bells and whistles that they have there. They have a gym and a salon. It is very centrally located to a lot of shopping, a lot of restaurants, and a lot of churches. It would be very easy for seniors to get around and get to the places where they wanted to go.

March 06, 2021

By Tammy

I toured StoryPoint Middletown. It was excellent. They have very nice people. They have only been open a year, so everything looked brand new. The people were very friendly, and it was a good experience. We toured both independent and assisted living. The staff was very pleasant, very professional, and talked to us like family. The facility was very clean and very nice, and if I was in that situation, I would move in there. They had an art studio, an activities room, a dining area, and a chef. They would have different choices of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also had someone play the piano at night during dinner time. They had assisted living where they offered assistance, but my uncle needed a little more assistance than what they could offer. The apartments are very nice. In assisted living they have a refrigerator and a microwave, but they didn't have a cooktop or anything like that because they were assisted. They were very nice, very well kept, and roomy. They were big rooms. We toured a one-bedroom and an efficiency apartment. The independent apartments were very nice, very clean, and laid out nicely. You had your bedroom, a way to get to the bathroom that's close to the bedroom, and a full kitchen, so it was a really nice layout. We did not get to try the food, but we were able to see the menu. It looked like a very nice menu, and they had a better selection of food.

February 10, 2021

By Patrina

Could not ask for a better environment for my dad! He is truly loved and wanted here!

February 03, 2021

By Joel

My dad is at StoryPoint Middletown, I think he got really along with it. So far, he's only been there a couple of weeks so they've had Christmas reindeer games, movies on Saturdays and Sundays, and they have road trips where they go out in a van that takes them to see the Christmas lights or just takes them on tours or out of town. Basically, they have one or two things every day. I like the staff. They've been going out of their way to learn his name and his habits. They already told me, three of four them, if I have any issues just give them a call. They're excellent. I like the food a lot. It's restaurant quality. The facility is brand new. It has a full kitchen, it does not have a microwave. It has a stove, a full sized refrigerator, plenty of cabinet space, and a full bathroom with walk in shower. They have an extra storage area. If they have things stored in the room, they got an extra storage area. It's like maybe two or three lockers that goes up about four feet. They can store some of the stuff out of your room into that, if you don't need that much. They have a washer and dryer on the premises. The thing I like the most is they have a bistro and the bistro has about three big screen TVs so you can watch ball games and stuff like that with your family. It's just been really nice.

November 25, 2020

By Daughterdearest

They are wonderful to work with and truly care about the residents that live here!! I am so grateful to have some support for my parents that also ensures they feel independent. The apartments are a very nice size & one of my favorite small things are the built in nightlights that make sure there aren’t any dark corners which was super important to my Mom in her own home. They did not skimp on the cabinets, they are very nice well made cabinets & same goes for the bathroom fixtures. They really have tried to think of everything to make their residents lives as comfortable as possible.

October 29, 2020

By Kelly kimball

We came to Storypoint in a bit of distress as our parents were in a facility that was already having problems but then they were about to accept residents from a Covid positive residence. We didn’t know if their insurance would cover Storypoint but Matthew, Kyle and Zac put us at ease and promised to work things out-and they did! We are so happy to have found Storypoint. My parents are relaxed and at peace there and the food is great! The apartment is spacious and easy for them to get around in and the facility itself is gorgeous! Most importantly is the responsiveness and accessibility we have with the staff to any concern that might arise. Please consider Storypoint for yourself or those you love-you will be so glad you did.

October 28, 2020

By poppywis3

Deciding to move my mom into an independent living facility during such a difficult time in the world was not easy, but the staff at StoryPoint made it not only very easy, but they have been more helpful at every turn than I could have hoped for. I do not live in town, so knowing that my mom has what she needs, and is checked on regularly, has given me great peace of mind. Every person has been so wonderful, the transition has been just as easy and seamless for my mom! She loves the community there and the activities keep her engaged and active. She loves karaoke! We are so happy she no longer lives alone.

October 28, 2020

By jaustin5

StoryPoint Middletown is a fantastic senior living community. I could not have asked for a more perfect place for my parents to live. Their every need and desire has been met by a friendly and truly caring professional staff. The facility is beautiful with state of the art amenities. Cleanliness and safety are top priorities. The food is fantastic, breakfast, Lunch and dinner is you so desire. You will feel like you are eating at a five star restaurant from cloth table coverings to polished silverware and Chefs of the highest caliber. Daily activities and social events are imaginative, entertaining and engaging for all residents. If you are looking for a fantastic place for a Senior living, this is the best place in Kentucky bar none.

October 04, 2020

By Mary

Exceptional maintenance and condition of facility. Exceptional cleanliness. Friendly staff. Well-stocked game room. Prompt attention to personal needs. Exceptional laundry services. Everything is wonderful here. Clean, cheerful, with sanitation. The apartment is very nice and clean. Everything here is neat. The meals depend on what you like. There are things I don't like and there are things I do like. They have a variety. They have about five choices like for dinner that you can choose one from. They have soups, salads and wonderful desserts that we need. We have long halls that we can walk. We can walk anywhere in the building and to different floors if we want to do that. We can go outside and walk. There are areas that we can walk in which I know. I walk a lot.

July 08, 2020

By LeslieMcK

We moved my mother & aunt to a 2 bedroom apartment to be close to their other two sisters. Everyone has been so nice and helpful. The day we moved them they had them relax in the dining room with lunch until we had a place for them to sit. They even helped! Once they were moved in Zach and his team helped them get set-up. There are several activities scheduled through the week like Bingo, Crafts, Tie-dye, and Muffins & Mimosa’s are some my mom enjoys. My mom laughed and said maybe to much, it wears her out. It makes me happy to see them so involved. They have a nurse practitioner and doctors that will come on site to see residents, along with a pharmacy. They are both very happy there. It was such a great decision! I feel good knowing they are in a community of individuals who truly care about the residents. ❤️

Questions about StoryPoint Middletown

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at StoryPoint Middletown. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We recently opened January 13th and we are growing!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Peddler's Mall and Middletown Commons just to name a couple!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at StoryPoint Middletown has organized?

Churchill Down's visit and lunch at Double Dogs

What transportation services does StoryPoint Middletown offer to independent living residents?

A shuttle service that can take our residents anywhere within a 20 mile radius five days a week

What makes the chef or dining program at StoryPoint Middletown exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Chef Bailey Atkinson has had years of experience in the Senior Living industry and loves getting to know the residents' favorite foods and desserts. So much so she will always ask for their input, how to make things better, and even put our residents' family recipes on the menu as well. Our dining experience is comparable to one you can find at a five star restaurant with affordable prices in our cafe, bistro and premier dining room!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our cafe where there is a piano and seating, multiple activities rooms for large social gatherings and a number of small gathering areas at the end of each hallway as well.

What safety features or security measures does StoryPoint Middletown offer to independent living residents?

Our building operates from 7:30am-7:30pm with front desk reception manning the building. After hours, the building is secure from any outsiders and our check in system is monitored by our 3rd shift caregivers for friends and family of residents to visit.

If StoryPoint Middletown accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes! We have lots of space for our animals to roam outside of the community and we ask for them to be on a leash while inside.

Does StoryPoint Middletown work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We own our own home health care company called Laurus Home Health. We do not outsource any of our care to third party companies. Rather, we can provide virtually the same care a nursing home can within the apartment of our residents.

Costs for StoryPoint Middletown

Photos of StoryPoint Middletown

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Middletown

• Minimum Age: None

About StoryPoint Middletown

Welcome to StoryPoint Middletown! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our senior living options include independent living and enhanced living. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Middletown is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Community Amenities

• Professionally Cooked Meals • Open-concept Living Floor Plans • Wheelchair Accessibility Community • Walk-in Showers With Safe Handle Bars • All Utilities (Except Telephone) • Shuttle and Transportation Service • Apartments With Private Outdoor Spaces • Fitness Classes and Enrichment Activities • Routine Maintenance • Biweekly Housekeeping • Weekly Linen Laundry Service • Beauty Salon and Barbershop Amenities • Nearby Walking Paths • Wi-Fi Available • Pet Care • And More!

We are a senior life connections company that is committed to both inspiring and empowering our residents in every interaction of every day.

Map of StoryPoint Middletown