44 Assisted Living Facilities near Oak Creek, WI
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oak Creek area, with 8 in Oak Creek and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oak Creek is $3,987 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Saint Francis with an average starting cost of $3,815.
To help you with your search, browse the 195 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oak Creek. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oak Creek 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cudahy with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oak Creek, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Oak Creek, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oak Creek
Located fewer than 15 miles south of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and along the shores of Lake Michigan, Oak Creek, has a population of over 36,000 people, and 12 percent of the residents are age 65 and over. To keep from becoming part of Milwaukee, this town used "The Oak Creek Law" when it incorporated. Seniors who wish to live in Oak Creek but need support with some daily activities can choose among the 42 assisted living communities in the area and the seven within the city limits. It's up to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to oversee and license assisted living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oak Creek
- Seniors can save some money on taxes living in Oak Creek. Wisconsin doesn't tax Social Security retirement income even if it's taxed on the federal level. However, it taxes all other forms of retirement income at a rate of four percent to 7.65 percent.
- The Oak Creek area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital and Aurora St Luke's Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- With Oak Creek in such close proximity to Milwaukee, seniors can take advantage of a thriving arts and culture scene. Assisted living facilities might take seniors to see a performance of the Milwaukee Ballet or an exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Seniors need a warm winter coat to live in Oak Creek since the snow season lasts for over four months with substantial accumulation. Much of the winter temperatures remain below freezing. Summers are mild, and temperatures rarely reach the low 80s.
- Oak Creek is a relatively safe town for seniors. It has an overall crime rate that's nine percent lower than the national average but 18 percent higher than the state's average.
- The cost of living in this town is eight percent higher than the national average; however, it's two percent lower than the state's cost of living. Seniors may find this area affordable.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oak Creek
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Oak Creek start around $3,987 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oak Creek and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oak Creek
In Wisconsin, seniors can find a variety of options for financial assistance for assisted living. Low-income seniors can use Medicaid to cover the costs. The state offers several programs for assisted living costs, including Wisconsin Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Exceptional Expense Supplement,
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oak Creek
Oak Creek and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oak Creek, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oak Creek
Oak Creek-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Oak Creek, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oak Creek
Review of Cornerstone of Oak Creek
There were a lot of things that we didn't like about The Cornerstone of Oak Creek. The staff member seemed cold and not friendly, and kind of rushed us through things. It was old and big. The resid... Read more
Review of Meadowmere & Mitchell Manor Oak Creek
Meadowmere is a top-of-the-line facility, and the caring staff was very approachable. The manager made sure our names were spelled correctly, put a sign on the front desk to welcome us, and was ver... Read more
Review of Cornerstone of Oak Creek
The Cornerstone of Oak Creek was nice, but I was not super impressed. Their units were not as big as I would like it to be. They were probably meant for one person. Since I have both parents, I was... Read more