50 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Francis, WI
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Francis area, with 2 in Saint Francis and 48 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Francis is $3,815 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include West Allis with an average starting cost of $3,613.
To help you with your search, browse the 185 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Francis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Francis 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cudahy with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Francis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Francis, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Francis
St. Francis, located in south-eastern Wisconsin along Lake Michigan, is a suburb of Milwaukee and was incorporated in 1951 after more than 1,000 citizens voted to incorporate to establish an independent community. Today, the area is home to a senior community that makes up over 17% of its total population of 9,365 people. There are two assisted living facilities in St. Francis to help accommodate those seniors, along with another 44 facilities located in nearby areas such as Milwaukee, Franklin and West Allis.
The Wisconsin Department of Health licenses assisted living facilities in St. Francis and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Francis
- Wisconsin does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits or public pensions, which could leave more money in the assisted living budget for St. Francis seniors.
- The cost of living in St. Francis is 95, lower than the national average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for groceries in the area, healthcare and transportation are both higher than the average at 105.4 and 112, respectively, which might be of concern to seniors with chronic health conditions or who require regular medical appointments.
- St. Francis is a safe community for seniors looking to retire. The city has a violent crime rate of 8.3 and a property crime rate of 29.8, both lower than the respective U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The St. Francis area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Milwaukee.
Senior Express provides door-to-door transportation services for appointments and other errands. Seniors can call to reserve rides in advance to get fare estimates. Choice Care also provides non-emergency medical transportation to area seniors. This service provides door-to-door service and provides a courtesy phone call prior to pick-up.
- Seniors in St. Francis enjoy warm summers with temperatures of 82 degrees, which might make the area appealing to seniors who dislike extremely hot temperatures. Winters, however, are colder with lows of 14 degrees and 45 inches of annual snowfall, almost 20 more than the national average of 28 inches, which might make navigating the city difficult for seniors who rely on mobility aids. The city gets 191 sunny days each year, only 14 less than the national average of 205, which might provide plenty of opportunities to spend time outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Francis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Saint Francis start around $3,815 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Francis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Francis
St. Francis seniors who need help paying for assisted living costs may be able to get financial assistance from Wisconsin’s Elderly and Disabled waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Francis
Saint Francis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Francis, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Francis
Saint Francis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Francis, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Francis
Review of St. Francis Health Services
The staff at St. Francis Health Services is very good. My room isn't really big since I have to share it with another resident. We have no activities because of the current virus, but there's bingo... Read more
Review of Howard Village
My mother is in Howard Village, and it's going very well. Her apartment is very nice. The staff is very helpful. They have regular independent apartments as well. She is in a suite. They have daily... Read more
Review of Howard Village
We liked Howard Village very much. We were impressed with the attention that the staff gave us. The director and the nurse came to the house to assess our situation and were very attentive to our n... Read more