15 Assisted Living Facilities near Racine, WI
Also serving communities of Sturtevant.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Racine area, with 11 in Racine and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Racine is $3,391 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Racine. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Racine 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pleasant Prairie with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Racine find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Racine, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Racine, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Racine
Racine, Wisconsin is the fifth-largest city in the state with a population of nearly 78,000. In January 2017, Racine was crowned "the most affordable place to live in the world" by the Demographia International Housing Affordability survey, proving the city to be an economical area where seniors can settle.
There are 14 assisted living facilities in the Racine area for residents to choose from. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services licenses and regulates four types of assisted living facilities (ALF) in Racine and across the state. These programs are defined as facilities that supervise individuals with some level of need but who don't need 24-hour nursing care. The four types of ALFs include adult day care, adult family homes, community-based residential facilities and residential care apartment complexes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Racine
- Mass transit in Racine is provided by the Belle Urban System, known as BUS for short. Seniors receive half-off fare with valid ID. For seniors who like to fly, Racine is one of three Wisconsin cities with a public international airport, Batten International Airport.
- Racine is home to many museums and galleries. The Racine Art Museum boasts the largest collection of modern artwork in America, with over 4,000 pieces of ceramic, jewelry, glass and wood, and over 4,000 works of paper and sculptures. Seniors receive a 30 percent discount when visiting the Racine Art Museum.
- The Racine area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wheaton Franciscan St. Luke's Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Racine has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Racine's Senior Adult Activities and Clubs, an organization that provides programs such as a nutrition plan, ballroom dancing and wood carving (and free coffee).
- Racine experiences 15 more inches of snowfall annually than the national average. With summer highs hardly reaching 80 degrees, Racine's cold weather could be a drawback for seniors choosing to live in the area.
- The city of Racine has an unusually high crime rate, and seniors' chances of being a victim of violent or property crime are 1 in 29.
Paying for Assisted Living in Racine
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Racine start around $3,391 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Racine and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Racine
In the state of Wisconsin, the Exceptional Expense Supplement for Members of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program allows qualifying seniors to receive additional Social Security income that can help pay for assisted living. On a federal level, seniors can receive aid through Medicaid's Medical Assistance Personal Care program when residing in an ALF with less than 20 residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Racine
Racine and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Racine, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Racine
Racine-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Racine, WI
Other Options in Racine, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Racine
Review of Home Harbor Racine
Home Harbor Racine has a grant by a Wisconsin program, so it helps subsidize with the payment. Most of the other places are beautiful, but they're not affordable. I loved the place. The apartments ... Read more
Review of St. Monica's Senior Living
We chose St. Monica's Senior Living because the director, Katherine, is an awesome person. I like her personality, taking time to help, just very professional and caring. I like the nurse there and... Read more
Review of Primrose Retirement Community of Racine
Primrose Retirement Community was very nice. My tour was very good and they were very helpful. Their staff and employees are very professional, very kind and friendly. They have a theater, a pub, i... Read more